Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This year I won't turn the Bengals off again
Hi. Yesterday the CBS Palm Beach affiliate showed the Bengals-Steelers game. When Andy threw his pick in the end zone and the Pittsburgh guy returned it to almost-midfield, I turned the game off and decided to do some work.

I did get some good work done in the hour and a half I had the game off, but was shocked later when I saw my sister's post about the Bengals on FB: 7-0 Whoo-hoo!

Since it's so rare to have a broadcast Bengals game on here and since these are the new, never-say-die Bengals, I should NOT have turned off the game.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:47 PM)TreasureCoastBenGal Wrote: Hi. Yesterday the CBS Palm Beach affiliate showed the Bengals-Steelers game. When Andy threw his pick in the end zone and the Pittsburgh guy returned it to almost-midfield, I turned the game off and decided to do some work.

I did get some good work done in the hour and a half I had the game off, but was shocked later when I saw my sister's post about the Bengals on FB: 7-0 Whoo-hoo!

Since it's so rare to have a broadcast Bengals game on here and since these are the new, never-say-die Bengals, I should NOT have turned off the game.

correct.....

Although apparently steeler fans were already leaving mid way thru the 4th
Reply/Quote
The team has heart and they don't turn it off, so I don't either.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
With a 4 point lead, the game was never outta reach.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:00 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: With a 4 point lead, the game was never outta reach.

That's sort of how I felt about it.  For as bad as we were playing, we were in the game the entire time.

Never turn off the TV when your team is still in the game.  
Reply/Quote
I understand. I wore my Burfict Jersey, which I was convinced was cursed as the day I bought it he was concussed.

Apparently, my superstitions were proven wrong.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have never turned off a game that was within reach. I just can't bring myself to do it even if it's torture to not do it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I will not deny that there have been years when I have turned off Bengal games before they were over. But something has changed with me. Even though I was doing a lot of cursing throughout the game I never really lost hope. This was the third time in just 7 games this year that we have trailed in the fourth quarter and came back to win.
Reply/Quote
I turned off a Bengals game for the 1st time last year, I think Dalton threw a pick-6 in the first play of a Browns game. I told my g/f it's over, and turned the TV off. The Browns destroyed them that game.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I turned off a Bengals game for the 1st time last year, I think Dalton threw a pick-6 in the first play of a Browns game. I told my g/f it's over, and turned the TV off. The Browns destroyed them that game.

That was the Broncos game, and you were stupid to turn it off so early.
Reply/Quote
I've never turned off a Bengals game prior to it being over, even in the 90's. We are only promised 16 a year, I want every minute good or bad. And nowadays, just think of how those who turned the Seattle game off when we were down 17 in the 4th felt when they missed the comeback......
Reply/Quote
The Seahawks game taught us this season, you can't give up on the game until the time hit's triple 0's.... I rarely turn off the game, and when I do it's to turn on 1530 and listen to it as I try to clean house, cook, or anything to burn some of that nervous energy. I'm going to be found dead on a Sunday afternoon during football season. I just know it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
There is no excuse to ever turn off a game. Ever.
Reply/Quote
I had to leave to go to my son's game halfway through the third qtr against the Seahawks, and again yesterday at the end of the 3rd qtr. If we are down late in the game, I'm leaving my house. It sucks that their season is on my shoulders.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'll still walk out to the lake and drown a worm during the 3rd quarter when they're behind. So far it's the only thing that keeps them coming from behind. Of course I'm full of crap with this theory and I know it, but I don't have any other explanation.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote