Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those announcers yesterday
(09-14-2015, 06:53 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I guess I'm the only one who actually liked Simms calling the game. I thought he did a great job and felt like he added a different perspective and better insight than most of the other QB commentators have when I have heard them. I really liked the fact that he took the time to point out how many times the Bengals ran virtually the same play from different formations and personnel looks. As the game went on he started tying that back into the different personnel groups the Bengals have and which player was being moved around and from where.

He was very complimentary of the Bengals and wasn't homering for or against anyone. I kind of think he's a D-bag as a person but, hey... can't win them all.

I didn't hear him say anything about the Bengals. He did talk about the Bangels all day though.
Reply/Quote
Tom McCarthy is usually a good announcer. But he mostly calls the Phillies games.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Id take Berman & Dilfer over those two any day, thats how bad they are.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ha! I rarely complain about announcers, but they were awful - even when they attempted to compliment the Bengals. About 5 times I heard about how the Bengals have been to the playoffs 3 years in a row.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:48 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Id take Berman & Dilfer over those two any day, thats how bad they are.

Bermans voice is like nails on a chalk board. The dude can say 3 words before he's out of breath and forcing the words out with his last gasps.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:12 PM)Trademark Wrote: Anyone else find them annoying ? They were so horrible and they also sounded salty about us smacking the Raiders around
Anything is better than hearing Rich Gannon try to say the word offense. Brutal
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:31 PM)Stormborn Wrote: *Eifert scores*

"Man, Stanford produces some great Tight Ends huh?"

He also kept talking about the Bengals making it to the playoffs 3 straight years, oh and Marvin Lewis was out with an injury last year so...... yea they sucked.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:10 AM)WhoDey Wrote: Anything is better than hearing Rich Gannon try to say the word offense. Brutal

My choice for most intolerable commentator is Gruden on MNF. Berman is only slightly more bearable IMO
Reply/Quote
People have mentioned in various posts, all the little bits of misinformation they imparted. There is no excuse for that.

And Simms was also annoying me with than Bangles crap, but then his dad pronounces it Bingles, so what the hell, elocution is not big in the Simms household.
Reply/Quote
That was a really, really bad announced game. However, the Bengals are strangers to games like that. Too often they called things incorrectly
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:12 PM)Trademark Wrote: Anyone else find them annoying ? They were so horrible and they also sounded salty about us smacking the Raiders around

Chris Simms is as good at announcing as he was at playing QB, time for him to find another career outside the pigskin.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:48 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Id take Berman & Dilfer over those two any day, thats how bad they are.

Check yourself.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 02:19 AM)TKUHL Wrote: He also kept talking about the Bengals making it to the playoffs 3 straight years, oh and Marvin Lewis was out with an injury last year so...... yea they sucked.

well it has been 3 straight years if you can only remember 3 years ago lol instead of 4
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:53 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I guess I'm the only one who actually liked Simms calling the game. I thought he did a great job and felt like he added a different perspective and better insight than most of the other QB commentators have when I have heard them. I really liked the fact that he took the time to point out how many times the Bengals ran virtually the same play from different formations and personnel looks. As the game went on he started tying that back into the different personnel groups the Bengals have and which player was being moved around and from where.

He was very complimentary of the Bengals and wasn't homering for or against anyone. I kind of think he's a D-bag as a person but, hey... can't win them all.

Some of his points were valid, but he has a HORRIBLE voice for TV and even worse dictation.  You can't seriously call a Bengals game and call them the Bangles the whole time.  Somebody in production should be fired for that.  It should have been corrected at the first break.
Reply/Quote
Those announcers were awful.

Chris Simms sucked as QB and he's even worse as an announcer.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:31 PM)Stormborn Wrote: *Eifert scores*

"Man, Stanford produces some great Tight Ends huh?"

then he corrected that by saying Notre Dame produces great Receivers.
Reply/Quote
No matter who is the announcer on a Bengals game there will be thread about how terrible they are.

Seriously, according to this board there is not one single announcer who someone does not consider "garbage" when they do a bengals game.
Reply/Quote
Dave Lapham, forgive them. They must not know that any Dayton fan worth his salt will tell them: Mute the tube and crank WTUE!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No matter who is the announcer on a Bengals game there will be thread about how terrible they are.

Seriously, according to this board there is not one single announcer who someone does not consider "garbage" when they do a bengals game.

I find most of them to be less than impressive regardless of what game they are announcing.  Most of us just notice more during our games because we know our players and it stands out when the announcer says something that is undeniably incorrect.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
Now we get to go from Chris Simms to Dan Fouts.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote