Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those who don’t think we should take White at 11.
I will fight you. You don’t want this smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 04:54 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I will fight you. You don’t want this smoke.

I just don’t think he makes it to 11.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 04:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: I just don’t think he makes it to 11.

Probably not but if he’s there I’ll eat a litter of cute little kittens if we pass on him.

[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 04:54 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I will fight you. You don’t want this smoke.

There are people that are against us taking White? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
After watching talent at the LB position today we might have to throw down.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: After watching talent at the LB position today we might have to throw down.

Yeah.

If anything, I'm further from taking White and want a position of higher need.

There's a stupid amount of value with linebackers that are fast, agile, and can cover.  In today's NFL, that's what you need, and this class looks insanely deep with those types of players.
Reply/Quote
It was a good day for LBs but let’s be clear White and Bush are on their own level then a drop to Wilson then probably a drop to a next tier of 2 or 3 guys.
Reply/Quote
agree 100%, we have to take him at 11.........hes a difference maker we need on that side of the ball
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
He does ride a horse

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 06:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah.

There's a stupid amount of value with linebackers that are fast, agile, and can cover.  In today's NFL, that's what you need, and this class looks insanely deep with those types of players.

For us, there is no position of higher need.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Hands down if he is still on the board at 11, they would be CRAZY if they allow him to get away.He is a difference maker,a big time game changer,will be on the field for the whole game outside of a breather and we so need a linebacker to stop offenses,plus a OL guy that you can grab LATER.THIS guy is the real deal and you do not see players like this but once every 5 years.I would trade up to grab him,as he is that good and we NEED HIM.Two biggest weaknesses are linebacker and OL.We can get a top guy for the OL in the second,Devin White will be gone after the 11th pick.If they don't see this,they are just stupid.I been around football 48 years,and I am telling everyone,go get this guy.
Reply/Quote

Grab him at 11,if he is gone grab Devin Bush,he is that good as well,and we need a top linebacker to be a game changer,a difference maker and both of these guys are just that.Our biggests needs is linebacker and OL, and you can grab a top OL in the second,both of these backers will be gone at end of 1st round,after that its a big drop off.Go get one of these Duke,if you don't you are stupid.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 06:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah.

Since we happen to need two new LBers who can cover, I'm more for taking White or Bush (whoever is available) at 11, the OL in the second, then a LB with speed and cover ability later on. With White we'd immediately be better on defense and against TEs.

I'm really not a fan of Cody Ford at 11, at all. Big overdraft.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 05:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: There are people that are against us taking White? 

If it came down to taking the top ranked tackle on our board or White, I would lean towards the tackle.

Not opposed to drafting him, but we have such terrible talent on the right side of our line it's criminal.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 06:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: It was a good day for LBs but let’s be clear White and Bush are on their own level then a drop to Wilson then probably a drop to a next tier of 2 or 3 guys.

That holds true for most positions.

FWIW, I'd love White at 11, but there's also a couple others (Williams (either from Bama), Hock, Haskins, Greedy,...)

It's just there's a lot of talent at LB this year and if we go elsewhere I won't be mad. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 12:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: That holds true for most positions.

FWIW, I'd love White at 11, but there's also a couple others (Williams (either from Bama), Hock, Haskins, Greedy,...)

It's just there's a lot of talent at LB this year and if we go elsewhere I won't be mad. 

Totally agree. White or Bush are my faves, but Hock would suit me just fine. OT? Not sure there's that kind of value there at 11. Trade down? No, rather have one of the 3 I just mentioned. Pray we get good OLine talent in FA. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
We haven't used high enough picks on linebackers for quite awhile. I always wondered if Marvin thought he was a linebacker whisperer, and could develop fourth and fifth rounders. And yet, not only could we not cover, but our lack of speed at linebacker was obvious in the run game also, as backs consistently outran us to the sideline and got the edge.

I don't think we have a higher need. Our defense ranked dead last and our linebacker group was the weakest unit. If White is there, you take him, no questions asked.
Reply/Quote
If White isn't there at 11 (probably won't be..), you take Hock... I'm looking at value overall here fwiw. Anyone else I would want before those two are a lock in the top 8.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 12:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: That holds true for most positions.

I agree, I just think that gap from tier 1 to tier 2 is more obvious at LB than almost any other position in the draft this year maybe outside QB. 
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 12:37 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If it came down to taking the top ranked tackle on our board or White, I would lean towards the tackle.

Not opposed to drafting him, but we have such terrible talent on the right side of our line it's criminal.

I'm in this boat as well.

However, I'd happily take Bush as a consolation, if White is gone.

Both made a lot of money yesterday and there is great tape on both to support the workout numbers,
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote