Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On AJ Green Being Vocal!?
We all having breaking points. Looks like AJ Green has had his, with his multiple comments to the press about the team playing like, "Sh*t" and "Needing to get the superstars the ball." AJ Green has always been quiet, but seeing him vocal is definitely different.

What do you guys think? I understand his frustrations, but being who he is...and having Eifert/Ross out...I think this can possibly hurt him going forward. This adds a HUGE target to him, and I can't see him having a HUGE game like so many suggest. I mean, you literally have the media and everyone calling for a 200 yard game, and you saying I NEED the ball...isn't this recipe for disaster?

What do you guys think!? Just curious of everyone's opinion.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Good for him. When guys like AJ or Geno start speaking out you know it's a total train wreck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 03:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good for him. When guys like AJ or Geno start speaking out you know it's a total train wreck.

I agree. I just don't know if it helps or hinders.

Guess at this point, doesn't really matter.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I don't think he was that vocal. He had some frustration and spilled a little. He has always been classy and will continue to be. I dint think it will hurt him at all.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:19 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don't think he was that vocal. He had some frustration and spilled a little. He has always been classy and will continue to be. I dint think it will hurt him at all.

This and am fine with AJ saying it when needed. 

And it was needed. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 03:42 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I agree. I just don't know if it helps or hinders.

Guess at this point, doesn't really matter.

It definitely helps IMO. It's one thing for fans to complain, but when your own star players - who are quiet - start talking, then action usually follows.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:19 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don't think he was that vocal. He had some frustration and spilled a little. He has always been classy and will continue to be. I dint think it will hurt him at all.

Agree

(09-24-2017, 10:02 AM)Go Cards Wrote: This and am fine with AJ saying it when needed. 

And it was needed. 

And agree again,

And I don't think it will effect his play at all. In fact I'd lean towards it helping if anything !
Reply/Quote
Cancer!!! DIVA!!! Etc.
Reply/Quote
With Whit's departure, who is an offensive leader on this team?

Dalton isn't exactly an inspiring leader, Hill is kind of an afterthought, and we're fairly young on offense. So maybe AJ is stepping up to that role as our only true blue chip offensive player.
Reply/Quote
Good for him. It was past time for someone...anyone to scream for help.
Reply/Quote
I like it. When a guy like Green comes out being vocal, you know there's a problem. Hopefully his voice is heard. He is our best weapon on offense, period. He's a top 5 WR in the game and we should be getting him the ball regularly. There's no reason he shouldn't be getting 10 catches a game.
Reply/Quote
He'll be the next guy wanting out. The next in a long line. Same story, different day. I start wondering more and more why I care about any of this shit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 12:31 PM)McC Wrote: He'll be the next guy wanting out.  The next in a long line.  Same story, different day.  I start wondering more and more why I care about any of this shit.

Followed shortly thereafter by referring to himself as "Uno Ocho"   Twitch
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 01:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Followed shortly thereafter by referring to himself as "Uno Ocho"   Twitch

Hilarious
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I'm fine with it, even glad he's speaking up because hopefully his opinion carries real weight on this team. It's not like pacman bitching which is often 100% accurate but amounts to nothing as he does it week in and week out....at the same time it worries me, when a soft spoken guy like AJ finally lets his frustration show it could definitely mean he's close to the end of his rope, which this franchise always finds even in the most patient players. Things need to change soon or I wouldn't be surprised (and certainly couldn't blame him) to hear him say he wants out of Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 02:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I'm fine with it, even glad he's speaking up because hopefully his opinion carries real weight on this team. It's not like pacman bitching which is often 100% accurate but amounts to nothing as he does it week in and week out....at the same time it worries me, when a soft spoken guy like AJ finally lets his frustration show it could definitely mean he's close to the end of his rope, which this franchise always finds even in the most patient players. Things need to change soon or I wouldn't be surprised (and certainly couldn't blame him) to hear him say he wants out of Cincy.

Funny how this keeps happening over and over again, yet no one in the building thinks maybe somebody should do something about it.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 02:23 PM)McC Wrote: Funny how this keeps happening over and over again, yet no one in the building thinks maybe somebody should do something about it.

I'm sure Mike has Pete looking into it.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 02:23 PM)McC Wrote: Funny how this keeps happening over and over again, yet no one in the building thinks maybe somebody should do something about it.

And fans here still hold grudges against the players who did it, after wasting most of their best years on this franchise. I'll admit with the first couple I got a little upset but after a few years and when it continues to happen you eventually have to realize they may have a point and the problem is likely elsewhere... with AJ I almost hope he does get out so he can win a ring or 2 which he definitely deserves, he's a guy id happily root for anywhere. Not many guys like that left in the league 
Reply/Quote
Should have done it a long time ago, too little, too late.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 03:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Should have done it a long time ago, too little, too late.

I think his timing was good. He's not a complainer, but a contributor.

Reply/Quote