Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Ross and Who Would You Have Taken?
(04-28-2017, 09:25 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I can't believe the draft fell the way that it did. Obviously the Ross pick wasn't a surprise since Lapham had selected him and he is usually spot on or really close. I think Ross has a chance to be a difference maker on the field but the injuries scare me a lot. If healthy this guy improves the offense tremendously. With that said I would taken Jonathan Allen or Malik Hooker. I thought both guys were top 5 talents and if we were truly going to stick to "Best Player Available" I don't see how it wasn't one of these guys. Being an Ohio State I wanted Hooker the most but didn't think that was as much of an option as Allen would have been for this team since we have Iloka and Williams on long term contracts. That is my assessment and thoughts on what I would have done. Don't hate the pick of Ross but he better stay healthy after using a top 10 pick on him.

health was an issue with Allen after the tumble he went in the draft... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would have grabbed Allen
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
NATE!!!!! Where you at. I said if we got Mixon or Kamara I would fall in line with the Ross pick. I'm liking the way it's turning out even more so with Willis who I thought would be long gone.
Reply/Quote
Reuben Foster. Hands down the best player in the draft.

Not all that impressed with Ross
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
I think that one thing we should all learn at this point is that the NFL draft isn't going to be about just one player for the Bengals.

It's about a group of guys and a plan. I have done a complete 180 on the ROSS pick than I said before the draft.

Frankly, after seeing how the draft fell and what the Bengals did in the first 2 days: Ross, Mixon, Willis, + an additional 4th, I don't think there is one player I would have taken besides Ross at #9. Looking at the first 2 days, it was the perfect pick for the Bengals.

- DE? Nah. They got a very highly rated guy (late 1st round talent) in the 3rd.
- OL? Nah. Not at #9. They have lots of young OL on their roster and this is a crappy draft for OL. Maybe later.
- RB? Nah. They got who I think is the best RB talent in the draft.
- LB? Nah. Not at #9. They have several strong, young LBs on the roster already. Plus, they don't go 3 lbs very often
- CB? Nah. Nobody at #9 worth that. The draft is super deep at CB. Plenty still left and the Bengals have 3 4th rounders today. Just like with the DL spot, why take a guy in early when you can get a similar guy late?
- S? Nah. Nobody left at #9 better than Ross. Maybe Hooker, but they have 4 young Safeties who are on the come up. Hooker wouldn't be able to get on the field and would cause a salary cap logjam back there.
- DT? Nah. Nobody at DT that is was worth the #9.
- TE? Maybe? But the Bengals have stated that they want to resign Eifert who, when helathy, is the 2nd best TE in the league. Whether you disagree with resigning Eifert or not, I don't think that OJ Howard is much different than Jermain Gresham - who was just OK. Plus, they have 3 TEs, plus Hewitt already on the roster. I see Uzomah as a star in the making, plus this draft is loaded with TE talent. If they grab one later, I think that is the wiser move given the current roster makeup.

So that just leaves...
- WR? YES. With the #9 pick the Bengals got the best WR on the board. Special, unique, adds a major something they don't have. Perfect pick. A+
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:54 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I really think we transform our offense into a 40 plus passing attempts per game now.
w/ Mixon, Gio & Hill running the all we don't have to be pass heavy.....
but we HAVE TO SCORE MORE POINTS....
so whatever gets us there is ok by me...
our offense has to be better w/ Ross & Mixon....
now lets add some o-line help on day 3....
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:59 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Reuben Foster. Hands down the best player in the draft.

Not all that impressed with Ross

haha.....that's funny....
your high on a smallish LB w/ concussion problems & has mental problems/anger issues, leads w/ his head.....but don't like a super fast WR who can help us score more points....  Hilarious

I think in time you'll come around.... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Mixon is the steal in the draft. mark my words!

Ross if he can stay healthy will be a great addition to the offense as well.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote