Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts about quiet stadium
I watched a summer camp game last night on ESPN. I did not like the complete silence during the game. I also did not like seeing home runs rattle around empty seats. Part of the sports experience for me is watching the fans and their reactions. Heck, I find the fans sometimes more interesting than the game itself. Even a partial fan base in the stadium would help. Not sure how much of the Reds I can watch like this.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Just about every Reds game I've watched in the last 30 years have been in borderline silent ballparks.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
At least the “Wooooo” is silent. Be thankful for small blessings.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2020, 10:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: At least the “Wooooo” is silent. Be thankful for small blessings.

Thank God. I was tired of hearing it every Reds home game.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2020, 08:45 PM)jason Wrote: Just about every Reds game I've watched in the last 30 years have been in borderline silent ballparks.

30 years is a bit of an exaggeration, but I attended a few Braves games in Turner field in the early eighties when you could hear fans talking 50 feet away.  We would buy the cheapest ticket and then go sit a few rows from the field.  They had picnic tables right next to the field.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 01:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 30 years is a bit of an exaggeration, but I attended a few Braves games in Turner field in the early eights when you could her fans talking 50 feet away.  We would buy the cheapest ticket and hen go sit a few rows from the field.  They had picnic tables right next to the field.

Paraphrasing a Skip Carey call from a game in the 80s
"And the count is now even with one ball and one strike . . . *pause* . . . That cheering you might hear in the background has nothing to do with what The Brah-voes have done on the field. A rather attractive young lady has made her way to get some popcorn, curveball low, 2-1".

Old joke told by Bulls announcers about Bulls games before Jordan.
"In the days before Michael, Ticket Agents would get calls asking 'Do you have 12 seats grouped together for tomorrow's game?'
'12 SEATS!! Yes! we can get you court side, upper level or in the beer garden!'
'Courtside would be great. A group from our church is going so we wouldn't need the beer garden. When does the game start?
'When can you get here?'
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I watched the games on ESPN tonight. They were a little better because they mattered. I just wish the BLM stuff was left out. Now every major sport is doing it.
Reply/Quote