Thoughts, comments, concerns?
Hayden Winks (@HaydenWinks) tweeted out last night:

"Chiefs starting OL for the Super Bowl:

LT Remmers (0 LT snaps since '16)
LG Alllegretti (7th Rounder)
C Reiter (7th Rounder)
RG Wisniewski (cut by PIT in Nov.)
RT Wiley (a UDFA guard)"

Call me crazy, but I feel like Cincy could never get this lucky. Who can KC give credit to? Obviously some to their OL coach, but is it Mahomes/Reid and that offense or what? Makes me sick...
"Even Jesus hates the Steelers." - Jesus
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 10:16 AM)winthedey0 Wrote: Hayden Winks (@HaydenWinks) tweeted out last night:

"Chiefs starting OL for the Super Bowl:

LT Remmers (0 LT snaps since '16)
LG Alllegretti (7th Rounder)
C Reiter (7th Rounder)
RG Wisniewski (cut by PIT in Nov.)
RT Wiley (a UDFA guard)"

Call me crazy, but I feel like Cincy could never get this lucky. Who can KC give credit to? Obviously some to their OL coach, but is it Mahomes/Reid and that offense or what? Makes me sick...

I would assume that credit would be given to scouts and GM. Then the Oline coach who brought them together with coaching...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They were all upset that a guard named Fisher got injured near the end of last night's game, but they will probably figure out a way to shuffle things around to be okay for the Super Bowl. Kansas City has better ownership and front office people (I think) than the Bengals and that has trickled down to all kinds of good draft decisions and other personnel decisions.

From 2011 through 2015, when the Bengals were going well the Chiefs were in a similar down period that the Bengals are in now. They got the right head coach, the right offensive coordinator, drafted Patrick, all those offensive speed demons, and now unless something crazy happens, are set to be a Patriot-ish dynasty for the next 10 years.
Reply/Quote
Fisher is the LT not a Guard. And the difference here is these guys all played in quality programs where they were properly coached up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mahomes makes up for a lot
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Coaching is critical on the O line.
The Steelers line sucked. They brought in Mike Munchak and quickly had one of the best O lines in the league. Munchak leaves and 2 years later, with pretty much the same guys that he coached, cannot run block to save their lives.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 02:42 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: They were all upset that a guard named Fisher got injured near the end of last night's game, but they will probably figure out a way to shuffle things around to be okay for the Super Bowl. Kansas City has better ownership and front office people (I think) than the Bengals and that has trickled down to all kinds of good draft decisions and other personnel decisions.

From 2011 through 2015, when the Bengals were going well the Chiefs were in a similar down period that the Bengals are in now. They got the right head coach, the right offensive coordinator, drafted Patrick, all those offensive speed demons, and now unless something crazy happens, are set to be a Patriot-ish dynasty for the next 10 years.

all started with the right head coach....   doing things the right way. 
Reply/Quote