Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts from Lap on LB, O-line, free agency
He was on with Lance and had this to say:

He think Cordy is done as a Bengal, but thinks he'll be released instead of traded.

Thinks Johnson could wind up being the starting RT, with Hart being the swing guy.

Says they need to sign 2 FA linebackers and then draft 2 as well.

Feels they have to 'throw the fans a bone' in free agency, even if they have to overpay.
Reply/Quote
Linebacker is a free agency need for sure. This is a very week draft for them. I would rather pick up a couple free agents and look to the draft next year for a linebacker.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
LB is our weakest area I think you have to draft a lb in first 3 rounds for sure.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 04:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He was on with Lance and had this to say:

He think Cordy is done as a Bengal, but thinks he'll be released instead of traded.

Thinks Johnson could wind up being the starting RT, with Hart being the swing guy.

Feels they have to 'throw the fans a bone' in free agency, even if they have to overpay.

"Throw the fans a bone"??? Are you ******** serious.

It's not throwing us a bone, it's operating a franchise the way the modern NFL demands.

Wow, just wow. 
Reply/Quote
LB is a weak position this year in Free Agency unfortunately as of now, however maybe a surprise cut or two comes up. A guy like Joe Schobert or Corey Littleton may be the best available options.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 05:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: "Throw the fans a bone"??? Are you ******** serious.

It's not throwing us a bone, it's operating a franchise the way the modern NFL demands.

Wow, just wow. 

He said the fans are hungry and the Bengals need to prove they're serious about fixing the roster.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 05:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He said the fans are hungry and the Bengals need to prove they're serious about fixing the roster.

The fans opinion shouldn't really be a factor if they believe they are doing what is best for the team.. right? 

I don't like the idea that the only reason they are going to go harder in FA is because fan attendance was at an all time low. They try to win us back by 'throwing us a bone' and then go back to their old ways.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 05:18 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The fans opinion shouldn't really be a factor if they believe they are doing what is best for the team.. right? 

I don't like the idea that the only reason they are going to go harder in FA is because fan attendance was at an all time low. They try to win us back by 'throwing us a bone' and then go back to their old ways.

Yeah, I agree with that. They should be doing everything they can, every single year, to get better. All we have to do is look at this past offseason - one of the laziest I've ever seen - to know that they're not always trying their hardest.
Reply/Quote
Was let go today by the bears. Previously the o line coach at Notre Dame with several very good lineman in the nfl. Be nice to see us kick the tires on him. Him, callahan, there has to be better options than Turner
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 05:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: LB is a weak position this year in Free Agency unfortunately as of now, however maybe a surprise cut or two comes up. A guy like Joe Schobert or Corey Littleton may be the best available options.

Yeah I was thinking please throw us a bone by signing a guy like Littleton. Schobert same thing. Either one of these guys could be massive upgrades.

Throw the bone Mike Brown!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 05:30 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Was let go today by the bears. Previously the o line coach at Notre Dame with several very good lineman in the nfl. Be nice to see us kick the tires on him. Him, callahan, there has to be better options than Turner

i'm pretty sure he doesn't have tires unless your talking about kicking the tires on his vehicle and if that's the case its really uncalled for.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
We've been throwing them green bones for decades. We definitely need more explosive players at linebacker. We need more football speed. Players that actually can run away from defenders on offense.
Ross's actual "football speed" is questionable? Unfortunately, his underwear speed is terrific!
Reply/Quote
I agree with Lap that Johnson could be our RT next year. He has shown a lot of promise and seems to have a real upside.

If that's the case, then it's Jonah and Johnson at the tackles, with Hopkins locked in at C. So what direction do we go at guard?

Do we roll with Jordan and Miller again next year? Try moving Hart to G? Sign or draft someone else to come in and start?
Reply/Quote
Throw the fans a bone..with a nick nack paddywhacker.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I would stick with Turner , the line played better down the stretch and 3 Ol coaches in 3 years not good for team..
Give him the 1st rounder on Off. With 3 to 4 starters at same position under same system is a good thing especially with a rookie QB most likely at the helm
Reply/Quote
Turner is the Brutus Beefcake to ZT's Hulk Hogan, so good luck replacing him.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 05:35 PM)Okeana Wrote: i'm pretty sure he doesn't have tires unless your talking about kicking the tires on his vehicle and if that's the case its really uncalled for.

Looks like a spare tire on him to me...

[Image: 5944158-907x720.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
We only need 1 linebacker. We only use 2 most of the time.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 05:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I agree with Lap that Johnson could be our RT next year. He has shown a lot of promise and seems to have a real upside.

If that's the case, then it's Jonah and Johnson at the tackles, with Hopkins locked in at C. So what direction do we go at guard?

Do we roll with Jordan and Miller again next year? Try moving Hart to G? Sign or draft someone else to come in and start?

Jordan at LG and Price at RG.   Start Price at RG in training camp, let him process this offseason not being Center (which he was better at G at tOSU anyways) and I think it'll be just fine.  This year we simply kept losing people and putting people everywhere.  

I believe I've also read that Price wasn't healthy this year, so that may be why they just sat him.  
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 04:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He was on with Lance and had this to say:

We aint dogs like up in cleveland... Tigers eat Steaks....   We want steak in Free agency.
Reply/Quote