Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Ben Cleveland?
Curious what folks think of this kid? I never see him mentioned as an option for us even though IOL is a huge need. I’ve seen a little bit of him at Georgia, but wasn’t focused solely on him at the time. Could he be a good option for us in 3rd or 4th? Would he be a good scheme fit for Pollack? It sounds like he’s not one of the top guards coming out, but has a pretty high floor.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Curious what folks think of this kid? I never see him mentioned as an option for us even though IOL is a huge need. I’ve seen a little bit of him at Georgia, but wasn’t focused solely on him at the time. Could he be a good option for us in 3rd or 4th? Would he be a good scheme fit for Pollack? It sounds like he’s not one of the top guards coming out, but has a pretty high floor.

He's pretty solid but I like David Moore in the 4th or 5th a little better.

Here is SI.com's current guard rankings

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/2021-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-offensive-guard
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 02:20 AM)pulses Wrote: He's pretty solid but I like David Moore in the 4th or 5th a little better.

Here is SI.com's current guard rankings

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/2021-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-offensive-guard

Interesting that they have Slater as a G...

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Curious what folks think of this kid? I never see him mentioned as an option for us even though IOL is a huge need. I’ve seen a little bit of him at Georgia, but wasn’t focused solely on him at the time. Could he be a good option for us in 3rd or 4th? Would he be a good scheme fit for Pollack? It sounds like he’s not one of the top guards coming out, but has a pretty high floor.

He is one of the best pass blocking guards in the class. According to PFF, he gave up 0 sacks and 12 pressures and 1 QB hit in 506 snaps in the SEC the last 2 seasons. I think the issue with him is he doesn't have the mobility to play in a wide zone blocking scheme . He is more of a power downhill guy. A Titans type of guard. 
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 03:16 AM)SErebel11 Wrote: He is one of the best pass blocking guards in the class. According to PFF, he gave up 0 sacks and 12 pressures and 1 QB hit in 506 snaps in the SEC the last 2 seasons. I think the issue with him is he doesn't have the mobility to play in a wide zone blocking scheme . He is more of a power downhill guy. A Titans type of guard. 

Ah ok. Thanks. This is the type of info I was looking for. I was just wondering if he might be a nice day 3 target for us. The last mid round OG we took out of Georgia worked out pretty well...

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 03:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Interesting that they have Slater as a G...

Slater will be a stud OG in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Cleveland is a very strong guy, but doesn't move very well; think Will Hernandez, Stenberg or Warford.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Not sure he's a good scheme fit for us.

For a zone scheme the better fits on O-line (and I've widened it out from merely guard) would seem to be

1st rounders
Sewell/Darrisaw/Slater/Vera-Tucker, maybe Davis, Jalen Mayfield

2nd round
Samuel Cosmi

3rd round
James Hudson 
Walker Little

Spencer Brown
Josh Myers

4th round and beyond 
Robert Hainsey
David Moore
Josh Ball
Jack Anderson
Dan Moore Jr
Bryce Hargrove
Adrian Ealy
Jaylon Moore
Cordell Volson
Drew Dalman
Jimmy Morrissey
Ryan McCollum
Royce Newman

That's not so say that they wouldn't take someone who was less good of a scheme fit - only that scheme fit means other teams are likely to value them slightly higher than the Bengals.s
Reply/Quote
Talk of him breaking the Bench Press record ended at 30 reps
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Terrible first and last name combo.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 03:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Talk of him breaking the Bench Press record ended at 30 reps

He literally performed opposite of every single thing I read; he ran well and he did decently on BP, as opposed to being a lead weight and all-world strong.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
DAAAAAMMMMNNN 4.85 40 at 343lbs? He is going early.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 04:42 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Terrible first and last name combo.

Epic observation with humor LMAO!!! Hilarious

Still would be for this guy though as he is athletic and extremely strong. A little like Meinerz but from a big school.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 12:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Cleveland is a very strong guy, but doesn't move very well; think Will Hernandez, Stenberg or Warford.

If he's Warfod when Warford was healthy, then you jump all over that shit.  
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:13 AM)samhain Wrote: If he's Warfod when Warford was healthy, then you jump all over that shit.  

He's not warford. Cleveland belongs in a power scheme where he can maul.
Reply/Quote

If we are going to draft projects, i prefer not to be at a position of need like Oline.. im guessing you prefer no projects at WR correct?  I want a pencil in starter at guard if we are drafting them.. From everything i have read Cleveland is projected as a project... 
Reply/Quote