Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Thoughts on Dre K ?
(12-15-2015, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who do you see replacing him?

Shaw?

Hill?

Or do you keep both of the older guys in Hall and Jones?

Dennard.
Reply/Quote
The problem is not who we start at CB but rather that we lack depth in the secondary. Once Dennard went down it meant any other injury was going to force late round inexperienced players onto the field. LB is a draft priority as are CB and S (to reload the cupboard).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 03:15 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Dennard.

So who are our 3 starting CBs next year?
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 03:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He doesn't look that good to be honest, he gets beat easily, and commits a ton of penalties. 

This is not true at all.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He doesn't get burt that much.

Every CB in the league gets burnt at times.  Unless you want to pay $10+ million a year for a top 5 CB to replace Kirkpatrick then you are going to see our DBs ive up some deep completions.

He probably doesn't get burnt as much as you think because he's always 5 yards off the ball, missing a tackle in the process. 

Just like we give Hill a pass (I guess) because he doesn't have blazing acceleration like GIo does, because his body is bigger - Dre should be performing better.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He has struggled numerous times, but he's also not as bad as people say/think. I think his biggest issue is he doesn't read the quarterback and mostly plays the receiver. If he would turn his head he's in position to make a play on the ball plenty of times.

You have to remember, this is his first FULL NFL season. Cornerbacks struggle coming into the league. Peterson and Sherman both struggled early on. It takes time. Cornerback is the hardest transition from college to the NFL.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 03:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not true at all.

You might be wrong.  He has the second most penalties in the league among DB's and the fourth most overall this season.

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties-player.html
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 04:24 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He probably doesn't get burnt as much as you think because he's always 5 yards off the ball, missing a tackle in the process. 

Just like we give Hill a pass (I guess) because he doesn't have blazing acceleration like GIo does, because his body is bigger - Dre should be performing better.

He doesn't get burned that much because he's not that bad. 
penalties have been his killer this year. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 04:26 PM)PApinhead Wrote: You might be wrong.  He has the second most penalties in the league among DB's and the fourth most overall this season.

(12-15-2015, 04:26 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He doesn't get burned that much because he's not that bad. 

Yep. Penalties have basically been his biggest weakness all season long.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 03:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not true at all.

From what I have watched yes..
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 04:26 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He doesn't get burned that much because he's not that bad. 

Huh? Causing penalties, especially at his position, is an indicator of just how bad he is.

If Andre Smith held 2 times a game ,would you say he's not that bad? 

Easy to not get burned when you're causing penalties. 
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 04:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Huh? Causing penalties, especially at his position, is an indicator of just how bad he is.

If Andre Smith held 2 times a game ,would you say he's not that bad? 

Problem is, half his penalties have been "reputation calls"
Where he didn't actually do anything but it looked like he might have so they flagged it. 

If he learns to hide his hands a little better, it'd be a non-issue
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 04:41 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: From what I have watched yes..

Then you don't watch many other NFL games.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 04:24 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He probably doesn't get burnt as much as you think because he's always 5 yards off the ball, missing a tackle in the process. 

No.  He doesn't get burnt that much because he is not that bad.

I have posted the numbers on the Bengals pass defense this year (number one in league in fewest 20 yard completions, 4th fewest td passes allowed. 4th fewest 40 yards completions allowed, 5th best pass efficiency rating).  Those numbers would not be possible if Kirkpatrick was so easy to beat and could not tackle
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 04:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then you don't watch many other NFL games.

why'd you ignore the link with the numbers fred? 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 04:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Huh? Causing penalties, especially at his position, is an indicator of just how bad he is.

Do you also think Aquib Talib is a bad CB?

How about Patrick Peterson last year?

Both of those guys have as many "coverage" penalties as Kirkpatrick.  Does that mean they can't cover either?
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 04:55 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: why'd you ignore the link with the numbers fred? 

What link?

Seems to me that everyone who is claiming Dre is so "easy to burn" are the ones ignoring that numbers I post.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 05:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What link?

Seems to me that everyone who is claiming Dre is so "easy to burn" are the ones ignoring that numbers I post.

In regards to the penalties fred.

He's highly penalized. This is fact. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 05:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: In regards to the penalties fred.

He's highly penalized. This is fact. 

But that does not mean he is "easy to beat" or "can't tackle".

Talib has almost as many "coverage" penalties this year (5) as Kirkpatrick does (7).  And last year Patrick Peterson had more than either of them (9).

That doresn't mean they can't cover or tackle.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 05:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But that does not mean he is "easy to beat" or "can't tackle".

Talib has almost as many "coverage" penalties this year (5) as Kirkpatrick does (7).  And last year Patrick Peterson had more than either of them (9).

That doresn't mean they can't cover or tackle.

Sure but you can't claim that something said is "not true at all" when it is in fact, partially true
Reply/Quote