Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on The Rock opening the game
I must be old because to me this was an embarrassment for the NFL, yet the comments on this video are largely positive. 

IMO this was absolutely pathetic and cringey. And the longer it went on, the worse it got. At our party an awkward silence fell through the room and we all kind of kept side-eyeing each other to see if this was really happening and if anyone was enjoying it. No one did. 

I'd imagine the players had thinking 'just shut the **** up and lets kickoff' as they stood around waiting for this embarrassingly useless waste of time to finish. 

But then again, Im old af 

Reply/Quote
the lets get ready to rumble guy was too expensive

as someone who grew up watching the Rock during the Attitude era... Hes a great hype man
Reply/Quote
It's L.A. Of course they're going to milk it. What did you expect?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
What always got me about THE ROCKS story was his dad Rocky Johnson was more buffed out than he is.

The guy is great at what he does, like his stuff.

https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery_img_l/public/photo/image/2008/02/6397196.jpg

Story goes he sparred with Cassius Clay yep...?
Reply/Quote
I thought it was incredibly corny. I also think the Rock has morphed from slightly funny (often unintentionally so) actor to me scratching my head wondering why he is somehow involved in EVERYTHING.

Rock is a dude who is best in small doses. But I guess this opinion makes me a grumpy old fart. Or something.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 09:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I thought it was incredibly corny. I also think the Rock has morphed from slightly funny (often unintentionally so) actor to me scratching my head wondering why he is somehow involved in EVERYTHING.

Rock is a dude who is best in small doses. But I guess this opinion makes me a grumpy old fart. Or something.

This my friend is called over saturation and both Dwayne Johnson & Kevin Hart are in that zone.

Not bad guys or void of talent, but teetering on annoyance because of seeing them way too much.

LeBron is also in this conversation.

Ease up there fellas.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Rock opening the Super Bowl.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9581035]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 10:13 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This my friend is called over saturation and both Dwayne Johnson & Kevin Hart are in that zone.

Not bad guys or void of talent, but teetering on annoyance because of seeing them way too much.

LeBron is also in this conversation.

Ease up there fellas.

Tbh I like Rock and Hart...but like you said, it's just too much lately.

I like frosted mini wheats, too, but if I have 2 bowls every day, probably not so much. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
At least he didn’t try to sing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh I like Rock and Hart...but like you said, it's just too much lately.

I like frosted mini wheats, too, but if I have 2 bowls every day, probably not so much. LOL

I'm feeling the same way about Seth Rogen lately. He or his voice keep showing up everywhere and he's always the exact same character even if it's animated. Love him, just kind of sick of him. 

The Rock was super corny. I had that same feeling during a lot of the commercials too. Cringe....
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 01:07 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I'm feeling the same way about Seth Rogen lately. He or his voice keep showing up everywhere and he's always the exact same character even if it's animated. Love him, just kind of sick of him. 

The Rock was super corny. I had that same feeling during a lot of the commercials too. Cringe....

Wish I could agree on Seth.

To me, he's the biggest waste of a funny face I've ever seen.

Will Farrell looks like he'd be funny, and he is.

Seth looks like he'd be funny, but his personality is as bland as fiber one cereal.
Reply/Quote