Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on contract extensions.
(06-27-2021, 10:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Remember a LOT of players did one year "bet on yourself" deals with the cap dropping based on the knowledge that the 2022 cap would skyrocket, so they would be better positioned to cash in if they play well. So Reiff and Ogunjobi are unlikely to sign extensions and the same logic applies to Spain.

Given that we need to try to extend players who are likely to want to extend with the upcoming cap bonanza. I suspect this means Bates will need a huge deal. Hubbard should be cheaper. Reiff and Ogunjobi will not necessarily want to extend when they did one year deals to (as said above) bet on themselves unless those deals are sweetened.

While this makes sense, listening to Reiff he just loves it here. Loves Joe, Sam, the coaches, namely Pollack etc.

I expect an extension of Riley Reiff if he plays well. Really like Reiff, dude just fits and if we win a lot of games like I expect all
this shit goes right out the window with LO and Spain. Bates should be signed same with Hubbard though, we can do this and I 
believe both players are right on the cusp of blowing up.
Reply/Quote