Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on drive home yesterday
A few days ago I read someone post on profootballtalk that good quarterbacks don't throw the ball out of bounds on 4th and 3, referring to Andy Dalton. I think they were talking about week 1 or 2 vs the Ravens/Texans when the offense just stunk. I saw Dalton make some throws that a high qb wouldn't make. Do any of you think that maybe Marvin or someone else within the organization told Andy to sabotage the games in order to get Zampese fired? Seemed like right after Ken Z was gone, Dalton was normal again (closer to it).

Sorry, this is an old topic.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 03:43 PM)jorev5 Wrote: A few days ago I read someone post on profootballtalk that good quarterbacks don't throw the ball out of bounds on 4th and 3, referring to Andy Dalton.  I think they were talking about week 1 or 2 vs the Ravens/Texans when the offense just stunk.  I saw Dalton make some throws that a high qb wouldn't make. Do any of you think that maybe Marvin or someone else within the organization told Andy to sabotage the games in order to get Zampese fired?  Seemed like right after Ken Z was gone, Dalton was normal again (closer to it).  

Sorry, this is an old topic.

No, I do not think anyone told Dalton to sabotage games.  But I do believe Dalton was simply frustrated with Zampese's game plans and I think he and AJ Green expressed such openly.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I dont think there was a plot. Frustration maybe, but no plot.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was against the Steelers when Lazor was the OC.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 04:45 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It was against the Steelers when Lazor was the OC.

Correct.

Quite frankly, an inexcusable play by Dalton. I'm hopeful that he's learned from it
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 05:32 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Correct.

Quite frankly, an inexcusable play by Dalton. I'm hopeful that he's learned from it

Yeah that whole game was an embarrassing mess. He threw the ball out of bounds on a must have play and to make things look more pathetic we got into victory formation at the end and took knees like we won the game it was embarrassing. I remember even the announcer questioning those decisions. To make matters worse Mixon was looking good the 1st half and then inexcusably never touched the ball once in the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 05:46 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Yeah that whole game was an embarrassing mess. He threw the ball out of bounds on a must have play and to make things look more pathetic we got into victory formation at the end and took knees like we won the game it was embarrassing. I remember even the announcer questioning those decisions. To make matters worse Mixon was looking good the 1st half and then inexcusably never touched the ball once in the 2nd half.

I nearly forgot about that... Nearly  Mad

Seriously though, what the **** was that about? Did we ever find out if Mixon was hurt or something? Sorry if the answer is common knowledge, but I took that following week off from anything Bengal related. It really seemed like they threw that one particular game. 
Reply/Quote
No plot. A lot of frustration though. Something Dalton and Green both expressed. I think it came through in their play too. AJ even said that was his worst year and he was upset with himself. I think the offense didn't believe in the offense installed. I can't blame them. Nothing worked.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote