Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on this mock?
Cody Ford at 11, Mack Wilson at 42, and an interesting gamble at 72.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/30/2019-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-7-round-mock-will-grier/

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
DONE!! That would be my dream 2 RD picks!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 12:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: DONE!!  That would be my dream 2 RD picks!!!!!!

Doesn't seem too bad to me either.  If you can get a guy like Grier in the 3rd, why not?  Dig the 1st two picks as well.

Reply/Quote
Uh isn’t Mack Wilson going back to bama a year

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not one but two Mountaineers and Cody Ford. I can get behind this mock lol.

Side note on Will Grier. He went into the Senior Bowl with one huge question mark Arm strength. He had the strongest arm of the week and out of the last 2 years.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Nm he declared yes he’s a a great olb. I would mind devin white and mack Miller

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 12:59 PM)Okeana Wrote: Uh isn’t Mack Wilson going back to bama a year

I don't know, is he?  This article was written this morning.  I haven't read anything on his declaration.

I'd also note that I'd be down for the kid from Wazzou at QB in the 3rd or so.....

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 01:01 PM)Synric Wrote: Not one but two Mountaineers and Cody Ford. I can get behind this mock lol.

Side note on Will Grier. He went into the Senior Bowl with one huge question mark Arm strength. He had the strongest arm of the week and out of the last 2 years.

Yes, he had some zip.  How about that WR?  I only watched a few 'eers games this year.

(01-30-2019, 01:02 PM)Okeana Wrote: Nm he declared yes he’s a a great olb.  I would mind devin white and mack Miller

White and Miller would be awesome. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 01:02 PM)Okeana Wrote: Nm he declared yes he’s a a great olb.  I would mind devin white and mack Miller

I'd love to get White at #11, but I just don't think he will be there. To be honest, not sure Wilson will there in Rd2 either. If not, then IMO, I'd grab another O-lineman to play at RG. 
Reply/Quote
Ford seems to be gaining some steam, I'm on board. Wilson at 42, check as well. It starts falling apart a little from there on. I think we have to take another Olineman for instance guard probably. But a lot depends on free agency so.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 01:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ford seems to be gaining some steam, I'm on board. Wilson at 42, check as well. It starts falling apart a little from there on. I think we have to take another Olineman for instance guard probably. But a lot depends on free agency so.

This is key.....especially in this guy's scenario.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 01:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't know, is he?  This article was written this morning.  I haven't read anything on his declaration.

I'd also note that I'd be down for the kid from Wazzou at QB in the 3rd or so.....

The "stash"! I would have my reservations about Minshew. I think he fitted Mike Leach's offensive scheme and to my knowledge that system hasn't really produced well in the NFL. Not saying he couldn't do it, but I wouldn't take that gamble with RD3 pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 01:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, he had some zip.  How about that WR?  I only watched a few 'eers games this year.

Jennings caught alot of balls at WV he has great hands and is physical. His biggest question mark is speed but everyone noted he looked alot faster at the Senior Bowl. Without combine numbers I'd say 6th round is good value for Jennings.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 01:11 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The "stash"! I would have my reservations about Minshew. I think he fitted Mike Leach's offensive scheme and to my knowledge that system hasn't really produced well in the NFL. Not saying he couldn't do it, but I wouldn't take that gamble with RD3 pick.

The Air Raid.....there are some elements of it making it to the pros now a days.....but historically, no.  Minshew might make a good 4th?  It would be an interesting developmental pick I think.  Probably better than Driskel.

(01-30-2019, 01:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Jennings caught alot of balls at WV he has great hands and is physical. His biggest question mark is speed but everyone noted he looked alot faster at the Senior Bowl. Without combine numbers I'd say 6th round is good value for Jennings.

Good possession type receiver?

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 01:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is key.....especially in this guy's scenario.

Yep, we got out and get a top shelf OG and LBer it will free up the draft a lot. Not some going into there 12th season has been's.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 01:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: Good possession type receiver?

Honestly I dont know. 

In 2017 he caught 97 balls 11 yards average and only 1 TD I would have called him a possession guy then. In 2018 he only caught 54 calls but at a 17 yard average and 13 TDs. That's a pretty big contrast lol.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 01:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Honestly I dont know. 

In 2017 he caught 97 balls 11 yards average and only 1 TD I would have called him a possession guy then. In 2018 he only caught 54 calls but at a 17 yard average and 13 TDs. That's a pretty big contrast lol.

Shocked No doubt!

Reply/Quote
Gary Jennings
WR
West Virginia
Sr
6'1
Plays fast, having the speed to take the top off of defenses.
Sr. Bowl

Site I follow lists Jennings as a speed guy. Ranked 175 overall
Reply/Quote
I'm out on Grier, while his velocity was up at the Senior Bowl his accuracy and decision making were bad. In game there were a couple throws where he basically chucked it down field while falling away avoiding getting hit, one went out of bounds luckily and the other Renfrow ran between three defenders waiting for the ball and stole it, essentially bailing him out. I just don't see an NFL QB in him so to me I'd rather take Tyree Jackson knowing he is a project with a potentially higher ceiling or even a guy like Ryan Finley who I think can be a 10 year solid back up in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Assuming that they do at least a fair job adding veterans in free agency, I think that would be damn good draft. Love those 1st two picks, and giving Grier a year or two to develop could work out well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote