Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Threads From The Enemy: Texans Edition
Decided to take a look at the Texans message board thread about the game on Sunday.

On their official board, most people are predicting us to win, although someone posted that they have a chance if Chase doesn't play.

Stroud throws for 470 and 5 TDs last week and they still don't have faith that they can beat us, but that might be because Baker Mayfield put up 37 points on them and Burrow's a lot better than he is.

One poster hopes that we'll be looking ahead to Baltimore, but I think this team has too much character to be looking ahead to the Ravens.

I think we come out firing at home and just hand them their asses.

I'll look at more message boards in a bit but I need to roll down to the pizza place and get some wings before I go out to blow kisses because it's in the upper 70s in Cincy today!
Reply/Quote
Realistic bunch. Nothing like the Bills thread lol
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Quote:
Quote:My thoughts exactly.

Bengals are a seasoned team, whilst our Texans are still in rebuild mode.
If Texans can put together another strong off season, I expect them to be a playoff team next year.
I hope Cap has been working on getting this mindset out of the locker room... out of the organization. We're definitely in the have to see it to believe it seat, so I'm not arguing with your take.

But if the Texans believe they can win, I think we're going to win. & I think the Texans believe they're going to win.

I found this post very fascinating.

He is basically saying he hopes the leadership of the Texans gets rid of anyone who might have realistic expectations for their team (or at least admits to them), and that the only way the Texans can lose this game is if they didn't believe in themselves enough.

What a world this person must live in where all it takes to succeed is effort and confidence. I'd love to move to that reality.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 06:15 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Realistic bunch. Nothing like the Bills thread lol

Idk how Josh Allen got the respect he gets. He hasn’t won ANY super meaningful games and he’s often the reason those teams lose.

I remember someone saying this one time and it rang true to me

Josh Allen gets the same respect for losing to KC that Joe Burrow had to get to a Super Bowl to get. ITS INSANE

It’s blatantly obvious Von Miller was the only reason they were ever elite. And I’ll believe that even if the Bills mess around and win 10 straight
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 06:22 PM)Housh Wrote: Idk how Josh Allen got the respect he gets. He hasn’t won ANY super meaningful games and he’s often the reason those teams lose.

Josh Allen gets the same respect for losing to KC that Joe Burrow had to get to a Super Bowl to get. ITS INSANE

It’s blatantly obvious Von Miller was the only reason they were ever elite. And I’ll believe that even if the Bills mess around and win 10 straight

Agreed. He’s very good with his legs and has a very string arm, but there is way more to being a QB. He wasn’t all that his first couple years in the league, certainly nowhere near Joe’s Super Bowl appearance followed by AFC Championship game.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 06:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I found this post very fascinating.

He is basically saying he hopes the leadership of the Texans gets rid of anyone who might have realistic expectations for their team (or at least admits to them), and that the only way the Texans can lose this game is if they didn't believe in themselves enough.

What a world this person must live in where all it takes to succeed is effort and confidence. I'd love to move to that reality.

Kind of runs into a logic trap if you tell him the Bengals believe they will win.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 09:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Agreed. He’s very good with his legs and has a very string arm, but there is way more to being a QB. He wasn’t all that his first couple years in the league, certainly nowhere near Joe’s Super Bowl appearance followed by AFC Championship game.

Among active QBs, Joe Burrow is tied for the 2nd highest win percentage in the playoffs, at 5-2. He is only behind Patrick Mahomes, who is 11-3 and he's tied with Jimmy Garoppolo, who is also 5-2. Big difference is Burrow's playoff QB rating is 93.8, whereas Garoppolo's is 74.1. 

Josh Allen is 4-4, but he also has the 3rd highest QB rating in the playoffs, 99.6, behind only Brock Purdy and Patrick Mahomes. And Purdy is a super small sample size, essentially 2 games.

So it's hard to say he hasn't performed well enough to be considered elite. The Chiefs Bills Divisional playoff game is a legend all in itself. I think Allen's team and coaching has mostly let him down.

For me, when the Bengals play the Bills, I LOVE it when they hand the ball off. It's usually a free down gone and they usually only gain 2 or 3 yards. I'll take that over an Allen pass or run any day of the week, as a fan of the team they're playing.

His team needs to step up around him and stop relying on him to be Superman every single play just to stay competitive.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 09:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Kind of runs into a logic trap if you tell him the Bengals believe they will win.

He'd probably just say only the Texans have this magical ability Tongue
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 05:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Decided to take a look at the Texans message board thread about the game on Sunday.

On their official board, most people are predicting us to win, although someone posted that they have a chance if Chase doesn't play.

Stroud throws for 470 and 5 TDs last week and they still don't have faith that they can beat us, but that might be because Johnny Football put up 37 points on them and Burrow's a lot better than he is.

One poster hopes that we'll be looking ahead to Baltimore, but I think this team has too much character to be looking ahead to the Ravens.

I think we come out firing at home and just hand them their asses.

I'll look at more message boards in a bit but I need to roll down to the pizza place and get some wings before I go out to blow kisses because it's in the upper 70s in Cincy today!

Thanks for posting, Brad. However, Johnny Football has been out of the NFL for over eight years now. The Bucs QB is Baker Mayfield. 
Reply/Quote
IMO the Stroud hype train is a wee bit over blown.

He had a great game last week, but he's been inconsistent this year. The two games before that against inferior opposition he had pretty pedestrian games. He's a rookie though so inconsistency is going to be a real thing.

Sorry, but I'm just not shaking in my boots over CJ Stroud like many are...especially with our defense.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 06:22 PM)Housh Wrote: Idk how Josh Allen got the respect he gets. He hasn’t won ANY super meaningful games and he’s often the reason those teams lose.

I've been Josh Allen's biggest hater since he entered the league. I think he is SO overrated. He's careless with the football and leads the league in turnovers every year. Everyone wants to look past that. 

His only saving grace are his legs. If it weren't for his ability to run he'd be Jameis Winston. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 12:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've been Josh Allen's biggest hater since he entered the league. I think he is SO overrated. He's careless with the football and leads the league in turnovers every year. Everyone wants to look past that. 

His only saving grace are his legs. If it weren't for his ability to run he'd be Jameis Winston. 

Basically, this applies to Lamar Jackson as well (minus the turnovers)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 01:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Basically, this applies to Lamar Jackson as well (minus the turnovers)

Lamar is so good in the pocket. He's almost impossible to sack. He can make guys miss with a simple side step, it's so damn frustrating to play against. He has absolute elite athleticism, Allen does't have that...he's a truck. 

I think Allen is def more careless than Lamar. Allen throws a better deep ball, Lamar struggles at times with deep ball accuracy. Of course Lamar is always prone to injury as well. 

I don't really believe in either of them to be honest. I do find Lamar more dangerous, though. I'd rather play Allen. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 12:09 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Thanks for posting, Brad. However, Johnny Football has been out of the NFL for over eight years now. The Bucs QB is Baker Mayfield. 

Good catch lol

I always get those clowns confused! lol
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 01:12 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Lamar is so good in the pocket. He's almost impossible to sack. He can make guys miss with a simple side step, it's so damn frustrating to play against. He has absolute elite athleticism, Allen does't have that...he's a truck. 

I think Allen is def more careless than Lamar. Allen throws a better deep ball, Lamar struggles at times with deep ball accuracy. Of course Lamar is always prone to injury as well. 

I don't really believe in either of them to be honest. I do find Lamar more dangerous, though. I'd rather play Allen. 

Allen is a lot more dangerous than Lamar.  While he can be careless with the ball through the air, he can also straight out beat you with his arm.  Jackson is a glorified game manager as a passer.  

Allen is statistically much better at avoiding pressure than Jackson.  Lamar has the lowest pressure % in the league this year at 14.4%, yet has still been sacked 21 times on 45 pressures.  Allen, by comparison, has been sacked only 13 times on 67 pressures.  Even Burrow on his bum leg for half the year is better at avoiding pressure than Jackson, taking 18 sacks on 56 pressures.  Jackson 's pathetic ball security also somewhat negates Allen's recklessness, as Jackson has fumbled 10 times in 9 games so far this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 12:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: IMO the Stroud hype train is a wee bit over blown.

He had a great game last week, but he's been inconsistent this year. The two games before that against inferior opposition he had pretty pedestrian games. He's a rookie though so inconsistency is going to be a real thing.

Sorry, but I'm just not shaking in my boots over CJ Stroud like many are...especially with our defense.

I agree, but I understand the hype train after that performance against the Bucs. He finished with that clutch TD in the final seconds.

Clutch play like that is extremely encouraging for a rookie QB. Rare, not just the absurd numbers. But that Bucs D isn't the one that
won the SB against the Chiefs either.

I also think CJ could very well have a let down game against this Defense. Right now we have been about as ballhawking of a D as 
there is in the league. If he makes even the slightest mistake as a rookie QB against this Defense we will make him pay. CTB has been
playing out of his mind, Dax is the real deal, Chido is getting healthy, Hilton is back to his old self, our LB's are studs etc.

We just need some pass rush from somebody else besides Trey and this Defense could be about the best down the road.

(11-09-2023, 12:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've been Josh Allen's biggest hater since he entered the league. I think he is SO overrated. He's careless with the football and leads the league in turnovers every year. Everyone wants to look past that. 

Being a Wyoming Cowboys fan I have always rooted for the guy, but he is bad when it comes to turnovers, fumbles and interceptions
galore. You would of thought Allen would of made a point of really improving this part of his game as you say he always seems to be 
leading the league in turnovers and it is STILL a problem. For this very point, Josh Allen IS overrated.

You cannot do this and be a top QB, sorry. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Lamar knows who he is.. he's a runner 1st and passer 2nd. Teams know this so his WR are almost always open when he throws the ball as they have to wait to see if he takes off.

Allen has no idea who he is which is why he struggles. He stopped using his legs which made him a monster. His arm is amazing but it's the combination that extends drives and wins games with Allen under center.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 02:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: Allen is a lot more dangerous than Lamar.  While he can be careless with the ball through the air, he can also straight out beat you with his arm.  Jackson is a glorified game manager as a passer.  

Allen is statistically much better at avoiding pressure than Jackson.  Lamar has the lowest pressure % in the league this year at 14.4%, yet has still been sacked 21 times on 45 pressures.  Allen, by comparison, has been sacked only 13 times on 67 pressures.  Even Burrow on his bum leg for half the year is better at avoiding pressure than Jackson, taking 18 sacks on 56 pressures.  Jackson 's pathetic ball security also somewhat negates Allen's recklessness, as Jackson has fumbled 10 times in 9 games so far this year.

Sure hope this shows the next time we play Lamar because I cannot disagree. The problem is Lamar seems to pass the ball well 
against our Defense, at least he has the last time we played. I think we match up better with Allen than Lamar with how both Offenses
are constructed, Lamar has a great running game besides himself usually, that really helps against us.

We need to shut down the Ravens run game, keep Lamar in the pocket the next time we play them and I see us winning for sure.

It is time to sweep the Division the rest of the year at the very least.

(11-09-2023, 02:41 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Lamar knows who he is.. he's a runner 1st and passer 2nd. Teams know this so his WR are almost always open when he throws the ball as they have to wait to see if he takes off.

Allen has no idea who he is which is why he struggles. He stopped using his legs which made him a monster. His arm is amazing but it's the combination that extends drives and wins games with Allen under center.

If Allen would actually rely on reading Defenses more and pass the ball out of the pocket more while not committing the turnovers 
he could be a top QB again. Problem is like another poster said, he is trying to be the hero all the time and that isn't the way you 
want to play QB in the NFL. It puts too much pressure on him and leads to these turnovers.
Reply/Quote
When we play Lamar we will see if the defense has truly fixed the backside contain issues. Because that was where not only Lamar but the rest of the Rat runners were killing us. Do that and stop losing receivers in the zones and we are in really good shape. As it was even with the D early season issues and crippled Burrow we were one play from victory. With a healthy Burrow we win that game full stop.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 03:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: When we play Lamar we will see if the defense has truly fixed the backside contain issues. Because that was where not only Lamar but the rest of the Rat runners were killing us. Do that and stop losing receivers in the zones and we are in really good shape. As it was even with the D early season issues and crippled Burrow we were one play from victory. With a healthy Burrow we win that game full stop.

All of this, well said Joelist. Rock On
Reply/Quote