Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Threads From The Enemy: Texans Edition
(11-09-2023, 03:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: When we play Lamar we will see if the defense has truly fixed the backside contain issues. Because that was where not only Lamar but the rest of the Rat runners were killing us. Do that and stop losing receivers in the zones and we are in really good shape. As it was even with the D early season issues and crippled Burrow we were one play from victory. With a healthy Burrow we win that game full stop.

That and the tackling. There were at least 3-4 times in that first game where we should have had wide open sacks on Lamar and we missed the tackle.  
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 04:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That and the tackling. There were at least 3-4 times in that first game where we should have had wide open sacks on Lamar and we missed the tackle.  
Don't be surprised if that happens again. He's one squirrely dude.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 04:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That and the tackling. There were at least 3-4 times in that first game where we should have had wide open sacks on Lamar and we missed the tackle.  

(11-09-2023, 04:46 PM)Mer Wrote: Don't be surprised if that happens again. He's one squirrely dude.

We were a pretty bad tackling team in general on Defense before the bye week. Hope what we saw the last couple of weeks is us 
getting much better in this department. I don't like it when my Defense is tackling poorly and that usually isn't a problem with a Lou
Anarumo Defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 06:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We were a pretty bad tackling team in general on Defense before the bye week. Hope what we saw the last couple of weeks is us 
getting much better in this department. I don't like it when my Defense is tackling poorly and that usually isn't a problem with a Lou
Anarumo Defense.

That brings up the one gripe I have. I love Pratt, but at times I wish he would just tackle the ball carrier instead of trying to always strip the ball. Next thing you know, the ball carrier has gained extra yards.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 11:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That brings up the one gripe I have. I love Pratt, but at times I wish he would just tackle the ball carrier instead of trying to always strip the ball. Next thing you know, the ball carrier has gained extra yards.

I get it.... but dude makes plays when we need it. 

Wouldn't let him play another way lol
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Lamar is passing the ball much better this season which is scary.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 08:02 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Lamar is passing the ball much better this season which is scary.

Eh, yet he’s only thrown 9 TD’s through 9 games. We heard a lot of talk before the season about how he finally has some decent WR’s now, but it still seems like the same script to me (Lamar runs around a bunch, Mark Andrews, good defense).

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 06:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I found this post very fascinating.

He is basically saying he hopes the leadership of the Texans gets rid of anyone who might have realistic expectations for their team (or at least admits to them), and that the only way the Texans can lose this game is if they didn't believe in themselves enough.

What a world this person must live in where all it takes to succeed is effort and confidence. I'd love to move to that reality.

The little Texan that could.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 06:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We were a pretty bad tackling team in general on Defense before the bye week. Hope what we saw the last couple of weeks is us 
Anarumo Defense.

Texans lead the league in missed tackles. Chase going to feast. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 11:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That brings up the one gripe I have. I love Pratt, but at times I wish he would just tackle the ball carrier instead of trying to always strip the ball. Next thing you know, the ball carrier has gained extra yards.

Good point Wedge, depends on what you want, Pratt does get a lot of turnovers this way, but sometimes he should just tackle 
the guy like you say.

(11-10-2023, 12:20 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I get it.... but dude makes plays when we need it. 

Wouldn't let him play another way lol

Understandable.

(11-10-2023, 11:08 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Texans lead the league in missed tackles. Chase going to feast. 

Didn't know that, thanks Weezy. I like my prediction of scoring 40 points on them even more now.
Reply/Quote