Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Threads from our Frenemies-Buffalo
I'm sorry, I can't call the Bills the enemy...even this week. The 2 fan bases are too much alike. I could feel their pain when they had to hold their noses to root for the Patriots yesterday...just like us a couple of weeks ago having to root for the Ravens to lose to that team we do not mention

Their message board is second only to this one Wink for knowledgeable fans. While obviously biased they aren't over the top.

Jan 2, should be a great game between 2 well-matched teams.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/244687-bills-open-as-15-point-favorites-against-bengalsou-49/

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/244696-will-we-see-the-same-light-boxes-and-heavy-coverage-looks-against-cincy/

Actual concern for the player in this thread not gloating as would be on so many other boards

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/244710-bengals-rt-torn-acl-out-for-the-year/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don’t know, they don’t seem all that knowledgeable. Putting a TON of stock in a 2nd half on the road with some terrible luck on a short week that still ended in us winning our 7th straight game. Obviously only see what they want to see. And ignored the absolute thrashing we gave them in the first half.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 07:52 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don’t know, they don’t seem all that knowledgeable. Putting a TON of stock in a 2nd half on the road with some terrible luck on a short week that still ended in us winning our 7th straight game. Obviously only see what they want to see. And ignored the absolute thrashing we gave them in the first half.

Yeah I don’t mind their confidence about tgeir team, but they don’t know much about the Bengals. Luck? Did they miss the Pats TD?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
They also seem to have forgotten that they almost lost to the Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 07:38 PM)pally Wrote: https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/244687-bills-open-as-15-point-favorites-against-bengalsou-49/

I saw this and was like "Holy shit! 15 point favorites? Talk about a Gimme W bet on the 2nd day of legalized sports betting in Ohio!"... only to click on the link and see that it's 1.5 points and the decimal just doesn't get displayed in links.

Hilarious

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Saw some comments about Joe not being mobile?
He does hold the ball and take some sacks sometimes but calling him “not mobile” is ignorant (although the guy who called him Joe Statue gets props for being funny)
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 08:16 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Saw some comments about Joe not being mobile?
He does hold the ball and take some sacks sometimes but calling him “not mobile” is ignorant (although the guy who called him Joe Statue gets props for being funny)

I dont get that one either.  Joe may not be michael vick but he sure as hell isnt bernie kosar either.  Joe is mobile enough and has run effectively when needed.  He just needs to learn to slide better than me trying to hook slide home plate in little league
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 08:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I saw this and was like "Holy shit! 15 point favorites? Talk about a Gimme W bet on the 2nd day of legalized sports betting in Ohio!"... only to click on the link and see that it's 1.5 points and the decimal just doesn't get displayed in links.

Hilarious

I thought the same thing. 15 points  Shocked
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 08:09 PM)Earendil Wrote: They also seem to have forgotten that they almost lost to the Dolphins.

Twice
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 08:09 PM)Earendil Wrote: They also seem to have forgotten that they almost lost to the Dolphins.

And lost to the Jets. I mean it’s cool they think they are going to win. Most people probably do, but the selective memory is a little funny.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Saw some discussion about Bengals playing the same defense they do vs. Mahomes dropping 8.

Not sure if I was Lou I'd play that strategy... Allen is more of a willing runner and much bigger would be hard to stop.

Think you still rush 4 and make Allen think... his wide receivers outside of Stefon don't seem to get much seperation.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 08:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And lost to the Jets.  I mean it’s cool they think they are going to win. Most people probably do, but the selective memory is a little funny.

Yep

They've had 3 or 4 games over last 6 or so that they've struggled a good bit in. But like all fans when it's "we" they showed the true mark of a champion and overcame.

But when it's the other guy - "they're not very good, almost lost to blah, blah team. so on.
Reply/Quote
The Bills are a fantastic team and probably the biggest threat to the Bengals going back to the Super Bowl. But you can’t look at the second half of yesterday’s game as a predictor of next weeks anymore than you can look at their game against the dolphins.
Reply/Quote
They're confident that their 12-3 team on a 6-game winning streak will win a big game.

We're confident that our 11-4 team on a 7-game winning streak will win a big game.

It's to be expected. I don't fault them for their bravado or for any less-than-thorough analysis of the Bengals' performances. Indeed, I suspect they've spent most of the season viewing the Chiefs as The Problem in the AFC, and they haven't had their heads beaten in three times like KC has to make them understand that the Bengals are an issue.
Reply/Quote
I like the Bills... went to a game in Buffalo last year vs. the Texans (rained entire time) and their Duff wings are to die for.

Haven't caught many of their games this year but really looking forward to how the Bengals stack up. We know how Bengals performed against KC now it's time to see if we match up well against the other guy (Buffalo)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:42 PM)Earendil Wrote: The Bills are a fantastic team and probably the biggest threat to the Bengals going back to the Super Bowl. But you can’t look at the second half of yesterday’s game as a predictor of next weeks anymore than you can look at their game against the dolphins.

For sure
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 07:38 PM)pally Wrote: I'm sorry, I can't call the Bills the enemy...even this week.  The 2 fan bases are too much alike.  I could feel their pain when they had to hold their noses to root for the Patriots yesterday...just like us a couple of weeks ago having to root for the Ravens to lose to that team we do not mention

Their message board is second only to this one Wink for knowledgeable fans.  While obviously biased they aren't over the top.

Jan 2, should be a great game between 2 well-matched teams.  

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/244687-bills-open-as-15-point-favorites-against-bengalsou-49/

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/244696-will-we-see-the-same-light-boxes-and-heavy-coverage-looks-against-cincy/

Actual concern for the player in this thread not gloating as would be on so many other boards

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/244710-bengals-rt-torn-acl-out-for-the-year/

Yeah...i'm gonna have to go with eff those guys. They sound like typical fans of any other team not named the Chiefs. Don't have a clue about the Bengals or what they're about. Incorrect statements about past plays and the ole "they're getting lucky, like last year". 

Big ole eff you to the Bills. Andy Dalton isn't here anymore. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:46 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: They're confident that their 12-3 team on a 6-game winning streak will win a big game.

We're confident that our 11-4 team on a 7-game winning streak will win a big game.

It's to be expected. I don't fault them for their bravado or for any less-than-thorough analysis of the Bengals' performances. Indeed, I suspect they've spent most of the season viewing the Chiefs as The Problem in the AFC, and they haven't had their heads beaten in three times like KC has to make them understand that the Bengals are an issue.

I don’t fault them for their bravado, and it’s fine if they don’t know much about the Bengals. Then just don’t say anything.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 10:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah...i'm gonna have to go with eff those guys. They sound like typical fans of any other team not named the Chiefs. Don't have a clue about the Bengals or what they're about. Incorrect statements about past plays and the ole "they're getting lucky, like last year".

Big ole eff you to the Bills. Andy Dalton isn't here anymore. 

That's still around as a thing for sure. Not quite sure when they'll accept it's not luck anymore ?
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 10:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's still around as a thing for sure. Not quite sure when they'll accept it's not luck anymore ?

When we’re hoisting the Lombardi.

Reply/Quote