Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Threads from our Frenemies-part 2
(01-16-2023, 02:25 PM)pally Wrote: They and you are totally free to think and feel whatever you like.  However, I said that I can't hate them and since I started the thread it reflects MY opinion in the wording

I appreciate all of your info, and YOU can think whatever you want.  I'm on 2 different Bills boards and they definitely do not return the admiration that we do.

We helped them a few years ago to get into the playoffs, what have they done for us? Why do we have people so enamored when they are not...?

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:12 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I appreciate all of your info, and YOU can think whatever you want.  I'm on 2 different Bills boards and they definitely do not return the admiration that we do.

We helped them a few years ago to get into the playoffs, what have they done for us? Why do we have people so enamored when they are not...?

I see you over there fighting the good fight lol.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:03 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Yeah. We had a much tougher game against a 2nd string QB. But it's odd. It looks like the team lost focus since the Bills game, especially on offense. I don't see the fire in their eyes anymore. It was the defense that bailed us out both times. Hubbard had the same amount of TDs and more yards than Chase. But it's also scary that Andrews (the Ravens best Kittle/Kelce-type receiver) was left wide open at times. Why wasn't Flowers put in? It looks like there was Chinese in the protective metal plates - defending against TEs and large Raiders of the Lost Ark boulders. There were times when the Ravens played a single high safety - why didn't they call an audible for both wideouts to go go/sluggo-go routes?

You dont see the fire in their eyes anymore?  On TV?  Such an odd comment.

We know a couple times Andrews was open based upon the alignment and D play call - Sample dropping in coverage.

Flowers wasnt available all game and he didnt do that great last game vs a couple rookies, one playing his first game.

You saw single high?  Is that pre-snap?  There is a Ravens All-22 guy on youtube you should watch, breaks down everything and is quite complimentary of the Bengals.  Anyway he showed how the Ravens rarely stay in the coverage shown pre-snap and never lined up with the deep ball being a threat.

I havent seen this recent game review just posted but here is a link.  He really likes Trey and Sam, DJ & BJ, both linebackers, he knows our team very well,  better than some on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE1az6VMA1c

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:15 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I see you over there fighting the good fight lol.

I'm trying.  I keep complimenting their team and saying they should win due to our oline. 

The Trey nonsense is nonstop, and they swear Skylar Thompson is a great QB.... 

They definitely like their team as much as any fanbase.  Even KC fans complain a ton about theirs, but 99% of these guys are shocked the Bills are not undefeated the past 2 seasons.

And they definitely don't have the admiration for us that some on here do for them, despite our good will last week and the NFL screwing us over, as well helping them get into the playoffs a few years ago.

Reply/Quote
Yeah I’m over this frienemy stuff

They benefitted greatly from a game that had to be cancelled due to an unfortunate incident happening to their player.
This game should be on a neutral field or at least a coin flip like KC/ Buff would be.
They are just another AFC team the Bengals need to beat.
Reply/Quote
Bills fans are generally a very miserable bunch. If you've ever spent more than two consecutive seconds in Buffalo/Orchard Park you'd understand why.
Reply/Quote
Honestly said it at the time **** the Bills.

They used a tragedy to get that game called off permanently because they wanted no part of us.

They can trash our oline all they like but Miller is injured and the rest of them are nothing special handle Milano and they aren’t touching Joe.

Their run game is average not a patch on Baltimore so nothing to worry about there.

Allen is very very good we can’t deny that but he makes stupid decisions which will give our championship calibre defence a few chances on Sunday.

If Waddle didn’t contract a 24 hour case of Parkinson’s disease yesterday they could have gone home they have to handle Chase Tee Boyd and Hurst in the passing game.

Yesterday was much more dangerous for me not only do I think we beat the Bills I genuinely think we win by 10+ points.

So let them wheel Hamlin out to get the crowd buzzing if we have a first drive like we did in the cancelled game they will soon shut up.
Reply/Quote
Allen has been coughing the ball up steady the 2nd half of season. He'll keep it up
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 05:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Allen has been coughing the ball up steady the 2nd half of season. He'll keep it up

Especially in the red zone. Our LBers and safeties could get some golden opportunities.

Reply/Quote
To the lurking Bills fans complaining that they can’t post, you can just not in Jungle Noise. Go over to the Smack Talk sub forum and we will engage all you want.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Should be a great game. Surprised some are so confident, this is definitely a better team than the Ravens, though I get the point that we maybe match up better.

Bills and Bengals fans are connected by small market, working class tradition who have both suffered futility for a long time. That's more significant than the recent events of the cancelled game and Dalton td throw. I'm pleased to see them be successful and the time we helped them into the playoffs was a happy spin on a bad season.

None of that changes irrespective of result, but I hope we smash them and there's no contradiction in being sympathetic to their fans and very keen to beat them this weekend.
Reply/Quote
Apparently that forum is kind of a pain in the backside.
I registered 11 days ago and have not been approved.
I cannot post as a guest with my email, as it states it being "registered by another user".
I guess their taking the coward's way out by leaving new users in limbo.
Twat-waffles ! (said that because I know you Buffalo boys are reading)
Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 03:11 AM)pally Wrote: To the lurking Bills fans complaining that they can’t post, you can just not in Jungle Noise. Go over to the Smack Talk sub forum and we will engage all you want.

Actually they are generally allowed to post in threads about an upcoming game. Just keep it respectful. Plenty of Bills fans have posted in several threads over the last few weeks.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 05:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Allen has been coughing the ball up steady the 2nd half of season. He'll keep it up

And the defense has gotten 13 turnovers in the 5 playoff games over the last 2 years with no less than 2 turnovers in each game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 06:58 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Apparently that forum is kind of a pain in the backside.
I registered 11 days ago and have not been approved.
I cannot post as a guest with my email, as it states it being "registered by another user".
I guess their taking the coward's way out by leaving new users in limbo.
Twat-waffles ! (said that because I know you Buffalo boys are reading)
Cigar

They think they are Tennessee now?

Reply/Quote
Eh, I have no hard feelings towards Buffalo, and should we lose to them, I'll be pulling for them. They are a darn site better than those miserable Chief's fans.
Reply/Quote
I have issues with them saying Miami played like they had nothing to lose, but not giving the Ravens the same benefit.

It's going to be a good game, but the winner will likely be which ever team wins the turnover battle.

Right now, the Bills are turning it over too much. Give teams like Bengals, KC that short field, and they won't be settling for FG's like Miami did.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:45 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I figure they're feeling pretty confident considering the state of our offensive line.  Personally I'm struggling to remain optimistic about Sunday for that very reason.

Just a real shame that this team can't catch a break with the o-line.

It just magnifies to the world the Bengals' will to win under any circumstances and whatever else the universe has to throw at them.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I read 8 pages of their Bengals v Bills thread, and I would say the overwhelmingly majority said it’s going to be a really tough game and Allen needs to bring his A game and not turn it over to keep up with Burrow. Of course most think they Bills will win, but rarely anyone seemed arrogant or overly confident that it’s a definite win. And I will say most also feel better about the matchup after watching the ravens game.
I think going in to it, we were the most feared team to them, now it’s more of a coin flip, slight favor to Bills. As expected.

I thought they were pretty rationale, all things considering
Reply/Quote
Never understood why anyone who’s a Bengals fan gets their panties in a bunch over what another fan, of another team, says?

They can say what they will.

I’m a Bengals fan. There is no way, no how, that I feel the Bills can beat us. We have the better QB. We have the better WRs. We have the better defense, etc, etc, etc!

We got the shaft on the home field turf, but that happened last year, too. The Bengals don’t care.

Let’s get this thing started!
Reply/Quote