Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Threads from the Enemy 2022-w2, @Cowboys
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/how-do-we-beat-the-bengals.499615/

http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/threads/bengals-stuff%E2%80%A6.691912/

Confidence is not exactly soaring for the fans of "America's team". The Cowboys looked terrible against Tampa Bay in week one, and they lost their starting quarterback in the process. Most of them seem to understand that the Bengals' turnover mess was an aberration, and they don't have high hopes for week two. As is always the case, some of the most optimistic fans do see a path to victory (essentially by replicating the Steelers game and forcing Joe Burrow into a bunch of interceptions).

The communities for each team are on edge after disappointing starts to the season. Their vibe is a more despairing let's get a high draft pick however, while ours is more of a silly let's start twelve threads about how awful the coaches and players are panic. Let's hope for a better outcome this time against another clearly inferior opponent.
Reply/Quote
WE need to run the ball this game
Reply/Quote
I have studied the Cowboys quite a lot this offseason. Their not as bad as the media would like you to believe.
Superbowl winning headcoach, good defensive coordinator, and a great young core on defense.

This could be a tricky game for us if we don't take advantage of their QB.
Defensively

Where their strong at- Pass Rush- Micah Parsons is a game changer when he is asked to attack the QB but he isn't the only one capable of wrecking havoc on the line. Demarcus Lawrence, Neville Gallimore, Trysten Hill, and Osa Odighizuwa are all capable Interior rushers.. not to mention they have Dante Fowler who can get after the QB.

Trevon Diggs is special at CB but the secondary isn't that impressive besides him. Also Kearse the leader of the secondary will be out of action this week. Boyd should dominate his matchup. If Higgins plays expect a big game from him as well.

Weaknesse- their a small team with no real player at NT. Expect the Bengals to run the football a lot this game and run RPOs as well as Play action off the run game. Also look for the Bengals to attack Vander Esch at LBer with Mixon and Hurst in the passing game.

Offensively
The offensive line isn't great but not terrible, they lack weapons except for lamb at Wr, and they have a backup QB starting..

Watch for the short passing game with Pollard at RB and Schultz at TE.

Overall- Dallas is going to want to ugly it up. The key will be for the Bengals to get up early and force cooper rush to make big plays with his arm.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/cincy-wr-jamarr-chase-vs-diggs.499739/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 12:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: WE need to run the ball this game

I like the way you think!
Reply/Quote

I would rephrase to we need to run effective this week . Mixon ran the ball 27 times last week but we had too many ineffective runs.

Also against an inferior offense you don't give them points or shorten the field for them so no drives for Dallas on our side of field and no defensive points scored for them.

We achieve these two keys we should come out of Dallas with a win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 08:49 PM)J24 Wrote: I have studied the Cowboys quite a lot this offseason. Their not as bad as the media would like you to believe.
Superbowl winning headcoach, good defensive coordinator, and  a great young core on defense.

This could  be a tricky game for us if we don't take advantage of their QB.
Defensively

Where their strong  at- Pass Rush- Micah Parsons is a game changer when he is asked to attack the QB but he isn't the only one capable of wrecking havoc on the line. Demarcus Lawrence, Neville  Gallimore, Trysten Hill,  and Osa Odighizuwa are all capable Interior rushers.. not to mention they have Dante  Fowler who can get after the QB.

Trevon Diggs is special at CB but the secondary isn't that impressive besides him. Also Kearse the leader of the secondary will be out of action this week. Boyd should dominate his matchup. If Higgins plays expect a big game from him as well.

Weaknesse- their a small team with no real player at NT. Expect the Bengals to run the football a lot this game and run RPOs as well as Play action off the run game.  Also look for the Bengals to attack Vander Esch at LBer with Mixon and Hurst in the passing game.

Offensively
The offensive line isn't great but not terrible, they lack weapons except for lamb at Wr, and they have a backup QB starting..

Watch for the short passing  game with Pollard at RB and Schultz at TE.

Overall- Dallas is going to want to ugly it up. The key will be for the Bengals to get up early and force cooper rush to make big plays with his arm.

They have the worst offense in football and their coach is complete trash..
Reply/Quote

[Image: slide2_original.gif?1294720823]
[Image: slide3.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 08:11 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: slide2_original.gif?1294720823]
[Image: slide3.gif]

lol i remember watching that happen
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 09:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: lol i remember watching that happen

That dude got destroyed by security ..
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 07:16 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would rephrase to we need to run effective this week . Mixon ran the ball 27 times last week but we had too many ineffective runs.

Also against an inferior offense you don't give them points or shorten the field for them so  no drives for Dallas on our side of field and no defensive points scored for them.

We achieve these two keys we should come out of Dallas with a win.

While most big rushing games by RB's are rather skewed as there are always a couple big runs, outside of Joe's 31 yard run he averaged under 2 ypc. They really just need the rushing attack to be effective both on 1st down (need to average at least 4 ypc) and they simply have to convert some 3rd downs rushing the football. By doing both of these that will allow them to run more effective play-action and, more importantly, to simply keep the Dallas defense on it's heels more and having to guess.
Reply/Quote
Am I supposed to sit and fret about whatever random thoughts are rattling around inside the heads of cowboy fans? I used to live there. That's a town where half of them would pay a couple thousand bucks to sit and watch Jones stand on the star and stare back.. lol 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 10:35 AM)higgy100 Wrote: While most big rushing games by RB's are rather skewed as there are always a couple big runs, outside of Joe's 31 yard run he averaged under 2 ypc. They really just need the rushing attack to be effective both on 1st down (need to average at least 4 ypc) and they simply have to convert some 3rd downs rushing the football. By doing both of these that will allow them to run more effective play-action and, more importantly, to simply keep the Dallas defense on it's heels more and having to guess.

I agree but again that is one part of winning this weekend, 2nd is not giving Dallas points or short fields, we can;t expect to even beat so so offenses if we turn the ball over 3 or more times and give away points
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 10:41 AM)grampahol Wrote: Am I supposed to sit and fret about whatever random thoughts are rattling around inside the heads of cowboy fans? I used to live there. That's a town where half of them would pay a couple thousand bucks to sit and watch Jones stand on the star and stare back.. lol 

Those threads are actually a bit funny.  Most have already conceded the game to us.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote