Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Threads from the Enemy-Baltimore
(12-26-2021, 08:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Boneheaded move.  EVERYONE knows you can't celebrate on the opponent's sideline.

Yep, just a bigheaded rookie mistake.  Hopefully he grows out of that sort of behavior.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, just a bigheaded rookie mistake.  Hopefully he grows out of that sort of behavior.

I suspect it was due to ol' Wink's comments about him, but it still hurts the team.  Wanna rub it in their faces?  Get in the end zone.  Then do it again.  Make TDs like shampooing your hair (rinse, repeat)
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:22 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I suspect it was due to ol' Wink's comments about him, but it still hurts the team.  Wanna rub it in their faces?  Get in the end zone.  Then do it again.  Make TDs like shampooing your hair (rinse, repeat)

To tell the truth, someone walked into my office right after that catch and distracted me. I was so impressed with that ball spin, I missed the flag. They called taunting on Chase?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Boneheaded move.  EVERYONE knows you can't celebrate on the opponent's sideline.

Oh please. The taunting rule is supposed to be there to prevent fights and not be a bad example for kids or whatever. The fact that was a penalty is just downright silly. If he spins that ball 2 feet to the right it’s ok?

And they wonder why people call it the “No Fun League”

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: To tell the truth, someone walked into my office right after that catch and distracted me. I was so impressed with that ball spin, I missed the flag. They called taunting on Chase?

Yes. Ridiculous call. You see much worse not called half a dozen times every game.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes. Ridiculous call. You see much worse not called half a dozen times every game.

I despise the taunting calls, they're waaaayyyyyy to arbitrary.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh please. The taunting rule is supposed to be there to prevent fights and not be a bad example for kids or whatever. The fact that was a penalty is just downright silly. If he spins that ball 2 feet to the right it’s ok?

Yup.  The rule is CRYSTAL CLEAR.  Can't do it on, or in the direction of the opponent's sideline.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: To tell the truth, someone walked into my office right after that catch and distracted me. I was so impressed with that ball spin, I missed the flag. They called taunting on Chase?

Yes.  It was on the Raven's sideline, so it was a 15 yard penalty.  He had gained the first down already, so it was 1st and 10 backed up to midfield instead of at the 35 or so.
Reply/Quote
Well it ended up not mattering in the slightest. And Chase obviously got under their skin. He drew back-to-back holding penalties in the end zone at one point. The DB’s were just straight mugging him.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well it ended up not mattering in the slightest. And Chase obviously got under their skin. He drew back-to-back holding penalties in the end zone at one point. The DB’s were just straight mugging him.

Yes, I thought he was about to go after the DB on one of those.....
Reply/Quote
Did anyone read the GameDay thread on the last link the OP posted? Calling the Bengals a classless organization for passing late in the game up 20.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:23 PM)sloSTI Wrote: Did anyone read the GameDay thread on the last link the OP posted? Calling the Bengals a classless organization for passing late in the game up 20.

Gimme a break. Harbaugh is the king of taking his foot off the gas pedal when the 4th clock hits ZERO

Bout time we find that killer instinct va that prevent offense garbage.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh please. The taunting rule is supposed to be there to prevent fights and not be a bad example for kids or whatever. The fact that was a penalty is just downright silly. If he spins that ball 2 feet to the right it’s ok?

Nah... I disagree, some things you just don't do on the opponents sideline, that's one of them. I endorse the penalty. Recently the raiders team went into the chiefs center field logo (kinda like Terrel Owen's infamous 'boys star) and on the first play the chiefs scored a TD and never looked back, a blow out.

Emotions and rivalries are strong, dont need to antagonize the sideline.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:42 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Nah... I disagree, some things you just don't do on the opponents sideline, that's one of them. I endorse the penalty. Recently the raiders team went into the chiefs center field logo (kinda like Terrel Owen's infamous 'boys star) and on the first play the chiefs scored a TD and never looked back, a blow out.

They started it. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:39 PM)Whacked Wrote: Gimme a break. Harbaugh is the king of taking his foot off the gas pedal when the 4th clock hits ZERO

Bout time we find that killer instinct va that prevent offense garbage.

Guess they are just mad, Bengals got some revenge for the ass beatings the got from the ratbirds over the years
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've hated the Orioles since they beat the Reds in the World Series (back when I watched baseball)

Always hated Brooks Robinson myself. My brother had a Robinson autograph glove as a kid. That sucker lasted 50 plus years and was so soft a ball hitting the pocket would stick to it like glue.. LOL Boog Powell was another one I hated.. I hold baseball grudges even longer than football..I was a Reds fan from birth.. Bengals didn't comer along till grade school and I understood baseball much better than football back then. I could always hit a baseball.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:42 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Nah... I disagree, some things you just don't do on the opponents sideline, that's one of them. I endorse the penalty. Recently the raiders team went into the chiefs center field logo (kinda like Terrel Owen's infamous 'boys star) and on the first play the chiefs scored a TD and never looked back, a blow out.

I guess they learned nothing from Vonn Bell and JuJu
Reply/Quote
Baltimore fans are just butt hurt because Joe Burrow owns them now and he's taken away whathisfaces mojo.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2021, 06:21 PM)pally Wrote: They are not happy to say the least

https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?221383-Bengals-week-part-2

https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?221716-Josh-Johnson-time

https://purpleflock.com/threads/4885/

They cry more than any other fans in the NFL. Douchebag's, just like their coach...
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I guess they learned nothing from Vonn Bell and JuJu

That was a sweet one. LOL
Reply/Quote