Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Threads from the Enemy (Phins)
As you'd expect lots of confidence from a 3-0 Dolphins team.

Key Takeaways
They are underestimating Bengals secondary
Dolphins are banged up
Believe it will be a shoot out

https://finheaven.com/threads/final-score-dolphins-v-bengals-week-4.374497/
https://finheaven.com/threads/expect-tyreek-to-go-off-thursday.374542/
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
"So Bengals are 3 1/2 point favorites. Just think we almost had a 0-3 team favorite over a 3-0 team. That's pretty rare in the NFL."

How are they almost 0-3?

Another guy said Bengals can't keep up with the Cheetah. Did it last year. Twice.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't mind the confidence, but I really hate when fans say stupid things like they want to blitz the crap out of Burrow. All you have to do is look it up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
These are always interesting. This particular comment strikes me as fascinating...

Quote:How bad the Bengals oline is, I'd be surprised if they score more than 10 points.

We should crush them honestly.
The Miami defense isn't particularly threatening. They are one of the worst defenses in the league by EPA per play, they aren't special in the turnover department (13th), they are a bottom tier pass-rushing defense so far (28th in pressure percentage, 25th in sacks).
I am not going to come out and say Cincinnati will blow them away, but I expect Cincinnati to win.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 05:41 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: These are always interesting. This particular comment strikes me as fascinating...

The Miami defense isn't particularly threatening. They are one of the worst defenses in the league by EPA per play, they aren't special in the turnover department (13th), they are a bottom tier pass-rushing defense so far (28th in pressure percentage, 25th in sacks).
I am not going to come out and say Cincinnati will blow them away, but I expect Cincinnati to win.

I saw that one... that guy may of been on some juice.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Quote:If Tua is healthy (and I suspect he will be... mostly), I think the Dolphins will win this one reasonably easily. The Bengals line is still bad, and the team as a whole only scores about 20 points per game against average teams.
We'll blitz the Hell out of Burrow and make him very miserable.

Dolphins 34
Bengals 17

This person does not understand how you beat Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Who keeps rating all the threads 1 star? Time to find another forum?
Reply/Quote
Guess what we get to do now. They haven’t won a playoff game since 2000.

Reply/Quote
I have a hard time believing any team that doesn't pressure Joe very often beats the Bengals. The O line is getting better and gelling and the Dolphins pass rush isn't special.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 07:17 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Who keeps rating all the threads 1 star? Time to find another forum?

Ne accounts from Steelers, Cowboys, Jets, and Dolphins fans. 

Reading through their posts - that has got to be one of the most cocky fan bases ever for a team that has accomplished even less than us in the last 20 years. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 07:17 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Who keeps rating all the threads 1 star? Time to find another forum?

Was wondering that, too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 08:34 PM)TheFan Wrote: Ne accounts from Steelers, Cowboys, Jets, and Dolphins fans. 

Reading through their posts - that has got to be one of the most cocky fan bases ever for a team that has accomplished even less than us in the last 20 years. 

They are definitely inferior to the Bengals in the last twenty years, plus their current ownership is shady as hell.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 08:34 PM)TheFan Wrote: Ne accounts from Steelers, Cowboys, Jets, and Dolphins fans. 

In their defense, they've been told for the last 2 years straight that their team made one of the biggest mistakes in NFL history drafting piddly armed Tua when Herbert was sitting right there for the taking. I think they're just basking a little bit in the possibility that maybe - just maybe - their team isn't as ****** as everyone has claimed they will be for the last 2 years.

I empathize with that feeling because it's how I and a lot of us felt all last season, just for slightly different reasons.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 05:19 PM)QueenCity Wrote: As you'd expect lots of confidence from a 3-0 Dolphins team.

Key Takeaways
They are underestimating Bengals secondary
Dolphins are banged up
Believe it will be a shoot out

https://finheaven.com/threads/final-score-dolphins-v-bengals-week-4.374497/
https://finheaven.com/threads/expect-tyreek-to-go-off-thursday.374542/

Just went back and checked the forums today. Wow, there are a bunch of idiots on that site (though, not uncommon on social media/forums...). Saying it was clear it was his back against the Bills...Topou body slammed him, should have been a penalty, media narrative, etc. 

A bunch of clueless, delusional, literal morons over there. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I did the same thing last night before bed. Most fans on other teams act, sound, and write like immature children. They were mad the Dolphins D wasn't going after Joe to "break" his knee again or "take his headoff.' They are insane. There were a couple posters in their game thread that actually said it was a typical rough football sack on Tua and not illegal at all. Calling the Bengals nasty dirty players and such. One guy even claimed the Bengal player should be fined and ejected for the hit on Tua.
Reply/Quote
Boy they hate Tupou now. Saying the Bengals are a dirty team. That hit was clean AF..
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 09:47 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: In their defense, they've been told for the last 2 years straight that their team made one of the biggest mistakes in NFL history drafting piddly armed Tua when Herbert was sitting right there for the taking. I think they're just basking a little bit in the possibility that maybe - just maybe - their team isn't as ****** as everyone has claimed they will be for the last 2 years.

I empathize with that feeling because it's how I and a lot of us felt all last season, just for slightly different reasons.

I admittedly don't watch the Phins on a regular basis.  But watching them last night, they'd be a force with Herbert.  Their stats aren't super far apart this year, but that's due to one game, and I'm worried Tua isn't going to be long for the league. 
Reply/Quote
So I'm reading that they're responding to their QB's injury the same way most fans respond to their QB being injured?

Shocking revelation.

At the end of the day, we know it was a fluke accident. It sucked, wasn't fun to watch, and took a lot of the wind out of a lot of folks watching (myself included, and I ***** hate people who aren't me). Let them blow their steam off.
Reply/Quote
Who gives a shit what their fans think? They are pissed they lost. Understandable. However we all know that “hit” wasn’t dirty. Even Tyreek Hill, who wants to beat up one of the Bengals coaches, said it was clean.

On to Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 11:56 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I admittedly don't watch the Phins on a regular basis.  But watching them last night, they'd be a force with Herbert.  Their stats aren't super far apart this year, but that's due to one game, and I'm worried Tua isn't going to be long for the league. 

Yea, I mean, it was objectively a mistake to take Tua over Herbert. As we saw last night, Miami's offense didn't really change when QB changed from Tua to Bridgewater. In some ways, it actually improved (compare Tua's underthrow of Tyreek that resulted in an INT vs Bridgewater's well placed ball to Tyreek that resulted in a huge gain). 

So Tua is, essentially, a game manager. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Some would even call Joe Burrow or even Tom Brady a game manager (although I disagree with them), so it's not like that's a death knell. 

But compared to Herbert who is the defining player on that offense, it's hard to see any justification for taking Tua over Herbert other than "we got swept up in college performance rather than QB traits."
Reply/Quote