Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Threads from the Enemy (Phins)
I was at the game. I was actually quite surprised that the hit from Topou caused that serious of an injury. It didn't look like a particularly vicious collision from where I was sitting, just unfortunate circumstances with where his head landed.
Reply/Quote
It wasn't even a malicious tackle. It was the result of momentum, and there's no way anyone should expect the defender to LET GO and let the QB possibly get free and make a huge play.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 11:54 AM)Tony Wrote: Boy they hate Tupou now. Saying the Bengals are a dirty team. That hit was clean AF..

They should be angry at the Miami organization and at all the Miami fans who wanted him to play after the "concussion/non-concussion" he got on Sunday.  Several prominent neurologists were aghast that he was playing and saying he was putting his life at risk, including the one who discovered CTE and the co-head of the CTE unit at a medical college.

Here is famed neuroscientist Nowinski:

"Pray for Tua. Fire the medical staffs and coaches. I predicted this and I hate that I am right. Two concussions in 5 days can kill someone. This can end careers. How are we so stupid in 2022.

"I take no pleasure in being right. Pray for Tua. We saw this coming. Get angry. Get involved ... to make sure the @NFL can't do this again.

"You guys should go to jail for letting him play 5 days after an obvious #concussion you covered up. If he dies from second-impact syndrome, I'm pushing for murder charges."

Miami fans and coaches were all over the media saying he should play. They need to blame themselves. Miami fans need to be angry at their own team.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 11:53 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: I did the same thing last night before bed. Most fans on other teams act, sound, and write like immature children. They were mad the Dolphins D wasn't going after Joe to "break" his knee again or "take his headoff.'  They are insane. There were a couple posters in their game thread that actually said it was a typical rough football sack on Tua and not illegal at all. Calling the Bengals nasty dirty players and such. One guy even claimed the Bengal player should be fined and ejected for the hit on Tua.

Yeah. Fined and ejected for...pulling Tua to the ground while sitting on your ass. Topou's ass was literally on the ground while he was pulling Tua down. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:09 PM)samhain Wrote: I was at the game.  I was actually quite surprised that the hit from Topou caused that serious of an injury.  It didn't look like a particularly vicious collision from where I was sitting, just unfortunate circumstances with where his head landed.

Slow motion it doesn't look like much force at all but at full speed it's a very violent collision between his head and the ground. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:09 PM)samhain Wrote: I was at the game.  I was actually quite surprised that the hit from Topou caused that serious of an injury.  It didn't look like a particularly vicious collision from where I was sitting, just unfortunate circumstances with where his head landed.

It probably would not have been a problem if her weren't already concussed from last week. The Dolphins are not coming out of this one ok.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It probably would not have been a problem if her weren't already concussed from last week. The Dolphins are not coming out of this one ok.

Yeah, only Miami fanatics are blaming Tupuo. The rest of the NFL world and prominent neurologists saw Tua grabbing his head, staggering dizzily, and losing his balance on Sunday, and are blaming Miami for Tua playing at all on Thursday. Bad look for the NFL and bad look for Miami. 
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 11:42 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Just went back and checked the forums today. Wow, there are a bunch of idiots on that site (though, not uncommon on social media/forums...). Saying it was clear it was his back against the Bills...Topou body slammed him, should have been a penalty, media narrative, etc. 

A bunch of clueless, delusional, literal morons over there. 

Also said Joe wasn't an accurate qB, which he was off last night, but he did lead the league in accuracy last year.  I guess if the only football you pay attention to is your own team, you come up with stupid opinions.

Edit: Oh and the Miami fans think Teddy is awful. What? Probably the best backup in the league.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:14 PM)pally Wrote:   

Tupou should not feel bad. He probably does, and rabid Miami fans, looking for someone to blame, are trying to pin him with the blame. But Tupou should see who the rest of the NFL world is blaming, and none are blaming him. 

Stephen A is demanding someone on Miami be fired. On Get up, one commentator not only blamed the Miami coach, but also criticized Tua's teammates for not stepping in. Famed neurologists are blaming Miami and, in some cases, the NFL also. Those same neurologists spoke out on Sunday criticizing Tua going back in the game on Sunday. Miami gambled with Tua's health and now got exposed on a prime time game.
Reply/Quote