Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy-Ravens
On paper, this may be a shootout.

Thank God their pass D is weak bc if we had to rely on a run game, we may as well not even show up.

I love our D as they always show up to keep us in games BUT this is the most talented, explosive and dynamic O we have played yet - by a mile.

So, the Ravens will still score 25+.

“If” our O plays uninspired and blah; and takes 2-3 quarters to wake up as it tends to do; thus giving the Ravens too many chances to score, and all the clock time too bc we don’t have a run game - this could get ugly and may be a reverse of last year.

If the Bengals play to potential: we win 37-25
If the Bengals play pedestrian and “lost” as they have most of the year w their pony-league play-calling: 35-17 Ravens
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 06:40 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Any game on any NFL teams schedule is easily a battle. Doesn't matter who plays who. Any team is capable of winning on any day. T

Piggybacking off this, I read that the Lions are averaging 35 points per game this year on offense and yet are 1-3. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 07:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me because their secondary is pretty bad.

I think Burrow goes off for 5 TDs and Mixon adds two!

You think the bengals are scoring 49 or more?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 11:23 PM)ATOTR Wrote: You think the bengals are scoring 49 or more?

Possibly or maybe at least one of Mixon's TDs is from a pass play!
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 07:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Mixon can’t score from the 2" line most of the time.

Fixed it for ya
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 05:52 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm actually shocked at how many things they get factually wrong in just the first few posts of their thread here:
https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?233416-On-to-Cincinnati

Nope. We're in Baltimore.

Nope. It was Cooper Rush and Mitch Trubisky. We beat Joe Flacco.

As far as I can tell, both teams wore their color rush jerseys in week 4, so I doubt either team is going to wear their color rushes for week 5 as well.

Not a factually wrong statement but holy shit, they are so down on their defense haha. I thought their secondary was supposed to be the best in the nation...

He is currently on pace for 68 sacks, not 200 sacks...

Our Oline is not the "get right" Oline this year that many think it is. 3 true sacks in two games where there isn't a game wrecker at OLB.

And our defense has given up 1 TD in the last 11 quarters of football they've played (And 4 TDs total this season). I'm not sure why he expects them to look good early, but that has nothing to do with our defense or how it's coaches.

Okay, seriously. What's going on. They have Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters, Marcus Williams, Kyle Hamilton and Chuck Clark in the secondary. Are they dealing with injuries, is that group wildly underperforming or what? The pessimism in that thread is ridiculous for a team that is seconds away from being 4-0.
Ehh.. They'd complain if you hung em with a brand new rope.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
They gained confidence somewhere. One said the Ravens are a tier above the Bengals. Where? Another said the Ravens are clearly better. Again where? Lamar faced a decent defense last week and stuck up the joint. They also confuse best player with best athlete. The best athlete is 1-3 in the playoffs right? The best player is 3-1. One thing to say the Ravens are going to win. That’s totally legit, but a tier above?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
My Kentucky Wildcats once beat Lamar Jackson.... believe it or not but the guy can't win games by himself.

The Ravens while building successfully for his style of play will never be a contender for the SB as it's limited. You have to be able to pass the ball it's really that simple.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I got into a fun discussion with titans, colts, steelers, and chargers fans in a ravens vs. bengals SNF thread about how they think Burrow is average, the Bengals run was a fluke, the Bengals Defense "sucks", and teams lose against the Bengals but the Bengals don't necessarily win. Lol you know how that went; I got muted, and well deserved, but I gave it to each of them. That group of teams could not be easier to pick on if it comes to a "discussion".

Ravens D has a lot of picks. It all started when they suggested the way to beat the Bengals is to make Burrow make a lot of mistakes and use the ravens overpowering offense against the bengals "weak D". The last 2 words were triggering, they know nothing. We know now Burrow has in his head, limiting mistakes is the way to win, it may not look pretty, but the W matters. Low turnovers, low penalties, big plays is how the Bengals made it to the SB, on the coattails of the D.

Would I like to see more sacks and turnovers from our D, yes, but they are the strength, and we will need them Sunday night.
Reply/Quote
last season most the board was frightened of Lamar and calling the game a loss. Found this odd because being a Cardinal fan I'm a fan of Lamar's. Yet was one of the only people claiming the Bengals would win per Hubbard being able to possibly contain Lamar which is what has to be done to beat him.

This year I'm still calling for a Bengals win but people seem to be underestimating Lamario and hope the Bengals don't fall into the same trap.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 12:43 AM)Go Cards Wrote: last season most the board was frightened of Lamar and calling the game a loss. Found this odd because being a Cardinal fan I'm a fan of Lamar's. Yet was one of the only people claiming the Bengals would win per Hubbard being able to possibly contain Lamar which is what has to be done to beat him.

This year I'm still calling for a Bengals win but people seem to be underestimating Lamario and hope the Bengals don't fall into the same trap.

I think the spicy "Staten Island Stew" will get the job done tonight!
Reply/Quote
Lamar will get his rushing yards but let's contain the big plays, shut down his passing attack, and get the W.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 12:43 AM)Go Cards Wrote: last season most the board was frightened of Lamar and calling the game a loss. Found this odd because being a Cardinal fan I'm a fan of Lamar's. Yet was one of the only people claiming the Bengals would win per Hubbard being able to possibly contain Lamar which is what has to be done to beat him.

No the actual football team is not underestimating him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 05:52 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm actually shocked at how many things they get factually wrong in just the first few posts of their thread here:
https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?233416-On-to-Cincinnati

Nope. We're in Baltimore.

Nope. It was Cooper Rush and Mitch Trubisky. We beat Joe Flacco.

As far as I can tell, both teams wore their color rush jerseys in week 4, so I doubt either team is going to wear their color rushes for week 5 as well.

Not a factually wrong statement but holy shit, they are so down on their defense haha. I thought their secondary was supposed to be the best in the nation...

He is currently on pace for 68 sacks, not 200 sacks...

Our Oline is not the "get right" Oline this year that many think it is. 3 true sacks in two games where there isn't a game wrecker at OLB.

And our defense has given up 1 TD in the last 11 quarters of football they've played (And 4 TDs total this season). I'm not sure why he expects them to look good early, but that has nothing to do with our defense or how it's coaches.

Okay, seriously. What's going on. They have Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters, Marcus Williams, Kyle Hamilton and Chuck Clark in the secondary. Are they dealing with injuries, is that group wildly underperforming or what? The pessimism in that thread is ridiculous for a team that is seconds away from being 4-0.

Dawg, thanks for the breakdown. Saved me from having to read through all that Baltimore bullshit.
Reply/Quote
I get their concern going into this game. But if they can run on us, they can win and we have DJ Reader out.

This is a big deal. Should be a high scoring game if we cannot slow down the run cause I think Burrow and specifically
Chase could have that big game that they haven't had so far this year against the Ravens Secondary if Burrow has some
time to get the ball to Chase. Hell, a short Slant route to the house could happen like last season and Burrow doesn't
need time for these routes.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 12:41 AM)TheFan Wrote: You think we score 7 touchdowns? 

The team is very talent capable, he just forgets Zac is calling the plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 01:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I get their concern going into this game. But if they can run on us, they can win and we have DJ Reader out.

This is a big deal. Should be a high scoring game if we cannot slow down the run cause I think Burrow and specifically
Chase could have that big game that they haven't had so far this year against the Ravens Secondary if Burrow has some
time to get the ball to Chase. Hell, a short Slant route to the house could happen like last season and Burrow doesn't
need time for these routes.

We still have a run stuffer in Reader's place for now.. he sent Tua to the hospital last week.. Remember? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 02:43 PM)grampahol Wrote: We still have a run stuffer in Reader's place for now.. he sent Tua to the hospital last week.. Remember? 

True, Tupou will have to have another good game, if he does, we should win tonight.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 10:53 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No the actual football team is not underestimating him.

Comforting to know, thanks for the inside info on the actual teams thoughts. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 06:15 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Comforting to know, thanks for the inside info on the actual teams thoughts. 

No problem

Reply/Quote