Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy, SUPER BOWL LVI: Rams
(01-31-2022, 01:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Rams fans seem a lot less toxic than KC fans, at least.  Most of their takes are fairly realistic.  After the Titans game, it's easy to see them being confident in their DL.

I think Titans DL is slightly better but it is close.  KC has a good Defense front 7 it is their back end that needs to hold..hold a lot!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rams won't know what hit them IMO.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Rams fans seem to be keying in their strong DLine against our weak OLine. But think about this: everyone knows our OLine is weak and they keep coming for it, yet this is the same OLine that got us to this point. So really, how bad can our OLine be?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Chiefs are a better team than the Rams, they do realize that, right?

I guess expecting Californians to respect anyone outside ot their tiny bubble is expecting a bit much.

My California cousin was once surprised I had a Wal-Mart. He thought Kentucky was all farms and horses.

I was stationed near San Francisco in the Navy years ago. And yes most Californians think the world ends at the Nevada border and everything outside is sub-par.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:04 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: You know another defensive line that gets overlooked every week?

The Cincinnati Bengals defensive line.

Let's hope the Rams dedicate the same attention to Hendrickson-Reader-Hubbard that the Bengals dedicated to Tennesee's outfit.

Yes indeed, and none are over the HILL, what a trade!!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:22 PM)grampahol Wrote: I lived out there for about a year back in the dark ages when I was under 25.. I can't tell you how many Californians truly believe that quite literally everything good was invented in Los Angeles. Being from Dayton I was always quite pleased to be able to inform them about the Wright Brothers from Dayton, Ohio, Charles Kettering, etc, etc...When I told em the flip top can as well as the modest step ladder were invented in Dayton they about blew a gasket and accused me of just making it all up..  Hilarious

When I told my New Jersey father in law that our suspension bridge was the prototype and predated the Brooklyn bridge he swore that couldn't possibly be true.  I proved to him that it was, and he came back with "Well, they did the first one in Ohio so if it fell in the river no one would know."
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Chiefs are a better team than the Rams, they do realize that, right?

I guess expecting Californians to respect anyone outside ot their tiny bubble is expecting a bit much.

My California cousin was once surprised I had a Wal-Mart. He thought Kentucky was all farms and horses.

He's just pulling your horse.. I mean, leg. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 09:02 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Titans DL is slightly better but it is close.  KC has a good Defense front 7 it is their back end that needs to hold..hold a lot!

I think the Titans DL is better overall, but Donald is the best individual player on either.  

I don't think KC's DL is that great.  They are a blitz heavy/hold like crazy in the secondary D.  

It's going to be a tough game, mainly because of the Rams DL vs Cincy OL matchup.  If we had a Top 10 OL, I would say we'd be solid favorites.  Rams secondary is suspect, so we will need to break enough big plays to counteract some sacks and TFL's.  It will be very interesting to see how LA tries to defend us.  They may try to match Ramsey up with Chase without giving him a lot of help similar to how Baltimore tried to shut him down with Humphrey in our first meeting and we all know how that went.
Reply/Quote
The Rams boards are passionless. There is just no sense of an undying love of their team. They discuss their uniform choice almost as much as we do. They haven’t learned though that the power is in the socks.

Most are convinced that Aaron Donald will win the game single handedly. They forget that we play against TJ Watt twice a year and Myles Garrett. No doubt about it, the Rams have a good defense but the Bengals offense isn’t going to cower because of it. They underestimate the Bengals defense.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:36 AM)Whatever Wrote: I think the Titans DL is better overall, but Donald is the best individual player on either.  

I don't think KC's DL is that great.  They are a blitz heavy/hold like crazy in the secondary D.  

It's going to be a tough game, mainly because of the Rams DL vs Cincy OL matchup.  If we had a Top 10 OL, I would say we'd be solid favorites.  Rams secondary is suspect, so we will need to break enough big plays to counteract some sacks and TFL's.  It will be very interesting to see how LA tries to defend us.  They may try to match Ramsey up with Chase without giving him a lot of help similar to how Baltimore tried to shut him down with Humphrey in our first meeting and we all know how that went.

"They're being grabby." - Ja'Marr Chase
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Last week, I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for the first half, which is probably the best place in the area to watch a big TV sporting event. I was in my Bengal hoodie and Bengal cat ears just like in the "Dance" video. A guy came up to me and said he wished me and my team luck because practically everyone else there was for the Chiefs.

For the Super Bowl, the crowd there will probably be mostly for the Rams since we're only 100 miles southeast of St. Louis, where they played for 20 years. But going into a big crowd like that again is a COVID risk. I either stay here in my apartment or go to my sister's in Wilmington!

To stay on topic for the thread, though, yes people in California think the world ends at the Nevada border just like New Yorkers think anything past the Hudson River is flyover country. To me, the game is either gonna be a multi-pick from Stafford blowout or another nailbiter down to the wire. Guess who I think (or who I hope with every molecule of my being) will win?
Reply/Quote

Try living in Montana for almost 40 years. People are shocked to find out we have electricity! And I'll lose my claim to having a Bengal as a co-owner of a piece of property this offseason. No way Trae Waynes survives another year as a Bengal.

We all have pride about where we live. When somebody complains about Montana,  I always think "Our wages suck. Our Winters are brutal. Why aren't you outta here?"

It's been far too long since Cincy can claim any championship. Bengals win this, and I'll definitely have a bounce in my step. But with this roster, won't it be awesome to be in the running every year for the next decade+?
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 09:35 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Last week, I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for the first half, which is probably the best place in the area to watch a big TV sporting event. I was in my Bengal hoodie and Bengal cat ears just like in the "Dance" video. A guy came up to me and said he wished me and my team luck because practically everyone else there was for the Chiefs.

For the Super Bowl, the crowd there will probably be mostly for the Rams since we're only 100 miles southeast of St. Louis, where they played for 20 years. But going into a big crowd like that again is a COVID risk. I either stay here in my apartment or go to my sister's in Wilmington!

To stay on topic for the thread, though, yes people in California think the world ends at the Nevada border just like New Yorkers think anything past the Hudson River is flyover country. To me, the game is either gonna be a multi-pick from Stafford blowout or another nailbiter down to the wire. Guess who I think (or who I hope with every molecule of my being) will win?

Not all of us. That is some prime real estate for driving along the Hudson - especially in the fall. Smirk
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 09:08 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Rams fans seem to be keying in their strong DLine against our weak OLine. But think about this: everyone knows our OLine is weak and they keep coming for it, yet this is the same OLine that got us to this point. So really, how bad can our OLine be?

It is pretty bad but it isn't like Taylor doesn't know this.  He needs to resist the urge for throwing bombs, especially early, and throw check downs and slants.  It just isn't rocket science and taking 5 yards per play is better than 8 Joe B. sacks (he is tough but not invincible).
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 10:01 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Try living in Montana for almost 40 years. People are shocked to find out we have electricity! And I'll lose my claim to having a Bengal as a co-owner of a piece of property this offseason. No way Trae Waynes survives another year as a Bengal.

We all have pride about where we live. When somebody complains about Montana,  I always think "Our wages suck. Our Winters are brutal. Why aren't you outta here?"

It's been far too long since Cincy can claim any championship. Bengals win this, and I'll definitely have a bounce in my step. But with this roster, won't it be awesome to be in the running every year for the next decade+?

I’m probably not cut out for the winters, but Montana seems like an incredible place to live.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
One of the boards (sorry can't remember which) had a long discussion that started over which group of WRs is better coming down to a battle over Higgins vs OBJ. One person insisting that OBJ is better because his 1st 2 seasons were better, which is true. However, the other person, rightfully, kept pointing out that they were comparing 2021 OBj not 2015/16 OBJ vs Higgins. And that 2021 Higgins is better than 2021 OBJ

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The Rams might be the only team with a WR group on our level. Even without Robert Woods, Van Jefferson has been just as productive as Tyler Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 10:01 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Try living in Montana for almost 40 years. People are shocked to find out we have electricity! And I'll lose my claim to having a Bengal as a co-owner of a piece of property this offseason. No way Trae Waynes survives another year as a Bengal.

I went to Montana for the first time last summer and LOVED it. I flew into Great Falls and spent a week at Malmstrom Air Force Base and surrounding associated facilities. The air was so clear and clean and the food was out of this world.
Reply/Quote