Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Threads from the Enemy week 14: 49ers
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/195622-49ers-bengals-pregame-thread-2021-season-week/

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/39857-week-14-gdt-were-on-to-cincinatti/

Reading a few of these posts has made me chuckle: they sound just like the Chargers fans did last week. "I don't see how the 49ers win this game." Fans are ridiculous. Lose one game, and that means the apocalypse is nigh and there's no conceivable way the team can do anything right. I hope that sounds familiar. Things are usually neither as good nor as bad as they seem, and I suspect two moderately promising seasons will come to a head this Sunday, each team coming off of a bad loss. Something's gotta give. The one thing they seem to be universally hanging their hopes on is Burrow's pinky. This would be an opportune week for our Joe to channel their Joe.
Reply/Quote
Well, I think DrChowder has the right viewpoint about this upcoming game.

Quote:both teams coming off horrible losses......should be an exciting game. This will really show which team will really make a playoff push.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/195622-49ers-bengals-pregame-thread-2021-season-week/#post15

A loss this week and a win by the Squeelers will put them ahead of the Bengals in the playoff picture (7-5-1 versus 7-6).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
More doom and gloom than I would have expected from the Niners fans

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
They obviously aren’t very aware of who they’re playing. This team is the very definition of any given Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Seems to be a consensus that they just run the ball which is by far our D's strength for the time being.. This makes me feel a bit better..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 01:00 AM)R3stangs Wrote: They obviously aren’t very aware of who they’re playing. This team is the very definition of any given Sunday.

Agree and that's the thing. You never know what team will show up ? The "A" team is there a win is very doable. The "B" team shows up.......umm
Reply/Quote
With the way this season is going, with teams playing up and down across the league, it seems as though every fan base is convinced their team will lose out. That's what I saw with the Chargers last week and am seeing similar messages in the 49ers forums now.

Little do they know that we are the kings of inconsistency and unpredictability.
Reply/Quote
Bengals are a young team learning to win down the stretch. A young QB who makes more mistakes now than he will in the coming years that’s an obvious part of the nfls future stars.

They might lose on Sunday or they might surprise everyone. They are at least an entertaining team to watch.
Reply/Quote
like most of you i read these every week. i know they feel like they cant run the ball because the look at our defensive rankings. i shudder to think about what this game looks like with Logan Wilson out. I envision TE's wide open running across the middle and gaps left unfilled. I think this matchup without wilson is not what we need right now.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 01:00 AM)R3stangs Wrote: They obviously aren’t very aware of who they’re playing. This team is the very definition of any given Sunday.

So true, I have no idea what to expect in this game or for the rest of the season.

All I know is the 49ers have a very good play caller and with Wilson out this might be bad for us if Bachie doesn't play well.

(12-09-2021, 03:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree and that's the thing. You never know what team will show up ? The "A" team is there a win is very doable. The "B" team shows up.......umm

Yep. We have no idea, weird every week around this joint. I think we could bounce back after that weird game last week
but we need to chip the other Bosa all day on Offense and we need to shut down the run on Defense. If we do this I think
we can win. I just don't know. We need this win though. A win would put us one step closer to a Playoff spot and to leading 
the Division. The Ravens loss was big for us.

(12-09-2021, 04:07 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Bengals are a young team learning to win down the stretch. A young QB who makes more mistakes now than he will in the coming years that’s an obvious part of the nfls future stars.

They might lose on Sunday or they might surprise everyone. They are at least an entertaining team to watch.

They are entertaining. Problem for Taylor is we need to make the Playoffs for him to stick around.

This team needs to rally around him, hope to see it Sunday afternoon against a team that historically has our number.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 05:13 PM)kronadon Wrote: like most of you i read these every week. i know they feel like they cant run the ball because the look at our defensive rankings. i shudder to think about what this game looks like with Logan Wilson out. I envision TE's wide open running across the middle and gaps left unfilled. I think this matchup without wilson is not what we need right now.

Not just TE's running open, a guy named George Kittle who was going to be a pain with Logan Wilson out there. Need to make sure and keep him covered with safety help all day.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 05:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not just TE's running open, a guy named George Kittle who was going to be a pain with Logan Wilson out there. Need to make sure and keep him covered with safety help all day.

Yes, this and the running game of the 49ers scare me. Kittle is great when healthy. I like Ricardo Allen but he is small, same with
Hilton. We need to hit Kittle hard over the middle and make him fear that area of the field or he will feast. Need to see some Von 
Bell slobberknockers.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 05:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true, I have no idea what to expect in this game or for the rest of the season.

All I know is the 49ers have a very good play caller and with Wilson out this might be bad for us if Bachie doesn't play well.

Yep. We have no idea, weird every week around this joint. I think we could bounce back after that weird game last week
but we need to chip the other Bosa all day on Offense and we need to shut down the run on Defense. If we do this I think
we can win. I just don't know. We need this win though. A win would put us one step closer to a Playoff spot and to leading 
the Division. The Ravens loss was big for us.

They are entertaining. Problem for Taylor is we need to make the Playoffs for him to stick around.

This team needs to rally around him, hope to see it Sunday afternoon against a team that historically has our number.

I don’t think Mike sees it that way. I think they may miss tge play offs by a game if they don’t get in and that will trigger Mike to win xtend Zac a few more years to see if he can build success and continue the successful drafting.
Reply/Quote
If Deebo Samuel is out, I tend to hope that we just never even try putting a LB on Kittle. A safety that may not have been available in coverage with Samuel can now be dedicated to shadowing that menace.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 06:07 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I don’t think Mike sees it that way. I think they may miss tge play offs by a game if they don’t get in and that will trigger Mike to win xtend Zac a few more years to see if he can build success and continue the successful drafting.

Probably correct with the entire FO, not just Mike. I just hope Zac and the team make a run at the end of the season to reassure
us that he is the right guy to extend. If not and we miss the Playoffs everything would still be up in the air to me. I wouldn't know
if Zac and company are the answer. I really like Pollack, Hobby, Golden and Walters and thought Lou has done well on D this year
so it would be really cool to know we can get into the Playoffs and hopefully win a game with them.
Reply/Quote
Every message board is virtually identical to every other message board.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 08:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Every message board is virtually identical to every other message board.

Ω! ναι? Τι λες για αυτό?!? Ταιριάζει αυτό με την αφήγησή σας για ένα αντίγραφο του καθενός και κάθε άλλου πίνακα μηνυμάτων θαυμαστών;

Και τώρα, θα επιστρέψω στον Κρόνο με το διαστημόπλοιό μου που κινείται με πούλιες.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 08:46 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Ω! ναι? Τι λες για αυτό?!? Ταιριάζει αυτό με την αφήγησή σας για ένα αντίγραφο του καθενός και κάθε άλλου πίνακα μηνυμάτων θαυμαστών;

Και τώρα, θα επιστρέψω στον Κρόνο με το διαστημόπλοιό μου που κινείται με πούλιες.

Pretty much. Even in another language.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 08:46 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Ω! ναι? Τι λες για αυτό?!? Ταιριάζει αυτό με την αφήγησή σας για ένα αντίγραφο του καθενός και κάθε άλλου πίνακα μηνυμάτων θαυμαστών;

Yeah. Like that
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 05:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not just TE's running open, a guy named George Kittle who was going to be a pain with Logan Wilson out there. Need to make sure and keep him covered with safety help all day.

This.. but I bet he will still be dictating the game, regardless of what Zac(on behalf of Lou) does or doesnt do.
Reply/Quote