Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Threads from the Enemy week 14: 49ers
(12-09-2021, 06:07 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I don’t think Mike sees it that way. I think they may miss tge play offs by a game if they don’t get in and that will trigger Mike to win xtend Zac a few more years to see if he can build success and continue the successful drafting.

Right. If anyone thinks MB is not going to extend Taylor for a least 1 more year after the turnaround this team has done this year, they are going to be sorely disappointed. We are 7-5 and in the playoff hunt. Heck, there are only 9 teams in the whole NFL with more wins right now, and 5 of those teams are in the NFC. In the AFC, the Patriots have 9 and the other 3 teams all have 8..... exactly one more than we have at 7. 5 games left in the season, anything can happen at this point. Does anyone seriously think the Browns are thinking "Hey, let's change coaching staffs" right now? I firmly think we make the playoffs this year, but after they way they have been drafting since Taylor got here, I am really excited for next year as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Right. If anyone thinks MB is not going to extend Taylor for a least 1 more year after the turnaround this team has done this year, they are going to be sorely disappointed. We are 7-5 and in the playoff hunt. Heck, there are only 9 teams in the whole NFL with more wins right now, and 5 of those teams are in the NFC. In the AFC, the Patriots have 9 and the other 3 teams all have 8..... exactly one more than we have at 7. 5 games left in the season, anything can happen at this point. Does anyone seriously think the Browns are thinking "Hey, let's change coaching staffs" right now? I firmly think we make the playoffs this year, but after they way they have been drafting since Taylor got here, I am really excited for next year as well.

Cannot argue with anything you say here Sled, just hope we make the Playoffs and win a game to get that monkey off our back 
and then we would know that Taylor and company might truly be the answer. If we miss the Playoffs I will still be questioning this.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 03:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cannot argue with anything you say here Sled, just hope we make the Playoffs and win a game to get that monkey off our back 
and then we would know that Taylor and company might truly be the answer. If we miss the Playoffs I will still be questioning this.

I’m questioning it now.

Zac Taylor has a winning record so far this year but we’ll see if the Bengals can finish above 0.500. I’m still seeing way too much inconsistency to be a believer. In one game the Bengals look like heroes and in the next game they look like zeros. That’s due to bad coaching and poor execution.

A team should not have to rely on energy, emotion, and motivation to win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 03:35 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m questioning it now.

Zac Taylor has a winning record so far this year but we’ll see if the Bengals can finish above 0.500.  I’m still seeing way too much inconsistency to be a believer.  In one game the Bengals look like heroes and in the next game they look like zeros. That’s due to bad coaching and poor execution.

A team should not have to rely on energy, emotion, and motivation to win.

Completely understandable. So true about the inconsistency. Not a sign of good coaching.

I do like how we have cut down on the penalties this year except the Chargers game but we need to see more consistency
and less mistakes on Offense. We always seem to put our Defense in a bad position about every game which is a big no no.
Reply/Quote