Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy week 3: Steelers
(09-22-2021, 05:53 PM)Mer Wrote: All I know is our message board was designed better than theirs. I can't stand all those ads.

Yeah, I've looked at pretty much every official and fan made NFL message board out there, and have noticed that a lot of them are just plain hard on the eyes from a design standpoint and cluttered as hell from a navigational standpoint. 

I feel like our board is at least easy to look at and find your way around. I'm not going to say we have the best board out there because I've seen a handful of very nice ones that have done a great job with their setup, but from a purely aesthetic and structure point of view, I feel like we have one of the better ones for sure.

I might be a little biased though. LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 12:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, I've looked at pretty much every official and fan made NFL message board out there, and have noticed that a lot of them are just plain hard on the eyes from a design standpoint and cluttered as hell from a navigational standpoint. 

I feel like our board is at least easy to look at and find your way around. I'm not going to say we have the best board out there because I've seen a handful of very nice ones that have done a great job with their setup, but from a purely aesthetic and structure point of view, I feel like we have one of the better ones for sure.

I might be a little biased though. LOL

You guys have done a great job.
Reply/Quote
This one is tricky for me. If the Steelers were healthy on defense I would be very worried about moving the ball, but those loses on their line are going to hurt. Their offense isn't playing that well right now, and we played them pretty good on defense last year when Finley was the starter.

This game is winnable, I could see it going either way.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 12:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: This one is tricky for me.  If the Steelers were healthy on defense I would be very worried about moving the ball, but those loses on their line are going to hurt.  Their offense isn't playing that well right now, and we played them pretty good on defense last year when Finley was the starter.

This game is winnable, I could see it going either way.

All true. I picked the Stool to win but I could also see us pulling away with those injuries they have on Defense.

But they are at Home and we have all seen how much of a difference it has been this year with the fans.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 01:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true. I picked the Stool to win but I could also seeing us pulling away with those injuries they have on Defense.

But they are at Home and we have all seen how much of a difference it has been this year with the fans.

Yep. I don't care how banged up they are or who plays for them. I'm not going to expect them to come out of Pittsburgh with a win, until i see it. 

My expectations are loss at Pitt and come home to win against Jax. 2-2 with GB and Balt in 2 of the next 3. 

I wouldn't expect more than 5-4 going into the bye with some really brutal games in the 2nd half of the season. 

IIRC, i thought they'd prob be around 7-10 this year, before the season started. Which, honestly, is pretty damn sad--barring any major injuries--with the talent they have and this being Zac's 3rd year. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 02:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. I don't care how banged up they are or who plays for them. I'm not going to expect them to come out of Pittsburgh with a win, until i see it. 

My expectations are loss at Pitt and come home to win against Jax. 2-2 with GB and Balt in 2 of the next 3. 

I wouldn't expect more than 5-4 going into the bye with some really brutal games in the 2nd half of the season. 

IIRC, i thought they'd prob be around 7-10 this year, before the season started. Which, honestly, is pretty damn sad--barring any major injuries--with the talent they have and this being Zac's 3rd year. 

Yeah, I am expecting a bit of the same if Zac doesn't either pull his head out of his ass or hands the play calling over to Brian 
Callahan. I like this team, it isn't the team that's the problem. This Defense looks really good and they are really helping the 
Offense and giving them a chance so far big time. If we can start scoring on Offense I think we can win more than 9 games 
and get a shot at the Playoffs.

If not, we are just putting our Defense in bad situations over and over and Zac needs to be gone.

I do expect steady improvement from this young team regardless, but Zac cannot continue to sabotage them.

At least Lou isn't sabotaging the Defense anymore. I like what he has been doing for once.
Reply/Quote