Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy week 4: Jaguars
If this team genuinely thinks it can contend for a championship then this is a game they should win.

Take care of business and hopefully walk away mostly unharmed.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This reads exactly like any game thread on this board only the colors are different but it's still the jungle. If I were colorblind I wouldn't even know what board I was on.

This is depressing.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 08:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Watch out for Laviska man. That dude is a talent.

Not on Chase's level but we cannot overlook the Jags, they are young and have good talented players.

Think we should beat them by a good margin if we just focus on them but this is kind of a trap game scenario.

Laviska is a really unique weapon and Chark is pretty good too. Last time he played Cincinnati went 8 catches for 95 yards and 2 TDs.

Honestly, the Jags have weapons, 3 pretty good WRs (Marvin Jones is older but still solid), and James Robinson is a good RB. The issue is play calling has been not great, the OL has been very poor and Lawernce is making rookie mistakes. Better to play them now, then later in the season when they figure things out after Urban goes to USC lol.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 06:29 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Looking past Jags to the Pack? ?

Probably most are, but as long as the players don't its all going to be good. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 09:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: shouldnt over look this one... teams with no wins get more dangerous each week... Its a perfect trap game

That said  we should be able to finally win 2 in a row this week

Also, we don’t have a great track record against rookie QB.  We make them look like HOF QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 12:58 PM)jason Wrote: Apparently you weren't at the Cleveland/ Cincinnati (Devon Still's daughter night) Thursday night game in 2014... They beat the brakes off us. It was probably Andy Dalton's worst game in the NFL. The Bengals went on a pretty impressive winning streak after that though.

That was one for the ages. LOL

https://youtu.be/QlIzqROCHVE

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:00 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Also, we don’t have a great track record against rookie QB.  We make them look like HOF QB.

Different coaching hopefully makes a difference.

Reply/Quote
I hate to do it, but I'm predicting the trap game. Lawrence is supremely talented and we're coming off a very emotionally charged game. Two of our star players are out, it's a Short week and the ROH ceremony may put pressure on the team to perform which can sometimes backfire.

I just don't trust Zac to shut the door on games. We saw it against Minnesota, we saw it throughout last year. Until he shows he can make the easy games look easy, I'm predicting the jaguars win 24-23 after being down 2 touchdowns late in the 2nd quarter.

I hope I'm wrong though! 3-1 would be incredible!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 01:14 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: We know the Jags are going to be desperate to right the ship. We are coming off of a very emotional game. Zac and Co just need to make sure the team is focused on Jacksonville and not looking past them.

For sure BD.

(09-29-2021, 07:07 AM)Whacked Wrote: If we somehow lose this game - that we should very much win - this board is gonna implode - and rightfully so.

We need to take care of business.

Yeah, it would be bad round here if we lose this one. I am going to ignore this board till next week if this is the case.

My Birthday is on Friday and that is when I will watch the game if we win. If we don't I will put it off lol

(09-29-2021, 02:14 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: He had one of his best games last year against us.   I think around 80-something yards.  Our coverage at LB is better, so hopefully we matchup better with him.   He catches a lot of the TE-type stuff.  

True and Laviska can play RB and runs like one. Very talented and ready for a breakout game. 

Trevor running on us once plays break down also concerns me. We didn't have to face this at all last game with the Pig.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That was one for the ages. LOL

I took my ex wife's son to that game. It was around his birthday, and he got to skip school, and it was his first NFL game. He's a Browns fan, and not the best loser in the world. I remember thinking I hope we don't whoop em too bad and ruin his birthday... I had that shit all wrong.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That was one for the ages. LOL

Wow, I hadn’t seen this before. Some nice pockets to throw from too. Lmao.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 03:28 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=35102

It's because there aren't Jaguars boards.

Nonsense. https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/

Urban, like Zak, is going to take some time to rebuild that organization.

I point to Jimmy Johnson. JJ won all of 8 games his first 2 seasons in the NFL. Zak won 6. But JJ had huge advantages compared to Zak. JJ was a well seasoned HC who had won NC, had a great staff in place from the get go, one of the best FO in all of professional sports, they started the rebuild day one and their GM executed one of the most lopsided trades in history with the Herschel Walker trade giving them a 2 for 1 deal in his first year in the draft.

Zak most likely had virtually no say in the 2019 draft because he was weeks away from the SB and it was a poor one. Had trouble assembling his defensive staff (in part because of Brown’s horrible reputation) and was foolishly hired not for a out and out rebuild but a re-set of an aging roster. What a clusterduck.

Bengal fans are one of the least knowledgeable fan bases in sports and were/are upset that in two years (with substandard talent no less) don’t figure to get there this year, considering the relatively easy early schedule will harden in the last 75% of the schedule. In a couple weeks the meltdown will resume and a new round of Joe Brady talks will dominate.

Coaching Axiom 101. If you have a horrible o-line (ZT. Urban, Nagy, Josh Donaldson, Tomlin, etc.) it is guaranteed there will be overwhelming distress that whoever is calling plays will be thought of as a moron. Fact!
Reply/Quote