Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Threads from the Enemy week 7: Ravens
https://purpleflock.com/threads/4488/

https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?217716-Onto-the-Bengals!&s=0142c88503c86a9e4f89e8dcf1a8848a

https://forums.extremeravens.com/topic/26700-ravens-vs-bengals/

I skipped this last week since I couldn't find enough chatter on Lions boards to make it worthwhile. The fans of the Baltimore Browns are wasting no time though in getting the Bengals conversation going. I am sure I'll be able to add more links throughout the week, but here are a few to whet your appetite.

They seem well aware, generally, that the Bengals are improved and aren't treating the game like it's going to be handed to them. Apparently Logan Wilson called Lamar Jackson a "running back who also plays quarterback" with it intended as complimentary, but of course some folks are running with that like it's locker room material. I don't give a damn, but I don't blame them for finding any reason to get mad. Athletes probably will too.

They are making one mistake that seemingly every opposing fanbase has made this season: assuming the offensive line hasn't been addressed at all and that they'll walk over it like they did in recent years.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:29 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I skipped this last week since I couldn't find enough chatter on Lions boards to make it worthwhile. 

I was on a Lions site yesterday watching their game day thread as I watched ours.  The title of the thread was
"Quite Frankly My Dear, We Don't Give a Damn Official Game Thread. Bengals Edition." They're not lying.  The apathy is palpable.  We had 12x the activity in our thread that they did, and the average response was along the lines of 'Typical Lions shit show.  Knew this would happen.  I'm done with this team.  Time to drink.'  

Makes our board look like a bunch of downright starry-eyed optimists by comparison. 

“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It's pretty clear to me that Wilson's comment was meant to be a compliment. He called him very dynamic right after the comment. Even the wording is obviously complimentary "He's a RB who ALSO plays QB." The insult was "he's a RB who plays QB" adding that also is really important to the context, in my opinion as it validates him as both a RB and a QB, rather than a RB who is playing out of position (as the original insult implies).

Also, he responded immediately:
Reply/Quote
Wilson intended it as a positive remark, certainly. Lamar Jackson might decide he wants to interpret it as an insult, because it's free motivation. Anyway I don't really care and doubt it will have a significant impact upon the football game.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 12:45 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I was on a Lions site yesterday watching their game day thread as I watched ours.  The title of the thread was
"Quite Frankly My Dear, We Don't Give a Damn Official Game Thread. Bengals Edition." They're not lying.  The apathy is palpable.  We had 12x the activity in our thread that they did, and the average response was along the lines of 'Typical Lions shit show.  Knew this would happen.  I'm done with this team.  Time to drink.'  

Makes our board look like a bunch of downright starry-eyed optimists by comparison. 

Kinda sounds like half the posters in our game thread yesterday
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 12:52 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Kinda sounds like half the posters in our game thread yesterday

Half yes, but not all, and we have more than our share of optimists here.  Over there it's like listening to a funeral dirge.   Just sad, really,  I remember the '80s and '90s and the sense of optimism with Barry and those playoff teams.  Think about this: only those Lions fans who are 70+ years old can boast about having seen two playoff wins in their lifetime.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 12:51 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Wilson intended it as a positive remark, certainly. Lamar Jackson might decide he wants to interpret it as an insult, because it's free motivation. Anyway I don't really care and doubt it will have a significant impact upon the football game.

I'm pretty sure Lamar knows he's one of the best running backs in the league....
Reply/Quote
https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?217730-Bengal-Board

Threads from the Enemy about Threads from the Enemy, i.e. Threads From You
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 11:26 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?217730-Bengal-Board

Threads from the Enemy about Threads from the Enemy, i.e. Threads From You

Which lasted all of 3 posts, then devolved into a discussion about the Stoolers… <_<
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Since Jimmy has been posting these threads one thing I have noticed is how BengalHolic has done a much better job streamlining this board with alot less clutter.

This board has looks alot better than most of these boards posted.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
"Must be less lead in the water in that part of the state than Cleveland".... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Shit, it's spreading....

Quote:they will need to confuse burrows because the bengals have WR assets out the ying yang.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 12:48 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Shit, it's spreading....

does that mean it is now Lemur Jackson?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
One guy was lamenting the Dalton to Boyd TD that knocked them out of the playoffs, so I posted the video with Titanic music for them.... cause everything is better with Titanic Music...

Reply/Quote
I read 2 comments, one saying division games are tough regardless of record (insinuating the Bengals have a bad record) and another where the dude called this a "trap game".

Pretty low IQ in there.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 07:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I read 2 comments, one saying division games are tough regardless of record (insinuating the Bengals have a bad record) and another where the dude called this a "trap game".

Pretty low IQ in there.

The “tough regardless of record” comment is (I believe) taken out of context, similarly to Wilson’s comments on Lamar. I think it may be a compliment, noting that CIN-BAL games are tough each year, regardless of record, so now that the Bengals may be good, it could be even harder (just like me when the Bengals are good).
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I would take issue that Lamar should be the highest paid QB. It’s Mahomes period.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
One poster said he was still salty over the Bengals beating Rats on Thursday night game at Cincinnati in 2018

If that's the case then he is really going to be salty when the Bengals win this game in Baltimore

Tiger

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'ver watched Lamar play and he is nothing special. Even with a game against a Colts team that only had 3 DB so they had to play in giant pillow soft zones he has a sub 100 passer rating, and without the Colts game only an 85 - and a lot of turnovers too. The keys to beating him are not to blow contain and play his receivers tight - make him fit the ball into tight spaces (demonstrate Touch).
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 01:00 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Half yes, but not all, and we have more than our share of optimists here.  Over there it's like listening to a funeral dirge.   Just sad, really,  I remember the '80s and '90s and the sense of optimism with Barry and those playoff teams.  Think about this: only those Lions fans who are 70+ years old can boast about having seen two playoff wins in their lifetime.  

Amazing to think if you've seen more than 1 Lions playoff win in your lifetime you know what it was like when the USA had 48 and 49 states and how it felt to watch a new episode of I Love Lucy.

Anyways, now that I know this thread is being watched I'm going to predict that Burrow throws 7 TDs and his only incompletion of the day will be a pass he intentionally rockets into a luxury box to hit Ray Lewis in the groin.

(10-19-2021, 11:43 AM)Synric Wrote: This board has looks alot better than most of these boards posted.

Terrible NFL boards have their charm, as far as lurking goes.  There is a great Eagle's message board where every gameday the front page is littered with 0 reply new threads that say nothing more than "PLAYER/COACH X" has sex with his mother, has sex with other men, or both.
Reply/Quote