Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Threads from the Enemy week 7: Ravens
(10-19-2021, 09:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'ver watched Lamar play and he is nothing special. Even with a game against a Colts team that only had 3 DB so they had to play in giant pillow soft zones he has a sub 100 passer rating, and without the Colts game only an 85 - and a lot of turnovers too. The keys to beating him are not to blow contain and play his receivers tight - make him fit the ball into tight spaces (demonstrate Touch).

Thing is, the Ravens have an elite TE in Andrews.  Andrews combined with the threat of Lamar running puts a ton of strain on team's LB corps.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 12:39 AM)Whatever Wrote: Thing is, the Ravens have an elite TE in Andrews.  Andrews combined with the threat of Lamar running puts a ton of strain on team's LB corps.  
You put a safety on Andrews or even double both him and Brown. Then don't blow contain and it forces Jackson to do something he is bad at - fitting the ball into tight spaces .
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:29 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: https://purpleflock.com/threads/4488/

https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?217716-Onto-the-Bengals!&s=0142c88503c86a9e4f89e8dcf1a8848a

https://forums.extremeravens.com/topic/26700-ravens-vs-bengals/

I skipped this last week since I couldn't find enough chatter on Lions boards to make it worthwhile. The fans of the Baltimore Browns are wasting no time though in getting the Bengals conversation going. I am sure I'll be able to add more links throughout the week, but here are a few to whet your appetite.

They seem well aware, generally, that the Bengals are improved and aren't treating the game like it's going to be handed to them. Apparently Logan Wilson called Lamar Jackson a "running back who also plays quarterback" with it intended as complimentary, but of course some folks are running with that like it's locker room material. I don't give a damn, but I don't blame them for finding any reason to get mad. Athletes probably will too.

They are making one mistake that seemingly every opposing fanbase has made this season: assuming the offensive line hasn't been addressed at all and that they'll walk over it like they did in recent years.

I think this thread is the 1 I always look forward to most... 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 08:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I would take issue that Lamar should be the highest paid QB. It’s Mahomes period.

I think all of them are going to hurt their team in the long run with these contracts unless the cap starts really cranking up something fierce quickly. 

Top 10 QB Cap Hits in 2023
Mahomes: $46.8m
Prescott: $45.5m
Ryan: $43.6m
Watson: $42.4m
Wilson: $40.0m
Allen: $39.8m
Tannehill: $36.6m
Rodgers: $33.2m
Goff: $30.7m
Wentz: $26.2m

How do you build a full team around a $40-46.8m cap hit to 1 player? Even if the cap rises from $182.5m to say... $222.5m by 2023 (back-to-back $20m rises) that's still going to be ~18-21% of your cap space for ONE player.

If Brady chases the most money he can get, the Bucs probably don't have Antonio Brown, Chris Godwin, or Shaquil Barrett this year. You'd think other QBs would look at that and think maybe $30m/yr is enough rather than $40-45, so they could go out and target some extra talent for Ws.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
One of them said they would only be scared if Carson Palmer walked onto the field...

Are you kidding? Carson threw pick 6's to Ed Reed for years lol

Burrow should scare them as should our Defense. Put Ricardo Allen on Mark Andrews and have Awuzie blanket their
best WR and we could seriously pull out a win on the road and take the Division lead. But we cannot turn the ball over
on Offense, this is key.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 09:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Amazing to think if you've seen more than 1 Lions playoff win in your lifetime you know what it was like when the USA had 48 and 49 states and how it felt to watch a new episode of I Love Lucy.

Anyways, now that I know this thread is being watched I'm going to predict that Burrow throws 7 TDs and his only incompletion of the day will be a pass he intentionally rockets into a luxury box to hit Ray Lewis in the groin.

Terrible NFL boards have their charm, as far as lurking goes.  There is a great Eagle's message board where every gameday the front page is littered with 0 reply new threads that say nothing more than "PLAYER/COACH X" has sex with his mother, has sex with other men, or both.

Mom is fair game.  It's when they start saying ol' coach's Dad can't throw a baseball or the only time he takes his belt off is to have sex with animals... then it gets real.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 04:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think all of them are going to hurt their team in the long run with these contracts unless the cap starts really cranking up something fierce quickly. 

Top 10 QB Cap Hits in 2023
Mahomes: $46.8m
Prescott: $45.5m
Ryan: $43.6m
Watson: $42.4m
Wilson: $40.0m
Allen: $39.8m
Tannehill: $36.6m
Rodgers: $33.2m
Goff: $30.7m
Wentz: $26.2m

How do you build a full team around a $40-46.8m cap hit to 1 player? Even if the cap rises from $182.5m to say... $222.5m by 2023 (back-to-back $20m rises) that's still going to be ~18-21% of your cap space for ONE player.

If Brady chases the most money he can get, the Bucs probably don't have Antonio Brown, Chris Godwin, or Shaquil Barrett this year. You'd think other QBs would look at that and think maybe $30m/yr is enough rather than $40-45, so they could go out and target some extra talent for Ws.

Good point. QB is the most important position, but this isn't the NBA where 1-2 great players can lead a rag tag bunch to a championship. Just look at Brady. He went from looking like he'd end his career throwing a pick six and getting bumped in the first round, to winning a Super Bowl and posting the best numbers of his career.

Even the best ever needs great teammates to look good, and it's tough to do that when your QB takes $50 million in cap.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 12:48 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Shit, it's spreading....

Burroughs....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 09:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Mom is fair game.  It's when they start saying ol' coach's Dad can't throw a baseball or the only time he takes his belt off is to have sex with animals... then it gets real.

Pennsylvania, where men are men and sheep are nervous.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 10:36 PM)Earendil Wrote: Pennsylvania, where men are men and sheep are nervous.

Easy there, Florida man. 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 11:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Easy there, Florida man. 

We know better than to try to make gators nervous.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 11:55 PM)Earendil Wrote: We know better than to try to make gators nervous.

Someone had to learn that the hard way.  Heh, hard way.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 07:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Someone had to learn that the hard way.  Heh, hard way.  

That would be my cousin, Bobby Jack. On the plus side, his singing voice is angelic now.
Reply/Quote
Bump for those who’d like to feed on the tears
Reply/Quote
It was fun watching their game day thread go from cocky, "we always beat them" to damn we have to face Burrow and Chase twice a year for a long time

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote