Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three Biggest Draft Needs
(12-12-2015, 02:42 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Burfict and Dawson are not athletic....not even anywhere remotely close to it.
They just aren't. They are decidedly mediocre athletes.

Lamur isn't very good at football. So it would help if the next LB we added was athletic AND good at football. 

It's funny how it's either been this of that. And sad that the only hope for that combo is a 6th rounder in Flowers. 

Anyways, through 12 weeks:

1 - Interior DL, Still need someone who can spell Geno, line is hilariously exposed when he isn't out there.

2 - C, one day competence will return to this position.

3 - WR/CB depth
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 04:36 PM)Stormborn Wrote: It's funny how it's either been this of that. And sad that the only hope for that combo is a 6th rounder in Flowers. 

1 - Interior DL, Still need someone who can spell Geno, line is hilariously exposed when he isn't out there.

3 - WR/CB depth

Can also argue another pass rusher. Outside of Dunlap we have no one to get to the quarterback
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Robert Nkemdiche may be available later than first thought.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 04:36 PM)Stormborn Wrote: It's funny how it's either been this of that. And sad that the only hope for that combo is a 6th rounder in Flowers. 

3 - WR/CB depth

I would put a LB above WR/CB depth for now. Or at least on par with. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 02:43 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Can also argue another pass rusher. Outside of Dunlap we have no one to get to the quarterback

Exterior or interior, we got little depth behind 97 and 96. 

(12-13-2015, 06:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I would put a LB above WR/CB depth for now. Or at least on par with. 

That's fair, I mean, it's foolish of me to believe we'll address the C position early so I don't know what's stopping me for hoping for another LB in that range. Or at least one that isn't like the ones we have already.

I wanna see this team eventually evolve in the war room.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 05:06 PM)blt4584 Wrote: Robert Nkemdiche may be available later than first thought.

I doubt he falls to us. Someone will take him no matter what. Besides, he has to show that he loves the game of football and isn't in it for just the money.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 04:15 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I doubt he falls to us. Someone will take him no matter what. Besides, he has to show that he loves the game of football and isn't in it for just the money.

It's possible he may fall. I think it's very dependent on his interviews at the Combine where he would fall.

Reply/Quote
I think the best thing is where the Bengals may need help, there's a plethora of talent in said area. Receiver and linebacker especially.

Defensive line is up and down, but there's certainly players that could transfer well into the NFL.

One stock to watch for is the stock of Nassib, DE from Penn State. He was pretty much a work out warrior and someone who had great work ethic. He didn't show much of it on the field until this season. It'll be interesting to see not only how he does in the Combine but how teams rate him. A 1 year product, but hey, Ansah did very little before his senior season as well. And they actually are pretty similar to size and both very fast.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 04:20 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's possible he may fall. I think it's very dependent on his interviews at the Combine where he would fall.

Marvin has talked about not picking divas anymore. The draft room goes towards players who love the game of football and may end up working in football after they retire. Look at like this, if Odell Thurman was in this year's draft, we'd pass him up.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 04:32 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I think the best thing is where the Bengals may need help, there's a plethora of talent in said area. Receiver and linebacker especially.

Defensive line is up and down, but there's certainly players that could transfer well into the NFL.

One stock to watch for is the stock of Nassib, DE from Penn State. He was pretty much a work out warrior and someone who had great work ethic. He didn't show much of it on the field until this season. It'll be interesting to see not only how he does in the Combine but how teams rate him. A 1 year product, but hey, Ansah did very little before his senior season as well. And they actually are pretty similar to size and both very fast.

Nassib is Hunt. Hunt is Nassib.

He isn't a good athlete and he gets blocked by guys he shouldn't get blocked by. He's a product of Zettel and Johnson being very good players. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 04:15 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I doubt he falls to us. Someone will take him no matter what. Besides, he has to show that he loves the game of football and isn't in it for just the money.

If there was ever going to be a guy who is Randy Gregory 2.0, it's RN. He's going to be facing a lot of questions about drug use.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 06:05 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Nassib is Hunt. Hunt is Nassib.

He isn't a good athlete and he gets blocked by guys he shouldn't get blocked by. He's a product of Zettel and Johnson being very good players. 

In college, maybe.

But remember, Hunt was/is a lot more raw and knows very little about football. Plus, he was much older.

Nassib has a better chance to make an impact in the NFL. He has much better closing speed and actually finishes plays. He needs to work on more leverage.

They are similar. But Nassib has all the aesthetics and background that the Bengals like.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 02:58 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: In college, maybe.

But remember, Hunt was/is a lot more raw and knows very little about football. Plus, he was much older.

Nassib has a better chance to make an impact in the NFL. He has much better closing speed and actually finishes plays. He needs to work on more leverage.

They are similar. But Nassib has all the aesthetics and background that the Bengals like.

That doesn't make him a good football player. He's not magically going to become an athlete. 
He works hard. That's about it. He's Michael Sam with NFL size. 

This isn't going to magically change in the NFL: 
https://vine.co/v/eYaLxg6Lh96

https://vine.co/v/eYWv1Zn5VKA
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 01:25 AM)blt4584 Wrote: If there was ever going to be a guy who is Randy Gregory 2.0, it's RN. He's going to be facing a lot of questions about drug use.

There's no doubt he'll have to face questions about the drug use, but I don't see him dropping like Gregory. The only way Nkemdiche falls is if he flat out bombs the combine/pro day. He's getting compared to Suh in terms of talent. The issue with Gregory was that he had multiple drug offenses, an immature attitude, and his size.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 04:59 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: There's no doubt he'll have to face questions about the drug use, but I don't see him dropping like Gregory. The only way Nkemdiche falls is if he flat out bombs the combine/pro day. He's getting compared to Suh in terms of talent. The issue with Gregory was that he had multiple drug offenses, an immature attitude, and his size.

The Suh comps are off. He isn't that kind of player. He's very good. But not Suh good. 
Suh took over games. Nkemdiche hasn't done it to the level of Suh.

He's an incredible athlete for his size but he's got a lot of work to do as well. 
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 04:59 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: There's no doubt he'll have to face questions about the drug use, but I don't see him dropping like Gregory. The only way Nkemdiche falls is if he flat out bombs the combine/pro day. He's getting compared to Suh in terms of talent. The issue with Gregory was that he had multiple drug offenses, an immature attitude, and his size.

There are also worries that his brother is going to tag along with him and he seems to be the real trainwreck of the two. I've never really been crazy about Nkemdiche to be honest, he turned it on more this year compared to his first two years, but I've never really seen the NFL hype with him.

Out of the big 3 Ole Miss guess, Treadwell is the only one I really trust. Tunsil is a stud, but has come across as kinda soft, but I think that is more him treating college as an NFL audition and trying to avoid getting hurt. Getting him on a rookie deal could be sweet, but he could be O-line Haynesworth after that.
Reply/Quote
Nkemduche scares the hell out of me. Plenty of guys have been successful in the NFL and smoked weed. Him and his brother sound like they like the over the top bath salt type high that makes you smash through windows and run from imaginary bad guys or strip but naked and lay a roof in the fetal position. It will only be a poorly run organization that takes this guy in the draft if they anyone does at all. Looking at the Cowboys to make him a 2nd rounder if he comes out
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 01:18 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Nkemduche scares the hell out of me. Plenty of guys have been successful in the NFL and smoked weed. Him and his brother sound like they like the over the top bath salt type high that makes you smash through windows and run from imaginary bad guys or strip but naked and lay a roof in the fetal position. It will only be a poorly run organization that takes this guy in the draft if they anyone does at all. Looking at the Cowboys to make him a 2nd rounder if he comes out

There's no chance he makes it out of the first round.  I would be absolutely pissed if we passed on him.

You can't perform at a such a high level in college like he has if you are that hooked on drugs.  You also won't pass any random drug tests.  I'm not buying the fact that he has a major issue.  
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 02:38 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That doesn't make him a good football player. He's not magically going to become an athlete. 
He works hard. That's about it. He's Michael Sam with NFL size. 

This isn't going to magically change in the NFL: 
https://vine.co/v/eYaLxg6Lh96

https://vine.co/v/eYWv1Zn5VKA

Those issues can be fixed. Nassib had a chance to make a play, but didn't finish.

The second one you can see him moving back to try and stop the back, rather than trying to shed the blocker.

Both bad plays, but he still has good upside. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up like Wolfe in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 02:43 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Those issues can be fixed. Nassib had a chance to make a play, but didn't finish.

The second one you can see him moving back to try and stop the back, rather than trying to shed the blocker.

Both bad plays, but he still has good upside. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up like Wolfe in the NFL.

I don't see the sort of skill Wolfe had.
I think he's less athletic and not nearly as strong at the POA. 

We'll agree to disagree on Nassib
Reply/Quote