Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Three Guys Walk Into a Dark Room ...
(12-24-2023, 05:52 PM)Science Friction Wrote: As Chick(Ludwig) said last night on the radio, Zac is "still learning." I think that was the best positive he could come up with.  At least Zac is more passionate than the the stoic, expressionless, David Bell.  Of course my grandma has more personality than David Bell, and she's been dead for over twenty years.

He wouldn’t know
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I heard some dude on Sirius NFL Network the other day saying that you hire a head coach to build and maintain an organizational culture. I think Zac is exemplary at that. Like possibly one of the best. This team got real good real fast under his leadership. it's also shown a lot of resilience int he face of injury and bad luck.

Unfortunately, he also wants to call plays on the field, which may work for some but does not for him. Idk if he'll ever be open to giving this responsibility up, but he should probably consider it.
Reply/Quote
Kevin Stefanski ( googled his name this time ) not in your dark room. Won with like four different starting QBs this season.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 07:54 PM)Destro Wrote: Kevin Stefanski ( googled his name this time ) not in your dark room. Won with like four different starting QBs this season.

Having one of the best defenses in the league helps just a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The one who's been to back to back AFC Championship games just turns on the light
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 08:08 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Having one of the best defenses in the league helps just a bit.

True, but they do score points here and there. Their points for and against is nearly flip flopped with ours.
Reply/Quote
I’d take Zac Taylor in the playoffs over Tomlin

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 07:54 PM)Destro Wrote: Kevin Stefanski ( googled his name this time ) not in your dark room. Won with like four different starting QBs this season.

He’s done a great job this season. Zac’s won an AFC Championship & another AFC Championship appearance and Super Bowl appearance and has the best record in the AFC North from 2021-23. It’s overwhelmingly better
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 10:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s done a great job this season. Zac’s won an AFC Championship & another AFC Championship appearance and Super Bowl appearance and has the best record in the AFC North from 2021-23. It’s overwhelmingly better

Yup. Past doesn't help our seeding this year, though. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 08:08 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Having one of the best defenses in the league helps just a bit.

We should look into getting one of those then.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

great d coordinator with an elite defense and the best o-line coach in the league will help

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 11:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: great d coordinator with an elite defense and the best o-line coach in the league will help

Sadly, we are not allowed to draft and sign players and coaches to make our team better.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 11:19 PM)Destro Wrote: Yup. Past doesn't help our seeding this year, though. 

Not having one of the best QB’s for 5 games and 65% on 3-4 more doesn't help our seeding either lol. Try to be rational

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 12:11 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Not having one of the best QB’s for 5 games and 65% on 3-4 more doesn't help our seeding either  lol. Try to be rational

Yeah, I get that. I'm a big Burrow fan. Team is set to run with a healthy Burrow. Literally my original post spoke of a team working with a number of QBs, none of which were the "best QB's." Didn't have their starter. Neither do the Steelers, who beat us again...or Colts who we beat and just got thumped by Atlanta. I didn't talk about some used to be stuff. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 12:47 AM)Destro Wrote: Yeah, I get that. I'm a big Burrow fan. Team is set to run with a healthy Burrow. Literally my original post spoke of a team working with a number of QBs, none of which were the "best QB's." Didn't have their starter. Neither do the Steelers, who beat us again...or Colts who we beat and just got thumped by Atlanta. I didn't talk about some used to be stuff. 

None had a Joe level QB or #28 best OL. Apples to oranges

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 12:56 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: None had a Joe level QB or #28 best OL. Apples to oranges

And still won without a Joe level QB, is what I am saying. 

Don't have to run a put a cape on every time someone isn't gushing all over our coach. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 01:07 AM)Destro Wrote: And still won without a Joe level QB, is what I am saying. 

Don't have to run a put a cape on every time someone isn't gushing all over our coach. 

They had a good OL. It’s not hard Destro

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 01:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't get the Mike Tomlin love around here. Yeah, he's never had a losing season. He also cheats and teaches his players to play dirtier than any other team in the league, including the Raiders. He's scum.

John Madden, never had a losing season, one SB win. 

As for cheating and teaching his players to play dirty ...

https://www.tiktok.com/@snapbacksports/video/7296504892934622510

https://www.instagram.com/snapbacksports_/p/CzGuw8AMIMW/

[Image: 81pE-I66JOL._SY522_.jpg][Image: 51iS13Ah9CL._SY522_.jpg]

Is he scum as well or is that just reserved for Tomlin? Hmm

By the way, I loved John Madden, especially against the Steelers.  Tongue

Honorable Mentions

Chuck Knoll Hated him  Whatever
Bill Cowher Hated him Whatever

Jerry Glanville Loved him 
Buddy Ryan Loved Him
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 07:31 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: John Madden, never had a losing season, one SB win. 

As for cheating and teaching his players to play dirty ...

https://www.tiktok.com/@snapbacksports/video/7296504892934622510

https://www.instagram.com/snapbacksports_/p/CzGuw8AMIMW/

[Image: 81pE-I66JOL._SY522_.jpg][Image: 51iS13Ah9CL._SY522_.jpg]

Is he scum as well or is that just reserved for Tomlin? Hmm

By the way, I loved John Madden, especially against the Steelers.  Tongue

Honorable Mentions

Chuck Knoll Hated him  Whatever
Bill Cowher Hated him Whatever

Jerry Glanville Loved him 
Buddy Ryan Loved Him

Yep, Madden was scum too.
Reply/Quote
My view is this and I don't think it's controversial:

The Bengals are built to go on deep AFC playoff runs if health is reasonably intact. Their best players are elite offensive skill guys that beat defenses by being just plain better athletes with a hyper-processing qb distributing the ball. The defense is (was) built to limit big plays while the offense scores fast. This plays beautifully vs the Buffalos ad KCs. It works against the teams you play in January, ie the ones you need to get past to make it to the big game.

Unfortunately, sometimes it doesn't work against division rivals. Every team in this division that's not the Bengals is built to slow down games. They suffocate offenses with elite pass rushing DLs and in turn beat up defenses in the run game. It's hard to get big leads against teams that do those things well, and all 3 teams that rival us seem to execute that as well as any in the league. In short, they make other teams play their game.

This isn't to say that talent doesn't win out. The Bengals have imposed their will on Baltimore and Pittsburgh in seasons when health is more in our favor and those teams were going through similar identity issues to our current ones. The Browns are confounding. I can't explain that shit.

This division eats it's own. Whoever makes it out alive is going to be maimed in the process. Look at our o-line after playing the Ravens twice in a row last year. That was some shit luck. If that doesn't go down that way and we go into KC with Cappa and Jonah, we might have had a Lombardi in Cincinnati. It cuts both ways. I don't see the Browns getting far in the playoffs. The Ravens are better built for it, but the flaws are there. An intact Bengals roster going into the wild card round is scarier than either team to opponents outside of the division.
Reply/Quote