Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three Of Us In The Wreck: Here's Where We Are Now
This is more of just a thread for me to let everything out because I know I'm going to be asked about them at my presentations and I'm just trying to get my head straight.

We were all best friends and the three of us were in the wreck when we were 15. They both got into drugs real bad after the wreck, which I just felt like was them kicking me while I was down, especially since the driver kept breaking house arrest while I was laying in the hospital fighting for my life. The passenger still came around once every week or two, but he stopped hanging around the people we did before the wreck (besides for the driver) and we never talked about anything from the wreck. I don't think he has tried to see me since I started college 17(?) years ago. There was a restraining order on the driver til he turned 18 and I hated him because, like I said, I felt like him breaking house arrest and doing drugs was just shitting on me while I was laying in a coma (and then still when I got out of the hospital).

I forgave the driver the summer after we turned 18 when the restraining order ended, but then he threw it back in my face multiple times, like when he tried to kill himself by jumping in front of a semi and then posted on my wall that he hopes I'm happy because did it for my birthday present.

Now, the driver was in jail for stabbing his brother with a screwdriver and then attacking guards multiple times in jail and in the courtroom, but I just got an email that he was released on mandatory reentry supervision, whatever that means. (Kind of a joke that you can stab your brother twice, act a fool in jail, attack guards multiple times, and only get less than 9 years in jail if he's out now.)

And I just heard the passenger is in rehab now for alcohol (I think because I don't think he's on drugs anymore, besides maybe weed, which there's legal foods that are more harmful than weed, so who gives a shit), which has been bugging me. Maybe he got a DUI and he was forced to go in or do jail time (I think I did hear he recently got a DUI). I might be able to understand more if it was PTSD from being in the wreck, but he doesn't remember getting back in the car before we went and got gas, came back, and then went joy riding.

In the question/answer session of my presentation, when someone asks me if I'm still friends with both of them, I think I'm going to just answer "the passenger is in rehab and the driver has been in jail for stabbing his brother twice with a screwdriver........." Then I'll say "he's......" and then do the little twirling my finger up by my head to symbolize that he's crazy.

Kind of messed up that they both walked away without a bruise and I'm where I am and they're where they are.
Reply/Quote