Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three Overlooked Things, Week One
(09-16-2015, 08:44 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I was holding my breath scared of an injury every time we were running on it.  I don't know if it makes sense but none the less I was nervous
Me too...  After they showed their cleats just floating on top of it.  The warning track takes up 1/4of their end zones.  That stadium is a dump.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 02:01 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: 1. Oakland should be embarrassed, playing football on a baseball diamond! How bush league is that? 

I've been to many baseball stadiums in my lifetime, and I can say without a doubt that the Coliseum is the worst by far. I remember telling my brother that it looked like a little league stadium. Now, with that said, it's so damn terrible that it's almost charming. It's kinda like, "Hey look! I'm at the absolute worst venue in all of baseball. Isn't that unique?" Every time you go it's an adventure.

3. PFF has Clint Boling as its #1 Guard from Week One. Mikey just extended him in the offseason, and prior to the contract extension Boling was RotoWorld's #3 in free agency. Mike Zimmer tried desperately to lure Boling away to Minny. (This is one season removed from a rebuilt knee!)

I was really pumped when we drafted Boling. He just looked like a solid, dependable workhorse of a lineman. Injuries have derailed his career up to this point, but if he can stay healthy (a big if), I really think he has a chance to become a pro bowl level guard. Really like what I saw from him last week.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 02:51 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Much like Geno, he's had a full season to get used to his legs again and seems to have gotten the power back in them.

This.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 09:26 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Boling, Atkins, Green, (Williams)

Damn UGAs best NFL talent lives here

Pretty much.  Except for Justin Houston.  And Georgia has a lot of pretty good players in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Our young QB has past 100 career TDs after week 1. with 2 i think he needs 27 more to move up a peg on the all time bengal leaderboard.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 07:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly, I kinda liked seeing them play on a baseball diamond. It's different and it reminds me of the old days when lots of teams played on fields that had visible diamonds on them. It certainly didn't seem to affect play.

I grew up in the Bay Area so I was used to seeing the 49ers play on diamond early in the season. I always enjoyed it and thought that it was unique. Then I played HS football and we would practice on the baseball field sometimes. When it came to running and getting tackled on that thing, it sucked.

(09-16-2015, 08:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Boling didn't have the strength early on in his career to play RG, especially up to Bobbie Williams play at the time.

He has gained a lot of strength since and is becoming a top tier LG in the league.

Boling has never been suited for RG. I was hoping he'd show something, but I didn't have the highest hopes. Leading up to the draft pretty much every draft analyst said Boling was only fit for the left side of the line. Needless to say, we had to rotate him because he was really struggling.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I was very happy with the edge the defense played with on Sunday. They got a little carried away after the whistle at times, but they played great football.

I was pleasantly surprised with how well Leon Hall played. I've been a bit critical of him in the past, as it seems like he's lost a step with all of the injuries that he's been through--making him a bit of a liability in the past (thinking of the Steelers game last year where the rookie blew by him). But you certainly can't question his passion, dedication, and football IQ.

Also happy with Dalton and the oline. We have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball, I'm looking forward to watching us the rest of the way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote