Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three Site Simulation Comparison
So I wanted to see just how differently a simulation would turn out from the three main sites given the same criteria. I ran a simulation on PFF, Pro Football Network, and Mock Draft Database using the following criteria:

* No trades!

* Areas of need that I considered:
    RT, IDL pass rush, DE depth, CB depth, TE1, IOL depth, RB

* I feel safety is in pretty good shape right now between youth and veteran presence and experience.

* I feel the starting DE is in great shape and Ossai adds an awesome next off the bench and relief.

* I like the NT position and depth there in Reader and Tupou.

* I like BJ Hill but I would like someone to challenge him and I feel like Carter almost needs to drop some weight and play DE.

* We need solid depth on the IOL.

For each selection I was looking for what I felt was the best value given immediate needs and the three following posts will show how the simulation ended up for each site.
Reply/Quote
[attachment=2043]
Reply/Quote
[attachment=2044]
Reply/Quote
[attachment=2046]
Reply/Quote
I have to say that PFN is definitely my favorite but I find it doubtful that Karl Brooks is going to be available in the 6th round. However, if we could land this haul I would probably dance naked in the streets!

Mock Draft Database #2 would be my next favorite with PFF rounding out my preferences. However, I believe all three would serve the franchise very well and would meet there immediate needs.

PFF would rely Bergeron and how quickly he could take the RT spot. He is experienced at both tackle spots. Also, it is weakest at TE. I like Strange but he is about the least dynamic in the receiving game and may be more of an H-back than a TE but he is a good blocker.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 11:10 AM)OSUfan Wrote: I have to say that PFN is definitely my favorite but I find it doubtful that Karl Brooks is going to be available in the 6th round. However, if we could land this haul I would probably dance naked in the streets!

Mock Draft Database #2 would be my next favorite with PFF rounding out my preferences. However, I believe all three would serve the franchise very well and would meet there immediate needs.

PFF would rely Bergeron and how quickly he could take the RT spot. He is experienced at both tackle spots. Also, it is weakest at TE. I like Strange but he is about the least dynamic in the receiving game and may be more of an H-back than a TE but he is a good blocker.

The PFN one is my favorite, by far.

You get who I think will be a good RT, someone who has great potential at TE to the point he could become a Top 10 TE in the league once he acclimates to the NFL from FCS, and a really fast, good CB.
As for Spears, I like him with the ball in his hands. It sounds like he was underutilized as a pass catcher in college. Is he big enough to handle pass blocking? Scouting Reports I've read suggest he's not the right guy for that due to lack of size. While he measured in at 201 lbs at the Combine, his listed weight in college was 190 lbs. Is he going to be able to stay at 200+ lbs in the NFL? Size and pass blocking would be about the only things that would deter me from this Mighty Mouse.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 06:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The PFN one is my favorite, by far.

You get who I think will be a good RT, someone who has great potential at TE to the point he could become a Top 10 TE in the league once he acclimates to the NFL from FCS, and a really fast, good CB.
As for Spears, I like him with the ball in his hands. It sounds like he was underutilized as a pass catcher in college. Is he big enough to handle pass blocking? Scouting Reports I've read suggest he's not the right guy for that due to lack of size. While he measured in at 201 lbs at the Combine, his listed weight in college was 190 lbs. Is he going to be able to stay at 200+ lbs in the NFL? Size and pass blocking would be about the only things that would deter me from this Mighty Mouse.

Well then there is nothing to deter you from Spears. He should only get stronger in a NFL strength training and nutrition program and here is what the Senior Bowl coaching staff said about Spears and pass blocking...
Quote:Wednesday brought more explosive, fastest-guy-on-the-field runs from the 5-foot-9, 204-pound back who rushed for 1,581 yards and 19 touchdowns in 2022, including 17-205-4 in the Cotton Bowl against USC. Spears also stood out in pass protection drills, where a running back demonstrates whether or not coaches will trust him enough to put him on the field as a rookie.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2023/tyjae-spears-evan-hull-storm-senior-bowl
Reply/Quote