Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Three Straight Road Games: An Observation
(11-12-2021, 09:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Exactly, Sled.  What Burrow is doing in his first 18 games (?) thus far is incredible.  He didn't get to sit a year.  He had COVID take away a lot of his live practice and preseason games.  In fact, he hasn't played in a single preseason game.  This, all on top of a devastating knee injury that ended his rookie campaign prematurely.

If the defense rose up and forced even a couple punts, I think that game becomes a shootout.  

One thing about Burrow, and he did this against the steelers on the road coming off a horrible loss:  He never has back-to-back clunkers.  He always adjusts and comes back even more determined.  

Maybe he will make a liar out of me with a clunker at Vegas, but I really doubt it.  I am very confident in Joe.  My biggest fear right now is Chido being able to play off the COVID list.  I believe he is vaccinated, but they really need that guy.  

Yes, thankfully if this was going to happen, it happened during the bye week. Freakin' Chubb spreading his cooties all over the NFL
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 08:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This next game at Vegas is huge.   I know we tend to say that every week, but I believe the defense will find the energy they had lost and will take down the Raiders.

After that, five of the next seven are at home.  Very exciting!

Oh, and I forgot to say:  "THANKS DOLPHINS!!!"   Hilarious

Think the Phins watched what we did to Lamar and did a lot of the same things. They made him look even worse lol

If the Phins actually had a run game and a decent QB they could be good. I like that D I saw last night.

(11-12-2021, 09:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Remember when Burrow took the offense down the field on the first drive of the Browns game? Got right to the end zone, then threw the pick 6?  Remember when Burrow then turned right around and marched them down the field and scored? I've seen too many Bengals teams that would fold when adversity hit to negate the influencing of this team by JoeyB

Same here, Joe hits back after he gets hit. He isn't going to give in that is for damn sure.

Proud of our guy, he just needs to stop throwing INTS is all. 

I keep saying this every week though, maybe I should just stop. Mellow

(11-12-2021, 09:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Exactly, Sled.  What Burrow is doing in his first 18 games (?) thus far is incredible.  He didn't get to sit a year.  He had COVID take away a lot of his live practice and preseason games.  In fact, he hasn't played in a single preseason game.  This, all on top of a devastating knee injury that ended his rookie campaign prematurely.

If the defense rose up and forced even a couple punts, I think that game becomes a shootout.  

One thing about Burrow, and he did this against the steelers on the road coming off a horrible loss:  He never has back-to-back clunkers.  He always adjusts and comes back even more determined.  

Maybe he will make a liar out of me with a clunker at Vegas, but I really doubt it.  I am very confident in Joe.  My biggest fear right now is Chido being able to play off the COVID list.  I believe he is vaccinated, but they really need that guy.  

Chido man, sure hope he plays, he has been great this year. Need to see our Defense get back to what it was before we 
faced the Jets. This Bye week is huge for our D.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think the Phins watched what we did to Lamar and did a lot of the same things. They made him look even worse lol

If the Phins actually had a run game and a decent QB they could be good. I like that D I saw last night.

Phins got a little lucky that Rats were coming off an OT game, traveling, and the short week.  But they did have a good gameplan on defense.  I liked all those bodies at the LOS.  I wish we had that more aggressive style more often.  I think it fires up your whole team.  Creates turnovers.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote