Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical: IF we fill several starting needs in free agency...
(03-11-2019, 04:20 PM)SladeX Wrote: Has he shown top ourside corner play so far?
If not, does he have the physical tools to get coached up to that level?
If either is "yes", can Dre then be cut and his money used to resign Dennard?

If we cut Dre then we create another hole.

Kirkpatrick is a very good CB.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If we cut Dre then we create another hole.

Kirkpatrick is a very good CB.

Nobody believes you. Dre can’t cover , can’t tackle and can’t catch a cold.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And you still think we would go DT, WR, or QB before CB in the first round?

Confused

I do.

Dennard is nothing special. He's a bust.
Reply/Quote
Dre is average, everyone knows this but they pay him like a top tier CB. - that is the issue.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:46 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Dre is average, everyone knows this but they pay him like a top tier CB. - that is the issue.

Uzomah's contract is now worse. There's that.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I do.

I don't understand.

How does him being a bust mean we don't need to replace him?

In your scenario who are our 3 CBs?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand.

How does him being a bust mean we don't need to replace him?

In your scenario who are our 3 CBs?

Maybe they signed Hart to a 3 year $21 million deal to play CB?

You know, there are other CB's that are free agents than Dennard? There are also some in the draft. I'm sure of it.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:46 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Dre is average, everyone knows this but they pay him like a top tier CB. - that is the issue.

Right now Dre is in the 12-15 range in pay for CBs.  He will drop a few slots by the time free agency is over.  He is not overpaid.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You know, there are other CB's that are free agents than Dennard? There are also some in the draft. I'm sure of it.

So how much to you spend on a free agent to replace Dennard, or what round do you take a CB? 

Since you listed three positions ahaead of CB I am assuming somewhere around the fourth round?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right now Dre is in the 12-15 range in pay for CBs.  He will drop a few slots by the time free agency is over.  He is not overpaid.

Lol

He is the 96 ranked cb on pff...

VERY GOOD!!!
Reply/Quote
Yeah we definitely need to use a 1st round pick to replace a mediocre slot corner. 

That, or just sign another mediocre corner like BW Webb. See, now we can use that 1st rounder elsewhere.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 02:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You did not mention re-signing Dennard.

If we don't do that then CB in round one is almost a lock.

I understand CB is a key position, but we have our 2 starting CB's under contract with Dre and Jackson. Do we really go after a 3rd CB when we have other big needs? My point is far from a lock in my opinion.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I do.

I don't see him as a bust, but I also don't see him as a star we have to over pay to keep.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If Ed Oliver is there at 11, Bengals should waste no time with the selection. If he’s gone , I like Hockenson or White. K’neal Harry would be a great 2nd round pick but we also need to get some OL help. If we could start out with Oliver, Harry, and Grier I would be stoked. Get OL in the next few rounds.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't see him as a bust, but I also don't see him as a star we have to over pay to keep.

He has 3 INT's and 17 passes defensed in 5 years. Poor PFF ratings. 

I'd say that's a bust. Not an Akili Smith level bust, but maybe a Reinard Wilson level bust...although Wilson's best season far exceeds anything Dennard did.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He has 3 INT's and 17 passes defensed in 5 years. Poor PFF ratings. 

I'd say that's a bust. Not an Akili Smith level bust, but maybe a Reinard Wilson level bust...although Wilson's best season far exceeds anything Dennard did.

Pick a CB with the 18th pick in the first and you hope he’s better than Dennard has been.
Reply/Quote