Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three militia members accused of bomb plot targeting Somali immigrants
(11-28-2016, 06:15 PM)Benton Wrote: So... bombing of churches should be ok since someone from Somalia attacked students at OSU?

Weird these thing come up if am immigrant is the alleged attacker...not when its a white US citizen.

Weird.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-28-2016, 06:15 PM)Benton Wrote: So... bombing of churches should be ok since someone from Somalia attacked students at OSU?

UUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

No.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-28-2016, 06:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Weird these thing come up if am immigrant is the alleged attacker...not when its a white US citizen.

Weird.

No doubt. I've noticed the forum is flooded with new threads on the matter.

(11-28-2016, 06:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: UUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

No.

Good. I wasn't sure what point you were trying to make in connecting the two events.
(11-28-2016, 07:00 PM)Benton Wrote: Good. I wasn't sure what point you were trying to make in connecting the two events.

Who knows? Perhaps no one can crack the code.

(11-28-2016, 06:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. I've noticed the forum is flooded with new threads on the matter.

Who said anything about new threads?
(11-28-2016, 06:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Weird these thing come up if am immigrant is the alleged attacker...not when its a white US citizen.

Weird.

I know....no one gets killed or injured = no news.  Run over a few people, stab a few people...and THEN the racist media goes after the immigrant.  Go figure.
--------------------------------------------------------

(11-28-2016, 07:33 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I know....no one gets killed or injured = no news.  Run over a few people, stab a few people...and THEN the racist media goes after the immigrant.  Go figure.

I think he was talking about here on the boards.  Not the media.
(11-28-2016, 07:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows? Perhaps no one can crack the code.

Speaking of "code" I think it is against the COC to post information in a thread that has nothing to do with the original topic.
How is the current news story related to the OP?  Like Benton, I also am not seeing any connection.

And why are you using a coxe instead of just saying what you mean?  What are you afraid of?
(11-28-2016, 07:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows? Perhaps no one can crack the code.

If you speak plainly, people generally don't have to guess. Cuts down on confusion.

But if you'd care to elaborate on how a planned attack against Muslims by U.S. citizens is related to a Somali immigrant attacking students, I'll be happy to listen.
(11-28-2016, 07:33 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I know....no one gets killed or injured = no news.  Run over a few people, stab a few people...and THEN the racist media goes after the immigrant.  Go figure.

(11-28-2016, 07:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think he was talking about here on the boards.  Not the media.

ThumbsUp

Weekend before last four police officers were killed in the line of duty...not one thread here.

But now....

Mellow
(11-28-2016, 08:11 PM)Benton Wrote: If you speak plainly, people generally don't have to guess. Cuts down on confusion.

But if you'd care to elaborate on how a planned attack against Muslims by U.S. citizens is related to a Somali immigrant attacking students, I'll be happy to listen.

Hell, I just asked had anyone heard anything about Somali Immigrants lately in a thread about Somali Immigrants. 

I can only imagine how happy you would be to listen.

(11-28-2016, 07:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Speaking of "code" I think it is against the COC to post information in a thread that has nothing to do with the original topic.
How is the current news story related to the OP?  Like Benton, I also am not seeing any connection.

And why are you using a coxe instead of just saying what you mean?  What are you afraid of?

I cannot be held responsible if folks cannot see the common denominator in the two instances. 

pppssssttttt.... I wasn't really using code (that was sarcasm); I felt to similarity in the two actions was obvious. Perhaps I over-estimated the audience.  

(11-28-2016, 08:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: ThumbsUp

Weekend before last four police officers were killed in the line of duty...not one thread here.

But now....

Mellow

I think overall, race conversations will simmer down and we'll see less agendas being pushed by both sides. I don't frequent Breitbart as I prefer my news without heaping helpings of hate and make believe, but I've heard they've dialed it back lately as they're busy polling readers to determine the next SoS, or something to that effect. I think most nationalists will stop beating the war drums now that they don't need to use it for election purposes, and without an indecisive and ineffective DoJ, I don't think some lawmakers will keep pushing the story that violence by police against minorities is the norm.

(11-28-2016, 08:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, I just asked had anyone heard anything about Somali Immigrants lately in a thread about Somali Immigrants. 

I can only imagine how happy you would be to listen.

It would be a better world if more people had concern for the safety of immigrants. Or just the safety of people all together. Unfortunately, not everybody has your compassion.
(11-28-2016, 08:49 PM)Benton Wrote: It would be a better world if more people had concern for the safety of immigrants. Or just the safety of people all together. Unfortunately, not everybody has your compassion.
Hell, there are plenty folks concerned with the safety of American Citizens and people all together; unfortunately, not everyone shares their concern. 

Now that everyone is done playing stupid:

The post is relevant as the OP was about Somali immigrants and his comment on the story was about extreme vetting of terrorists. It was further an attempted slight at those that make/made threads about immigrants committing acts of terror.

Now we have a Somali immigrant committing what can be classified as an act of terrorism on the 3rd most populous College Campus in the Nation and we go hours with cricket sounds. Figured this was the perfect place to post the reply. 

Given, you are the moderator and if you think it is more appropriate to give it its own shiny new thread then perhaps I'll oblige.  

(11-28-2016, 08:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Weekend before last four police officers were killed in the line of duty...not one thread here.

But now....

Why didn't you start a thread about it then?  Oh wait, that's right....
--------------------------------------------------------

(11-28-2016, 09:02 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Why didn't you start a thread about it then?  Oh wait, that's right....

Actually I did about an earlier event...but the suspect was a white guy and well, the thread just died.  Sad
(11-28-2016, 08:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Figured this was the perfect place to post the reply. 

There is your problem.

By posting in a thread about blowing up Somali immigrants we are forced to assume that you are bringing this up to justify blowing up Somali immigrants.  Why else would you post it here instead of starting a new thread?
(11-28-2016, 10:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is your problem.

By posting in a thread about blowing up Somali immigrants we are forced to assume that you are bringing this up to justify blowing up Somali immigrants.  Why else would you post it here instead of starting a new thread?

Well you know what they say about assumptions.

I have explained my reasoning  for posting it here and the relevance. 

I have learned that folks prefer you create a new thread instead of posting in one that already exists that has relevance. 

BTW, no Somalis were blown up in the OP, just a suspected operation.

(11-28-2016, 10:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well you know what they say about assumptions.

You mean "I wish people would say what they mean so we would not have to assume what they are trying to say"?