Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three-pronged attack
(08-28-2016, 04:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not pleased that he is not being the alpha and taking it over either.

But he is coming off an injury and has looked good to me when he was healthy. 

Still think Dennard will pay dividends and still like that DC has faith in others as well.

Just looks like it is going to be another situation where the Bengals use a 1st round pick and pay $16m+ for just two years of an okay-ish CB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 02:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Only thing that says to me is that Dennard (a first round pick) is having to share time with a 4th round pick and an undrafted kid. That doesn't exactly bolster confidence in the Dennard pick.

LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 02:43 AM)Jpoore Wrote: So saw this a while ago but nobody has posted anhthing yes, so i figured i would. Guenther said he was going to go with a three-pronged attack at slot corner with dennard shaw and lewis-harris. Deoending on situation, look, and gameplan will determine whose in there at what times.Is it just me or does this worry people? Im a believer of a corner needs to be in there for a little to get used to what the reciever is gonna do. Say you have dennard in there for a quarter is getting comfortable with the reciever not biting on fakes etc. Then you put a corner in there for his first play hes not gonna be as good as someone whose been covering him for a whole quarter as opposed to someone just off the bench.

From what i have seen of these Corners it doesn't worry me much. They are all good tacklers and it means more speed
when you need it. Also wouldn't mind seeing Shawn Williams lined up as a nickle linebacker at times like we have seen.

Shawn played great in this role IMHO.

In the end as long as your CB's and Safeties can tackle it is a good move. If not...

Put in Vigil. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 02:55 PM)TGISunday Wrote: first of all, where is this coming from? I'd like to see it. Is it in reference to preseason? That's just about evaluation, no one game plans for these games.

I forget where i saw it it was about a week ago and it was in reference to a question that was asked about who was gonna be the starting slot cb week 1. He replied to the extent of all three will be starting corners based on gameplan, matchup etc. But he said there will not be just 1 starting corner all 3 will start.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 03:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If a first round pick is in a three way shared play time situation, then he's failed at being a first round pick. Just how it is, man.

Nobody uses first round picks on players who'll play 33% of the 70% of the time the defense is using a nickle back.

Where did you get that he would only play 33% of the time.  Even if Guenther did say he was using three different players no one said it would be split equally.
Reply/Quote