Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Through 3 weeks, Josh shaw has...
Per Pro Football Focus, Shaw has allowed a passer rating of 0.0.

That's an amazing job by him and I think we got a steal in the 2015 draft. I see Shaw's potential as a starter for us very soon, he's making most of his opportunity.

He will most likely start slot tonight due to Kirkpatrick's injury.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I haven't really been paying attention to all of the times he has been on the field. Do you know how many snaps he has actually played and how many passes defended?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 12:00 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I haven't really been paying attention to all of the times he has been on the field. Do you know how many snaps he has actually played and how many passes defended?

Through 3 weeks, he's played 41% of defensive snaps and has 1 passes defended and 1 INT.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2016-snap-counts.htm
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2971605/josh-shaw

Reply/Quote
Good stuff man. Shaw Island what what?
Reply/Quote
He's been quite active on STs as well, being the first to get the runner wrapped up at least a few times.  
Reply/Quote
I liked what little I saw of Shaw last year. I'm a straight up fan if his now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Shaw has been so far so good. Excited to see him play tonight. I fully expect the secondary to look 100x better tonight simply because Burfict will be on the field.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 11:54 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Per Pro Football Focus, Shaw has allowed a passer rating of 0.0.

That's an amazing job by him and I think we got a steal in the 2015 draft. I see Shaw's potential as a starter for us very soon, he's making most of his opportunity.

He will most likely start slot tonight due to Kirkpatrick's injury.

Thought he was playing great but that is amazing. Really thought Shaw played great as a rookie last year and
thought he could push for a starting job somewhere if someone wasn't playing up to par, but damn.

Dude has been great so far this season. Very physical too, i remember that one hit he put on a player i think it
was against the Steelers. Just stood the Returner up and slammed him, Shaw is built. So versatile as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought he was playing great but that is amazing. Really thought Shaw played great as a rookie last year and
thought he could push for a starting job somewhere if someone wasn't playing up to par, but damn.

Dude has been great so far this season. Very physical too, i remember that one hit he put on a player i think it
was against the Steelers. Just stood the Returner up and slammed him, Shaw is built. So versatile as well.

Indeed, he is quite built and versatile... can play safety as well Big Grin

Reply/Quote
Shaw has been amazing for us. I was excited when we got him and all he's done is exceed expectations. I still feel that he'll wind up as a starter before his rookie deal is up.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I still think Shaw eventually becomes a starting safety, but really liked what he's done on the field so far both as a Bengal and a Trojan.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Shaw will get a chance tonight on Jarvis Landry. If he comes away with the same stat line then he may have a claim to the starting position.
Reply/Quote
What, you mean that it doesn't always take 3-4 years of injuries and "he's basically a rookie" for a CB to become a starter, or otherwise have a large impact on the defense? Is that allowed? Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nice stats for the playing time.
He was such a steal in that draft, honestly I couldn't understand why he made it past the 2nd round, must less fell to us in the 4th.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 04:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Nice stats for the playing time.
He was such a steal in that draft, honestly I couldn't understand why he made it past the 2nd round, must less fell to us in the 4th.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/08/27/josh-shaw-tells-to-usc-officials-he-lied-about-rescue-story/14708921/

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 04:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/08/27/josh-shaw-tells-to-usc-officials-he-lied-about-rescue-story/14708921/

Yea, basically this. Kind of a big red flag, also I think there were some questions on if he'd HAVE to move to safety or if he could play CB in the NFL.
Reply/Quote