Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thus would be a perfect year for Wyche to help out Zamp.g
Given the influx of new blood on offense and how Zampese struggled to get the offense
On track last year I feel like it's time to have another point of view on offense
In the form of Sam Wyche
Sam knew exactly how to put the talent together on offense and make it work
Yeah the Bengals brough in speed and youth at RB\WR but Zampese even know how to use it?
Imo Zampese has no excuses for this offense to struggle
If this offense isn't scoring 24 a game on average by week 4 there's problems
I think having a Sam Wyche can only help
Reply/Quote
He might have to spend a lot of his creativity on scheming around his line, both to pass and to run.

If he can address that or his line comes through, the rest should fall into place. If Andy has time and there are holes to run through, he should have lots of ways to exploit defenses. Weapon- wise, what more could he ask for?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I agree chimpanze needed to get this team on the same page! Wyche seemed to do that. But,has he got his voice back? He was the coach who got us to the Super Bowl!
Reply/Quote
I thought Sam was in pretty bad shape health wise. I know he's coaching High School in SC not too far from me here in Charlotte. I know he was tinkering in politics. He was my favorite Bengals coach by far, and one of my all time favorite NFL coaches. Words could not describe how happy I would be with Sam back in Cincy.

Yayyy Post 1111
Reply/Quote
Sam and Mike aren't exactly pals, are they?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure what kind of relationship Sam/Marvin has
But I do know Wyche has forgotten more fball than Zamp will ever know.
I understand the front office drafting fast speed guys for the offense but what adding some knowledge to the coaching staff
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 10:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I'm not sure what kind of relationship Sam/Marvin has
But I do know Wyche has forgotten more fball than Zamp will ever know.
I understand the front office drafting fast speed guys for the offense but what adding some knowledge to the coaching staff

It isn't the relationship between Marvin and Sam that is pertinent, if even existent. It's what happened between Mike Brown and Sam Wyche that's why we won't see Sam in Cincinnati again. http://articles.latimes.com/1991-12-25/sports/sp-870_1_head-coach

Since it's been over 25 years since this happened, younger fans may not be aware of the 'bad blood' between Brown and Wyche.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
A stressfull position may not be in Sams' best interest.
He had a heart transplant in 2016.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 05:45 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Given the influx of new blood on offense and  how Zampese struggled to get the offense
On track last year I feel like it's time to have another point of view on offense
In the form of Sam Wyche
Sam knew exactly how to put the talent together on offense and make it work
Yeah the Bengals brough in speed and youth at RB\WR but Zampese even know how to use it?
Imo Zampese has no excuses for this offense to struggle
If this offense isn't scoring 24 a game on average by week 4 there's problems
I think having a Sam Wyche can only help

You mean a 1st year Coordinator who lost his 2nd and 3rd receivers to free agency, who lost his #1 receiver for numerous games, who lost his #1 tight end for half the season, who's #1 running back ran like crap, and who had to scheme behind an underperforming Oline didn't meet your expectations? I'm a huge Sam Wyche fan, but Zampese in no way deserves to be undercut like that going into his 2nd season....
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 08:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You mean a 1st year Coordinator who lost his 2nd and 3rd receivers to free agency, who lost his #1 receiver for numerous games, who lost his #1 tight end for half the season, who's #1 running back ran like crap, and who had to scheme behind an underperforming Oline didn't meet your expectations? I'm a huge Sam Wyche fan, but Zampese in no way deserves to be undercut like that going into his 2nd season....

Rep.

People act like Hue Jackson is an offensive guru, but he did not do that great his first year as Bengals OC, and unlike Zampese he had been an OC in the NFL before.

Too much criticism on these boards is based on perception and personal feelings instead of actual facts.

If Zampese was an highly-skilled accomplished musician some people here would be making fun of him for that.
Reply/Quote
I feel like Zampese tried too much to replicate the offense from last year then create his own scheme/offense.

I plan on seeing more new good things out of the offense this year as Zampese hopefully.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Going to a 72 year old to come up with a scheme on a side of the ball predicated by innovation doesn't seem like a good move, but rather wishfully trying to recapture the glory days.
Reply/Quote
hows about you give zamp a chance. sure he is a bit weird and speaks like Marlon Brando in island of doctor moreau, but he earned the chance and has only done it a single year

if they fail this season than he's probably out with marvin

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The o-line was and is the problem. If you think the bengals are going to score 24 points a game with this front 5 you have a year of frustration ahead of you. Zampeze is doing fine with what he has. And you must be a new bengals fan if you think old Sam would ever come back to cincy. I am actually lol just thinking how that phone call would go down...
Reply/Quote
Hilarious
Maybe the fans don't want Sam givin them hell about living in Cleveland!
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 10:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: Going to a 72 year old to come up with a scheme on a side of the ball predicated by innovation doesn't seem like a good move, but rather wishfully trying to recapture the glory days.

More rep.

Wyche has been out of the league for an entire generation.

Plus he was not the genius that some here seem to believe.  In twelve years as an NFL HC he only had THREE winning seasons.  His record with the Bengals was under .500 (61-66) and his record with the Bucs was horrific (23-41).

I love that Sam took us to the Super Bowl, and he was innovative in his time, but he was no football genius that could out scheme any defense.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 10:52 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: The o-line was and is the problem.   If you think the bengals are going to score 24 points a game with this front 5 you have a year of frustration ahead of you.  Zampeze is doing fine with what he has. And you must be a new bengals fan if you think old Sam would ever come back to cincy. I am actually lol just thinking how that phone call would go down...

here comes the oline guys riding in to set the record straight.  well you should be happy because 2 of those guys have been replaced now.  so congrats

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 07:52 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I thought Sam was in pretty bad shape health wise. I know he's coaching High School in SC not too far from me here in Charlotte. I know he was tinkering in politics. He was my favorite Bengals coach by far, and one of my all time favorite NFL coaches. Words could not describe how happy I would be with Sam back in Cincy.

Yayyy Post 1111

He is doing great with his transplant, I follow him on Facebook.  Sam had been keepinig in shape, but had a bad ticker, it's fixed now, and he's getting stronger with each day.

(05-07-2017, 10:44 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: It isn't the relationship between Marvin and Sam that is pertinent, if even existent. It's what happened between Mike Brown and Sam Wyche that's why we won't see Sam in Cincinnati again. http://articles.latimes.com/1991-12-25/sports/sp-870_1_head-coach

Since it's been over 25 years since this happened, younger fans may not be aware of the 'bad blood' between Brown and Wyche.

According to coach, they have buried the hatchet.

(05-08-2017, 10:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: Going to a 72 year old to come up with a scheme on a side of the ball predicated by innovation doesn't seem like a good move, but rather wishfully trying to recapture the glory days.

You mean like the facets of his offense they are still running today?  Typically, I would agree, but an innovator is an innovator.  Sam still studies the game, keeps current, and often even adds insight to today's goings on.  Sam even offered a couple of years ago to help tutor Dalton along, because he "liked what he saw" in Andy, but felt he just needed a little tweaking.  Then, came House and Hue Jackson.  Some on here like to sell him short for his record with an organization with 5 playoff wins TOTAL in the entirety of its lifespan, but the guy knows how to exploit matchups, and always has.  Coaching IU against Big 10 heavyweights in the 1980s?  No problem, just condition the hell out of your squad and run the no huddle as base offense to narrow the talent gap.  Came up with the outlawed "sugar huddle" to go along with running the no huddle, and the complex language to run no huddle offense as a base.  He also almost won a Super Bowl against a legendary dynasty with a QB who had a bum shoulder entering the playoffs, against the QB he tutored as a rookie in Joe Montana.  Went on to draft the cornerstones of the Super Bowl Champion Buccaneers in Warren Sapp, John Lynch, and Derrick Brooks.  The guy is no slouch, even in his 70s.  Plenty of articles out there about it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 12:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: You mean like the facets of his offense they are still running today?  Typically, I would agree, but an innovator is an innovator.  Sam still studies the game, keeps current, and often even adds insight to today's goings on.  Sam even offered a couple of years ago to help tutor Dalton along, because he "liked what he saw" in Andy, but felt he just needed a little tweaking.  Then, came House and Hue Jackson.  Some on here like to sell him short for his record with an organization with 5 playoff wins TOTAL in the entirety of its lifespan, but the guy knows how to exploit matchups, and always has.  Coaching IU against Big 10 heavyweights in the 1980s?  No problem, just condition the hell out of your squad and run the no huddle as base offense to narrow the talent gap.  Came up with the outlawed "sugar huddle" to go along with running the no huddle, and the complex language to run no huddle offense as a base.  He also almost won a Super Bowl against a legendary dynasty with a QB who had a bum shoulder entering the playoffs, against the QB he tutored as a rookie in Joe Montana.  Went on to draft the cornerstones of the Super Bowl Champion Buccaneers in Warren Sapp, John Lynch, and Derrick Brooks.  The guy is no slouch, even in his 70s.  Plenty of articles out there about it.

The guy who invented the forward pass was innovative too, but I don't think he would still be competitive now. The issue is while he created a scheme with staples still used today, the years people have had to adapt to it make a lot of what was innovative out of it common place. I'm telling you right now, that there are plenty of people today that are better equipped to lead an offense then someone who has coached decades ago. It would be like asking Buddy Ryan to come back and run the 46 defense because it was so innovative and effective back in the 80's.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 02:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: The guy who invented the forward pass was innovative too, but I don't think he would still be competitive now. The issue is while he created a scheme with staples still used today, the years people have had to adapt to it make a lot of what was innovative out of it common place. I'm telling you right now, that there are plenty of people today that are better equipped to lead an offense then someone who has coached decades ago. It would be like asking Buddy Ryan to come back and run the 46 defense because it was so innovative and effective back in the 80's.

Except.....I don't recall anyone saying he would be leading the offense....thought we were just talking about consulting....also, there are exceptions to every rule.  I'm telling you right now, Dick LeBeau was, and is a successful DC in his 70's as is Monte Kiffin.

The fact remains, 20 some odd years later, they are still using A LOT of the things he came up with.  Stop selling the guy short.  He's probably forgotten more about football innovation than Mediocre Marv and His Merry Band of Tenured Bums will ever know.....mainly, winning postseason football. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote