Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ticket prices are absolutely insane
Tiger

Oh how times have changed!
A ticket price increase and no post mentioned Mike Brown being greedy. I guess winning does cure everything...
This team still needs a veteran backup quarterback that can come in if #9 gets hurt and beat teams other than the Steelers. A camp battle is all I'm looking for!
Just saying in May
Reply/Quote
First post on here.

Got tickets in section 154 for the chiefs and poverty city games and American sports ticket prices are outrageous compared to England.

Will be my 11th and 12th Bengals live game and still yet to see a win so fingers crossed it’s about time.
Reply/Quote
You can buy a season ticket on the 50 yard line for $850.

Still has to be one of the lowest price venues in the NFL
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 05:27 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: First post on here.

Got tickets in section 154 for the chiefs and poverty city games and American sports ticket prices are outrageous compared to England.

Will be my 11th and 12th Bengals live game and still yet to see a win so fingers crossed it’s about time.

Welcome to the board! You're potentially 0-12 at live games? That is brutal lmao. Sorry to hear. I went to the first Browns game this year, my first time in Cincinnati. Imagine my disappointment. Are England sports considerably cheaper? I haven't visited any part of the UK, but I visited Spain a few years ago and was looking into buying a ticket for Real Madrid. I remember the prices being similar to NFL tickets. 
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 04:33 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, I have been priced out of going to a game and will enjoy the games on TV this year. The most I have ever paid for a Bengals game is $60 a seat. This is just another item skyrocketing with inflation. lol

Less about inflation and more about supply and demand.  We are good now= more people want to go to the game= price of tickets increase. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 12:18 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Fans who didn't/weren't able to invest in season tix or were buying them when they were in the cellar and diet cheap ate going to get CRUSHED on the 2ndary market now that the team is good.

Oh, wait, what's that you say? You're a Bengals fan who actually WANTS to go to a game now that they are the hottest, most interesting team in the league? You don't say, huh? Welllllll, to quote JB3... "Last year's price ain't this year's price".

I dunno man. I'm just guessing Jets tickets are more expensive than our games. It's all a hustle. You and the guy sitting next to you have paid two separate prices for your seats. The only question is which one of you is the fool that paid more.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 03:45 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Oh how times have changed!
A ticket price increase and no post mentioned Mike Brown being greedy. I guess winning does cure everything...
This team still needs a veteran backup quarterback that can come in if #9 gets hurt and beat teams other than the Steelers. A camp battle is all I'm looking for!
Just saying in May

Yes... As you've pointed out; this team is in no position to lose Joe Burrow, 2 linemen, Ja'Marr Chase, 3 corners, and Jesse Bates.

What if the coaches have to do their jobs at night?

Let's get some depth in here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 09:02 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Welcome to the board! You're potentially 0-12 at live games? That is brutal lmao. Sorry to hear. I went to the first Browns game this year, my first time in Cincinnati. Imagine my disappointment. Are England sports considerably cheaper? I haven't visited any part of the UK, but I visited Spain a few years ago and was looking into buying a ticket for Real Madrid. I remember the prices being similar to NFL tickets. 

Thanks for the welcome.

First game was 99 at riverfront against the jags and it’s been down hill ever since lmao

I was at the Cleveland game last season too and the Jets the week before couldn’t make it up think I’m cursed was also meant to fly out for the Titans game but flight got cancelled.

Tickets in England to premier league games are around 50-70 dollars a game and a season ticket is around 650 dollars but that’s for 19 games.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 09:02 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Welcome to the board! You're potentially 0-12 at live games? That is brutal lmao. Sorry to hear. I went to the first Browns game this year, my first time in Cincinnati. Imagine my disappointment. Are England sports considerably cheaper? I haven't visited any part of the UK, but I visited Spain a few years ago and was looking into buying a ticket for Real Madrid. I remember the prices being similar to NFL tickets. 

Know BengalsLUFC has already responded, but North American sports tickets in general seem quite a lot in comparison to UK sports. Even the NFL games in London.... think I paid roughly £180 for 3 games back in 2016, and they were basically back row seats. I've been to the NHL in Vancouver and literal back row seats for that were £100 each...

Compare that to my football (soccer) team of choice, who are in the 2nd tier of English football. Despite being the 2nd tier, it's still one of the richest, most attended and highest quality leagues in the world, and I pay around £380 for 23 games. Buying a one-off ticket for a non season ticket holder on the day, would be £20.

When I saw Cincinnati at Wembley that was around £70, again for seats in the top tier... I've been to two Championship playoff finals (regularly touted as the richest game in football) in the same stadium, and I had 2nd row seats for £50 one time. Obviously it's a bit apples and oranges as an NFL game lasts around twice the length of a game of football, but I'd personally say football in the UK still does a lot to keep the game affordable for people and there are often initiatives to keep prices down.

I think Madrid tickets being more pricey is understandable, as they are the biggest club in the world and also a bit of a tourist trap. The game in Spain has very different roots to that in the UK, and so the identity of a club like Madrid isn't really in line with anything in the UK. 
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 06:47 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Thanks for the welcome.

First game was 99 at riverfront against the jags and it’s been down hill ever since lmao

I was at the Cleveland game last season too and the Jets the week before couldn’t make it up think I’m cursed was also meant to fly out for the Titans game but flight got cancelled.

Tickets in England to premier league games are around 50-70 dollars a game and a season ticket is around 650 dollars but that’s for 19 games.

I met an Englishman on my visit to Madrid and he was a Tottenham fan, I believe. He highly suggested going to a game if I ever visit the country. Hard to say no if those are prices I am looking at.
Reply/Quote
What do you expect. May be a lot more celebs and special fans in attendance this year if we start strong.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 06:47 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to the board.  

I too was at that game in 1999 versus Jacksonville.  I was not yet a season ticket holder, but I was planning to be so for the 2000 season as PBS was opening.  I had serious second thoughts after that game.  If memory serves, we lost by 30-some points and someone chucked an apple at Bruce Coslett as the team was leaving the field.  Good times  Tongue
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 12:28 AM)jason Wrote: I dunno man. I'm just guessing Jets tickets are more expensive than our games. It's all a hustle. You and the guy sitting next to you have paid two separate prices for your seats. The only question is which one of you is the fool that paid more.

Sure, but that's a way way way different market. The posts of guys complaining that Bengals tickets are now a lot more... especially on the 2ndary market need a lesson in supply/demand price fluctuation. These are simple dots to connect to, yet I read quite a bit of pearl clutching over it.

A lot of these people refused to go to games until the team won.... or even buy a jersey or T shirt. There are threads and posts from these frequently posting "Jungle-noisers" all over this forum about it. Now the Bengals win and these wanna be, "die hard" "superfans" want cheap tix? Mouth breathers. The lot of em.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 01:06 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Welcome to the board.  

I too was at that game in 1999 versus Jacksonville.  I was not yet a season ticket holder, but I was planning to be so for the 2000 season as PBS was opening.  I had serious second thoughts after that game.  If memory serves, we lost by 30-some points and someone chucked an apple at Bruce Coslett as the team was leaving the field.  Good times  Tongue

I was only 10 visiting my dad as it was school vacation over here he’s a Brit who lives in Cincinnati and has no clue about football, so the first time was a strange experience for us both. But somehow fell in love that day haha.

First time I ever went to PBS my jaw dropped as English stadiums are completely different in how they were built back then, my soccer team has has the same stadium since 1919 with upgrades obviously.

The thing with PBS is it’s never going to win any awards but it’s full of charm and atmosphere compare it to a place like MetLife witch is a soulless bowl. You can have all the video boards and LED’s you want but you can’t buy character that PBS has now it’s an older ground.

Can’t wait to get back in December now the team is flying and just see us win one game please ?
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 01:41 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Sure, but that's a way way way different market. The posts of guys complaining that Bengals tickets are now a lot more... especially on the 2ndary market need a lesson in supply/demand price fluctuation. These are simple dots to connect to, yet I read quite a bit of pearl clutching over it.

A lot of these people refused to go to games until the team won.... or even buy a jersey or T shirt. There are threads and posts from these frequently posting "Jungle-noisers" all over this forum about it. Now the Bengals win and these wanna be, "die hard" "superfans" want cheap tix? Mouth breathers. The lot of em.

Oh I remember the "not one dime til they put a winner out there crowd". Welp... Here they are. Pay up fellas.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 03:53 PM)jason Wrote: Oh I remember the "not one dime til they put a winner out there crowd". Welp... Here they are. Pay up fellas.

Exactly!

Only, it's not a dime anymore... lol
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 02:03 AM)basballguy Wrote: Something isn't right about this pricing.  If season ticket holders can get tickets for as low as 55 bucks a game then there's something not right about the cheapest seat being a 120 bucks for a single game.  

well economics come into play. the $55 a seat is a package deal with season tickets, i would assume with demand those tickets are gone, so most tickets on sale as single game are probably lower bowl and some are single tickets so $120 is totally understandable.  I pay around $90 for my season tickets and im not in the lower bowl
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 02:12 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Pretty crazy I was able to buy a jungle pass for like 200 bucks like 4 years ago, which was just a promo name for nose bleed season tickets.

I think the team is trying to get a pile of money stacked up so they don’t go bankrupt signing our young guys.

they still had very reasonable season ticket packages.. probably once of the cheapest out of the 32 teams.. ive been a ticket holder for a while and nothing in price has changed that much with good and bad times
Reply/Quote
We have great seats at the bottom of the upper deck and those only increased $5 a game. Looks like the cheapest season tickets increased $10. Not a lot considering that they held the line on pricing for a long time.

The secondary market is going to reflect the demand now that the bandwagon is rolling. Add the fact that prime time games usually demand a premium and it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
I'm trying to get tickets to the Tampa game, but for 5 people it's almost $1k. Sheesh
Reply/Quote