Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Tier 3 QB
Biggest talk in the NFL today is the just released QB tier ratings by ESPN, The list is compiled by 10 general managers, five head coaches, 10 coordinators, 10 senior personnel executives, five QB coaches and 10 others with job titles ranging from assistant coach to salary-cap manager to analytics director.

Our boy Andy comes in at #22, but hey; that's 10 spots higher than the QB we parted ways with.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/91gkze/espns_2018_nfl_qb_tiers_rankings/

Tier 1:

T1. Aaron Rodgers
T1. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Ben Roethlisberger

Tier 2:

5. Matt Ryan
6. Russell Wilson
7. Matthew Stafford
8. Philip Rivers
9. Carson Wentz
10. Andrew Luck
11. Cam Newton
12. Derek Carr
13. Jimmy Garoppolo
14. Deshaun Watson

Tier 3:

T15. Kirk Cousins
T15. Alex Smith
T17. Eli Manning
T17. Dak Prescott
19. Jared Goff
20. Jameis Winston
21. Marcus Mariota
22. Andy Dalton
T23. Joe Flacco
T23. Case Keenum
25. Tyrod Taylor
26. Blake Bortles
27. Ryan Tannehill
28. Sam Bradford

Tier 4:

29. Mitchell Trubisky
30. Josh McCown
31. Patrick Mahomes
32. AJ McCarron
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Poor AJ....last but at least he is on the list. It is not a surprise where Dalton is ranked. Midrange is his usual landing spot however I would have him a bit higher. I would place him ahead of both Winston and Mariota. 10 is too high for a QB who hasn't played in nearly 2 seasons and has a reconstructed shoulder. Garropolo is too high with his limited experience.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
With a full offseason of running Lazor's offense, new linemen (especially Price), an established running game to take pressure off of him, and guys like Ross, Eifert, Kroft, etc. to take pressure off of AJ, Dalton will FAR outplay a #22 ranking.

Going to be a hell of a year.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
Should be top 5 this year with a decent O-line and a running game. Normal Dalton hate IMO.

Actually think that Trubisky is being overlooked, he has a real good arm and if some of his WR's can stay healthy he
might have a good year. AJM probably won't even start, he sure didn't look like a starter last Offseason. Think Allen
will be the starter by the time the season rolls around.

Hopefully the Pig finally starts to fall off, hate that guy and it pizzes me off him being in the top tier.

We need to beat the shit out of this guy this year.
Reply/Quote
Personally think Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins have been disrespected. I could easily see them at the top of tier 2 instead of tier 3.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Tier 2 is questionable imo

Luck, Watson and Wentz all coming back from injury. Watson and Wentz both still have much to prove.

Speaking of much to prove, Jimmy G in tier 2?
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 07:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Should be top 5 this year with a decent O-line and a running game. Normal Dalton hate IMO.

Actually think that Trubisky is being overlooked, he has a real good arm and if some of his WR's can stay healthy he
might have a good year. AJM probably won't even start, he sure didn't look like a starter last Offseason. Think Allen
will be the starter by the time the season rolls around.

Hopefully the Pig finally starts to fall off, hate that guy and it pizzes me off him being in the top tier.

We need to beat the shit out of this guy this year.

With Bell probably not returning next year and Ben being 37 by the time the 2019 season comes around, I think that this is his last year, especially with us handing them their asses this year and driving him into the dirt.  
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 08:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Tier 2 is questionable imo

Their T2 is a terrible list. Watson has played what, 7 games? Jimmy G even less. Carr had a good rookie season and was average in year 2. Luck hasn't done much in years. Cam was bad the last 2 years. Wentz has had 1 good year and 1 really bad. Wilson does way more for his team then Big Ben at this point in his career. 
Reply/Quote
Dalton should be ahead of Winston, but who’s in what tier looks about right to me.

Reply/Quote
total Bogassity

but that's what happens when your O-line SUCKS....
makes your QB look bad...
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 09:22 PM)Steve Wrote: total Bogassity

but that's what happens when your O-line SUCKS....
makes your QB look bad...

Eh, Seattle’s Oline was atrocious last year and they have him #6...

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 08:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Personally think Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins have been disrespected. I could easily see them at the top of tier 2 instead of tier 3.

Agreed Bfine, both those guys are better then where they are rated.

(07-24-2018, 08:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Tier 2 is questionable imo

Luck, Watson and Wentz  all coming back from injury. Watson and Wentz both still have much to prove.

I think Wentz is the real deal but i agree on Jimmy G and of course Watson.

(07-24-2018, 08:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: With Bell probably not returning next year and Ben being 37 by the time the 2019 season comes around, I think that this is his last year, especially with us handing them their asses this year and driving him into the dirt.  

Beat their asses, damn rights Brad.

(07-24-2018, 08:50 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Their T2 is a terrible list. Watson has played what, 7 games? Jimmy G even less. Carr had a good rookie season and was average in year 2. Luck hasn't done much in years. Cam was bad the last 2 years. Wentz has had 1 good year and 1 really bad. Wilson does way more for his team then Big Ben at this point in his career. 

Yep, Dalton is better then Cam anyways.

Russell Wilson is one hell of a QB. Should be up there especially what he did with that shit O-line...

Almost as bad as ours the last year or so.

(07-24-2018, 09:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, Seattle’s Oline was atrocious last year and they have him #6...

Cuz Russell Wilson is hella good. One i agree with besides the first 3 obviously.
Reply/Quote
The way the OL blew chunks last year I get the ranking.

But much like George and Louise Jefferson, Dalton "will be moving on up" with a formidable rushing attack and a capable LT.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 09:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The way the OL blew chunks last year I get the ranking.

But much like George and Louise Jefferson Dalton "will be moving on up" with a formidable rushing attack and a capable LT.

Don't forget center because that is an even bigger piece to help Dalton.
Reply/Quote
In 5 years Mahomes will make that 31 ranking look embarrassing and Well have a diff starting QB by then
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 09:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed Bfine, both those guys are better then where they are rated.

I think Wentz is the real deal but i agree on Jimmy G and of course Watson.

Beat their asses, damn rights Brad.

Yep, Dalton is better then Cam anyways.

Russell Wilson is one hell of a QB. Should be up there especially what he did with that shit O-line...

Almost as bad as ours the last year or so.

Cuz Russell Wilson is hella good. One i agree with besides the first 3 obviously.

I’m not sure I agree that dalton is better than Cam. Two totally different qbs and cams 2015 season was incredible.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 11:55 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I’m not sure I agree that dalton is better than Cam. Two totally different qbs and cams 2015 season was incredible.

No way Dalton is better than Cam as far as pure skill goes.

Reply/Quote
Seems pretty accurate to me.  I have him typically around 18-20 but there are so many young QBs coming into the league with upside that Dalton will continue to slide if he doesn't step up this season.
Reply/Quote
Opinions. Purely opinions. Everybody has one.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
There are flaws in these ratings. Look at Flacco, jimmy G and Luck. All generously rated based on bias I’m sure. Although, at current status, Dalton would still be considered between 10-15. Their is tough competition on that list.

Reply/Quote