Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness on Netflix
I imagine many have already heard about this but thought I'd post anyway. I binge watched it when it was out. It's hard to explain in a few words. It is like a car crash wrapped in a train wreck with a touch of tornado and a bleached blond gun wielding mullet. It starts out a bit slow in the first two episodes, but just when you think things got weird and it could not get more strange it does. Cults formed around keeping tigers, probably a lot of drugs, and other interesting dynamics.

And yes I think Carole killed her husband.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 04:37 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I imagine many have already heard about this but thought I'd post anyway.  I binge watched it when it was out.  It's hard to explain in a few words.  It is like a car crash wrapped in a train wreck with a touch of tornado and a bleached blond gun wielding mullet.  It starts out a bit slow in the first two episodes, but just when you think things got weird and it could not get more strange it does.  Cults formed around keeping tigers, probably a lot of drugs, and other interesting dynamics.

And yes I think Carole killed her husband.

We watched it last Sunday.  Neither of us cared for it, but she promised her daughter we would watch it so we stuck it out.  With that said, I will probably watch the extra episode coming out, just to say I watched it all.  And I do hope it comes out that Lowe and Doc Antle are both getting locked up as well.  In all honesty, everyone but the guy who produced Joe's web series and the GW Zoo employees should be in jail from what I saw.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 04:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We watched it last Sunday.  Neither of us cared for it, but she promised her daughter we would watch it so we stuck it out.  With that said, I will probably watch the extra episode coming out, just to say I watched it all.  And I do hope it comes out that Lowe and Doc Antle are both getting locked up as well.  In all honesty, everyone but the guy who produced Joe's web series and the GW Zoo employees should be in jail from what I saw.

I just watched the extra episode.  It isn't really that great.  It is just a guy interviewing a few people from the doc and how they felt about the reaction to the documentary.  The best part of it in my opinion was the interview with the woman that lost her hand to a tiger. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 04:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We watched it last Sunday.  Neither of us cared for it, but she promised her daughter we would watch it so we stuck it out.  With that said, I will probably watch the extra episode coming out, just to say I watched it all.  And I do hope it comes out that Lowe and Doc Antle are both getting locked up as well.  In all honesty, everyone but the guy who produced Joe's web series and the GW Zoo employees should be in jail from what I saw.

You know it's a screwed up group of people when the guy who literally dismembered another human and claims he was the inspiration for Scarface is one of the more tame characters involved.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 05:55 PM)samhain Wrote: You know it's a screwed up group of people when the guy who literally dismembered another human and claims he was the inspiration for Scarface is one of the more tame characters involved.

Holy crap, I forgot about that guy!
Reply/Quote
Does anyone else get a Trailer Park Boys vibe from this show? I mean, is it really real? Cuz the Trailer Park Boys is also a ‘documentary’ style show, and I get the same feeling after watching Tiger King.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 12:38 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Does anyone else get a Trailer Park Boys vibe from this show?  I mean, is it really real? Cuz the Trailer Park Boys is also a ‘documentary’ style show, and I get the same feeling after watching Tiger King.

Sure the documentary probably only featured the most bizarre stuff but it isn't a mockumentary like Trailer Park Boys or The Office.  Joe and all the others are real.  Joe is currently in prison and I read the other day that investigators are looking for new leads about what happened to Carole's husband.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 11:49 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Sure the documentary probably only featured the most bizarre stuff but it isn't a mockumentary like Trailer Park Boys or The Office.  Joe and all the others are real.  Joe is currently in prison and I read the other day that investigators are looking for new leads about what happened to Carole's husband.

And I recall seing the John Oliver segment when it originally aired on Last Week Tonight and thinking "what the hell is that Oklahoma guy on?!?!"
Reply/Quote