Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tight Man Coverage
Here's a guy who believes the same as what a lot of us are saying. We'e got to quit doing some much soft zone coverage !

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/10/4/17925380/bengals-must-disrupt-ryan-tannehill-and-dolphins-passing-game

We need to start trusting the rush and trusting the 1st round CB's more. Are we gonna get beat deep from time to time like that ? Sure, but is giving up one bomb a game for 7 points really worse than giving up 325 yards and 28 points 6 yards at at time ?

Tannehill isn't going to beat us scrambling and running it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 10:32 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Here's a guy who believes the same as what a lot of us are saying. We'e got to quit doing some much soft zone coverage !

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/10/4/17925380/bengals-must-disrupt-ryan-tannehill-and-dolphins-passing-game

We need to start trusting the rush and trusting the 1st round CB's more. Are we gonna get beat deep from time to time like that ? Sure, but is giving up one bomb a game for 7 points really worse than giving up 325 yards and 28 points 6 yards at at time ?

Tannehill isn't going to beat us scrambling and running it.

I think every game and opponent is different. We just played an Atlanta team with a very good OL and 3 great one on one receivers, 2 with deep ball capability with Jones and Ridley. The Dolphins have Stills, but not sure he is as a big a deep threat as Atlanta group. Also, Dolphins OL is injury riddled at center and guard so hopefully Geno and others can get a big push up the middle.

I do think this is a game we try and disrupt timing and play more tight man to man. I think we can force turnovers.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 10:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think every game and opponent is different. We just played an Atlanta team with a very good OL and 3 great one on one receivers, 2 with deep ball capability with Jones and Ridley. The Dolphins have Stills, but not sure he is as a big a deep threat as Atlanta group. Also, Dolphins OL is injury riddled at center and guard so hopefully Geno and others can get a big push up the middle.

I do think this is a game we try and disrupt timing and play more tight man to man. I think we can force turnovers.

Agree, we've got to get more aggressive on D
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 10:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think every game and opponent is different. We just played an Atlanta team with a very good OL and 3 great one on one receivers, 2 with deep ball capability with Jones and Ridley. The Dolphins have Stills, but not sure he is as a big a deep threat as Atlanta group. Also, Dolphins OL is injury riddled at center and guard so hopefully Geno and others can get a big push up the middle.

I agree with what you're saying and it is better to game plan for each opponent. That said, I dont think that's what Austin has done. We've played the same weakass soft zone that has been tore up every week. With his defense it seems the only two options are they score or commit a turnover. We've seen the past 2 weeks how many points they give up when they don't get turnovers. 
Reply/Quote
It all starts with the pressure up front, no pressure and our DBs will get exposed.

They are serviceable but we really need a rush up front to be a successful.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I thought the point of having all these great pass rushers was so the DB's could play man/press in the first place. They aren't effective if you let the QB throw short passes all day.
Reply/Quote
The short passes bother me, but I think the open receivers in our secondary bothers me more. I kind of felt bad for Bates because he was playing deep and he had to choose which open receiver to cover. Ripley beating Dre was 1 and Williams letting the TE get by him for TD was another, that I can think of off hand.
Reply/Quote
Yes, have to play more aggressive. Sure sometimes it can backfire but i am with you guys. In the end i think we can
win by multiple scores playing this way. Makes it too easy for the QB's to dink and dunk us and the games are closer
cause of it. You play more aggressive and it is more likely you get the Turnovers that Austin has said he is trying to
get. I am not saying we should play press man all the time as we have to adjust to the Offense in front of us.

Just play it much more than what we are doing right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 01:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, have to play more aggressive. Sure sometimes it can backfire but i am with you guys. In the end i think we can
win by multiple scores playing this way. Makes it too easy for the QB's to dink and dunk us and the games are closer
cause of it. You play more aggressive and it is more likely you get the Turnovers that Austin has said he is trying to
get. I am not saying we should play press man all the time as we have to adjust to the Offense in front of us.

Just play it much more than what we are doing right now.

Right !

When the opposition has it 3rd and 5 on their own 32 why do you have your CB's lined up 6 or 7 yards from the LOS ? And at the snap they backpedal two steps ? You're handing them the 1st down on a silver platter !

You can't play press man every play but come on for crying out loud. That's one of the bigger reasons we have the worst 3rd down D in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 02:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right !

When the opposition has it 3rd and 5 on their own 32 why do you have your CB's lined up 6 or 7 yards from the LOS ? And at the snap they backpedal two steps ? You're handing them the 1st down on a silver platter !

You can't play press man every play but come on for crying out loud. That's one of the bigger reasons we have the worst 3rd down D in the NFL.

Spot on, that is when you press, on 3rd and 5 and such, pretty simple just don't have your Corners
lined up that deep. Atleast play at the line and come up and make the tackle. Completely understand
you on this one man.
Reply/Quote