Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tight end signed
(04-05-2022, 07:31 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I was kidding. I'm really not concerned about TE and would rather spend early draft picks in other area's. It could be a sign that they won't be spending any early draft picks on a TE or I atleast hope that is the case.

They've been checking out TE's and i've heard on youtube guys who know the organization like James Rapien  say they're gonna draft a TE prob in the 1st 3 rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 08:59 PM)pulses Wrote: They've been checking out TE's and i've heard on youtube guys who know the organization like James Rapien  say they're gonna draft a TE prob in the 1st 3 rounds.

I think it would be a mistake with our other positions of needs. But this is the same group that gave us Sample in RD 2 so it certainly wouldn't surprise me if they thought they should do that again.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 10:28 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think it would be a mistake with our other positions of needs. But this is the same group that gave us Sample in RD 2 so it certainly wouldn't surprise me if they thought they should do that again.

TE is a need. Hurst and Sample are both FA's after this year and nobody behind them.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 10:28 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think it would be a mistake with our other positions of needs. But this is the same group that gave us Sample in RD 2 so it certainly wouldn't surprise me if they thought they should do that again.

Sample was a horrible draft pick and a big overreach in the 2nd round.  I dont know if I trust this coaching staff to draft another TE when they thought Sample was so great.  You could probably sign any good college TE in the later rounds and they would perform just as well as Sample.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 11:45 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Sample was a horrible draft pick and a big overreach in the 2nd round.  I dont know if I trust this coaching staff to draft another TE when they thought Sample was so great.  You could probably sign any good college TE in the later rounds and they would perform just as well as Sample.

I think it's tough to hit on the TE position at least to get a player that lives up to being taken in a higher Rd. Even if you do get a good TE it's gonna take 2 to 3 yrs. to get some solid production out of them. That's why I'm not really wanting a TE until late in the draft and would be completely fine if we don't draft one at all. The Bengals offense will be just fine with the weapons we have right now.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 07:08 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think it's tough to hit on the TE position at least to get a player that lives up to being taken in a higher Rd. Even if you do get a good TE it's gonna take 2 to 3 yrs. to get some solid production out of them. 

So you don't want a productive TE 2-3 years from now? 
Nobody wants to read your stupid blogs or click on your referral links.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 08:25 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: So you don't want a productive TE 2-3 years from now? 

Depends if cincy has a wr trio similar to the one they have now. If that’s the case, all they would need is a guy to rack up 400-500 yards
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 12:40 AM)pulses Wrote: TE is a need. Hurst and Sample are both FA's after this year and nobody behind them.

If a pass-catching TE falls to us in the draft, great, but it's not a "need". He will likely be 3rd-5th in the pecking order.

Sample won't break the bank when it comes time to sign him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 08:59 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If a pass-catching TE falls to us in the draft, great, but it's not a "need". He will likely be 3rd-5th in the pecking order.

Sample won't break the bank when it comes time to sign him.

When you have 2 FA TE's after this season and your 3rd TE is never gonna start it is a NEED. And their is a reason they are looking at the better TE's in the draft. This is a deep class at TE and you take advantage of that when you can. From everything I have heard and read they're gonna take a TE in the first 3 rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 08:25 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: So you don't want a productive TE 2-3 years from now? 

Not me..I want a TE that is garbage in 2-3 years from now. What round should we take one of them; the 2nd again? Or maybe lightning can strike twice and we find the next Sean Brewer in the 1st..

Yeah, that was a silly quesrion. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Sure I would. But that's if everything works out. I also think our time to win a Superbowl is right now. I want to draft early positions that will help in that effort this year as a starter in 1 and solid depth in rds 2-3. I also think after this last year it's obvious that our offense is Burrow and Chase 1st and foremost. Then you have Higgins, Boyd and Mixon so after all that I don't really think we have the targets for early Rd TE.
Reply/Quote
Im suprised some fans are worried about losing Sample. Does anybody really think he would be hard to replace?
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 12:00 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Im suprised some fans are worried about losing Sample.  Does anybody really think he would be hard to replace?

Tell me about it. not only that, he's not gonna BREAK the Dang BANK when it's time to resign him if we go that route.

As i said prior, if a decent TE prospect falls to us, and there isn't a greater need elsewhere then fine, draft one. We have Hurst, who will be 3rd+ in the pecking order, a pass catcher isn't a major need with this offense atm. 
Reply/Quote