Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tile question
Since we have received the estimate, we are now looking into laminate or bamboo.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 07:55 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Holy bejeebus- our tile guy just gave us a estimate of $15, 000 to tile the dining room/hallway/family & living room.

(09-20-2016, 09:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Since we have received the estimate, we are now looking into laminate or bamboo.

This may just be my own personal tastes, but I think tile is for bathroom/kitchen.  I think the laminate/wood/bamboo would look better in the family and living rooms.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 12:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This may just be my own personal tastes, but I think tile is for bathroom/kitchen.  I think the laminate/wood/bamboo would look better in the family and living rooms.

The tile in question looked like wood. However, we are pleased with what we have seeen with the laminate so far.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey Sunset, got a question for you:

So I am about to begin painting my newly tiled bathroom. First thing I need to fill in dry wall holes. I have filled in small holes before (where screws were in, etc) but there was about a 1/4 inch gap between my tiled shower and the drywall. I had to cut the drywall and install backer board on the wall, hence the gap. Do you think it's OK to just fill the gap with joint compound, sand it, and then just paint over it? I
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 09:06 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: The tile in question looked like wood. However, we are pleased with what we have seeen with the laminate so far.

I just laid the wood tile in my bathroom. It looks really cool ! 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote