Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Krumrie wants you to read his story about coping with brain trauma
(12-08-2017, 06:46 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Yikes!  No, I don't remember getting hit or anything.  Just don't remember much from that game, other than pregame stuff.  But you're right, practice had countless times we'd knock the snot out of each other. Its all part of the game we thought. 

Jesus dude, we're lucky we have you here today!  I've only been in one bad accident, but NOTHING, as serious as that.  That was also in high school.  I was knocked out for a brief minute or two.  Took 14 stiches above my right eye, another 20 in my knee. but the worst pain thru that whole ordeal was the rug burns on my left side, shoulder-hip-thigh. 

I'm sure we got something wrong upstairs....hell we're Bengal fans for crying out loud! That oughta be enough proof in itself!   Wink

Sorry.....kind of derailed the thread.   There's a reason Krumrie has always been one of my favorite Bengals of all time.  I still remember feel sickened when broke his leg.  I honestly think if he wouldn't have gone down in that Super Bowl, we would have won that game.  I'm glad he recognized something going on upstairs and that he's got a kick ass wife who's helped him every step of the way.  I didn't realize he coached as long as he did through out the league. 
Ain't that the truth! LMAO LMAO
Losing him was a huge blow in XXIII, with Boomer's bum shoulder, we needed all cylinders firing on defense.  The thing that amazed me about all of that was the fact that he would not leave the locker room until the game was over to go to the hospital.  They set his leg in the trainer's room, and he sat there in pain until the game was over.  We sure could use a Krumrie right now.  Kudos to his wife, that's a strong lady.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 02:19 PM)jowczarski Wrote: I know, I know - I have my own thread. But thought this might be worth a cross over.
Spent time with Tim in Colorado and he's truly an amazing guy. He wants his story out there, and I'm privileged to tell it. Any questions, by all means - fire away. Any shares always appreciated!

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/12/07/tim-krumrie-brain-trauma-wont-settle-sad-fate/905801001/

Mr. Krumrie was a good friend of my Dads when I was kid, and I grew up with his son Dexter. Amazing family, and even cooler guy. I remember when I was 8, I told my 2nd grade teacher, Miss. Coleman, that my dad was friends with Mr. Krumrie. She thought it was so cool, but whats even funnier, during the school year her husband and Mr. Krumrie managed to come across each others paths and became friends. Fast forward a month or so, I'm at the Krumrie's house over near weller park in "The Reserves" playing with their INSANE assortment of dogs. Mr. Krumrie comes downstairs and says "So Pat... I hear you tell people you know me... He picks me up above his head just to screw around with me and act like he was mad. Of course he was just looking for a rise out of me, which he definitely got. Being an 8 year old picked up by a 6'2" NT and glared at is definitely enough to make a kid squirm lol. 
Reply/Quote
Ha! That's a great story.

Thanks again for reading all!
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 07:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What a badass dude and what a great read Jim O! Cool

Can't say it better than Nate ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote