Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim McGee: Fans are just as culpable as coaches/ownership!
Was listening to WLW post game on way home from work and heard Tim basically say that if fans keep going to games and making excuses for this coach and ownership, then they are just as much to blame for how this franchise is performing. TRUTH BOMB TO THE FANS. PBS SHOULD BE EMPTY NEXT WEEK AGAINST DENVER.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:22 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Was listening to WLW post game on way home from work and heard Tim basically say that if fans keep going to games and making excuses for this coach and ownership, then they are just as much to blame for how this franchise is performing. TRUTH BOMB TO THE FANS. PBS SHOULD BE EMPTY NEXT WEEK AGAINST DENVER.

Truth bomb to McGee and any dumb ass who thinks that way.  Mike has proven he doesn't care if the stadium is empty.  Blaming the fans is idiot talk.  The Browns sukked for years and filled their stadium every week and people commended them for it.  The fans have no control.  Billboards and newspaper ads and planes flying over and whatever else desperate fans have tried over the years have meant nothing to Scrooge. 

So Tim, STFU.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:22 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Was listening to WLW post game on way home from work and heard Tim basically say that if fans keep going to games and making excuses for this coach and ownership, then they are just as much to blame for how this franchise is performing. TRUTH BOMB TO THE FANS. PBS SHOULD BE EMPTY NEXT WEEK AGAINST DENVER.

No, not really. It is never the fans faults, dead serious here. They have no impact of how the game is played or managed. People showing up or not matters absolutely 0 to an NFL Franchise other than optics as most their revenue is from TV deals. The optics do not bother Mike Brown so it’s pointless. In the end you can choose to manage better, play better and coach better without the fans having any impact at all.

Also as a side note, people who tell others how to spend their money are self indulgent tools.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:27 PM)McC Wrote: Truth bomb to McGee and any dumb ass who thinks that way.  Mike has proven he doesn't care if the stadium is empty.  Blaming the fans is idiot talk.  The Browns sukked for years and filled their stadium every week and people commended them for it.  The fans have no control.  Billboards and newspaper ads and planes flying over and whatever else desperate fans have tried over the years have meant nothing to Scrooge. 

So Tim, STFU.

Yes!

The thing us fans are bad at realizing is our owner/GM hasn't won a playoff game in what 26+ years?

We're just extremely poorly managed. End of story.

No owner would keep a coach 16 years that hasn't won a playoff game. Here the owner panics when he thinks the coach might leave.
Reply/Quote
That stadium could be totally empty all the remaining games and it wouldn't phase Mike Brown or alter his decision in any way, he doesn't care !

And Tim McGee is an idiot if he believes otherwise.
Reply/Quote
Who says "Truth Bomb"? Mellow
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:27 PM)McC Wrote: Truth bomb to McGee and any dumb ass who thinks that way.  Mike has proven he doesn't care if the stadium is empty.  Blaming the fans is idiot talk.  The Browns sukked for years and filled their stadium every week and people commended them for it.  The fans have no control.  Billboards and newspaper ads and planes flying over and whatever else desperate fans have tried over the years have meant nothing to Scrooge. 

So Tim, STFU.

i have to agree with this. Mike Brown just doesn't give a shit. I doubt he even knows what the attendance is.

He hasn't cared since the league adopted its revenue sharing scheme that paid failing owners for putting trash on the field.

Reply/Quote
I'm the guy who has went on record many times (including earlier this year) who has said fans need to show up and support their team. BUT, Tim may be right; showing up after this debacle may not be the thing to do. We just got decimated at HOME by the BROWNS, I mean really. Maybe some horrid press and an empty stadium maybe, just maybe; would signal to Mike Brown he has to do something different for a change. I'm all for a complete revamp of this staff starting with Marvin and Hue, anything less than that would convince me that the ownership really doesn't care at all. I actually only "tuned in " to see who got fired already, wishful thinking I suppose.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That stadium could be totally empty all the remaining games and it wouldn't phase Mike Brown or alter his decision in any way, he doesn't care !

And Tim McGee is an idiot if he believes otherwise.

He also said that season ticket holders are going to show up because they've already made the investment for the season and don't want to just flush the money, so they might as well come to the game.  Which is true.  The last two games, the STH will still be there for the most part.  Who you're losing is the casual fan that comes to only one or a handful of games each season.  They're not buying tickets to either of the last two games.  Today's crowd, in terms of this season, actually wasn't bad.  It helped that a lot of Clowns fans showed up.  Can't count on that many Bronco or Raider fans showing up.     
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The only way to make Mike Brown to make a change is to hit him where it hurts the most: his wallet.

Granted, revenue sharing and all that guarantees Mike makes millions every year. But he strikes me as the type of guy who craves every penny he can possibly acquire. An empty stadium will certainly hurt him, but I doubt it would be enough
Reply/Quote
Empty stadiums are the only voice we as fans have. If Mike Brown doesn’t care about that, as some say, then WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING HERE?! None of us should be complaining about ANYTHING....WE are the ones that are CRAZY...Not Mike Brown. We just keep giving him our money in exchange for absolutely nothing.... and he laughs at us all the way to the bank. He gives us a plate of rotting meat and we eat every last scrap, begging for more. NO THANKS!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:45 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Empty stadiums are the only voice we as fans have.

THIS.
Reply/Quote
The stadium is half empty already!!!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:59 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: The only way to make Mike Brown to make a change is to hit him where it hurts the most: his wallet.

Granted, revenue sharing and all that guarantees Mike makes millions every year. But he strikes me as the type of guy who craves every penny he can possibly acquire. An empty stadium will certainly hurt him, but I doubt it would be enough

If I recall the time when we hired Marvin, Katie was saying her kids were getting verbal abuse at school and such things. It was not the lack of fans that created change last time it was the family reputation.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:44 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Who you're losing is the casual fan that comes to only one or a handful of games each season.  They're not buying tickets to either of the last two games. 

That describes me exactly. Live in Indianapolis and grew up in Louisville and Columbus, Indiana. Have been a Bengals fan since the mid 70s when I was a kid.

Historically have taken the family to a couple of games a year but not the last few years. Just tired of feeling the ownership doesn’t give a damn. Part of me wishes Mike Brown would just move the damn team so I could move on. I don’t switch loyalties so I may become less and less interested but honestly will always pull for the Cincinnati team. Hoping I can pull the trigger and cut off Sunday Ticket next year.

I used to get pissed after a loss but now just becoming closer to apethic. It’s sad when you best pleasures regarding football comes from the occasional loss of a team you hate.
Reply/Quote
Love McGee, but he's dead wrong. This ownership doesn't operate within the rules of logic and customer satisfaction. They'd do things the same whether there were 65,000 fans in the seats or 15.

If anything, a fan revolt will encourage Katie and Troy to move the team when Mike dies and the time comes to build a new stadium. They already hate the city for trying to get snippy about the PBS deal after they got fleeced.

Mike knew the consequences of re-hiring Marvin. People de-invested. The ones that stayed and hoped for something early got punched in the nuts after a nice start. Bill of goods all along.
Reply/Quote
I may be wrong as I barely watched, but from the very first snap it seemed the stadium was basically a home game for the Browns. I heard duke and njoku chants like it was in Cleveland and saw tons of browns fans whenever the camera panned to the crowd. Anyone there have a better estimate of the ratio?

I used to go to several game a year but haven’t been since 2015 (almost bought last min tickets to the playoff game, soooooo glad I didn’t). I won’t be back until Marvin is gone. If they blow it up with a new coach and some exciting young talent I will be back to see in person, but not again while they stick with this status quo BS. I don’t care if we have a few 2-4 win seasons, I’ll get to some games as long as I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately, there is no light as long as things stay the same like they have the last 16 years. Marvin will NEVER win a playoff game as a HC. We are long past the time to move on.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:45 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Empty stadiums are the only voice we as fans have. If Mike Brown doesn’t care about that, as some say, then WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING HERE?! None of us should be complaining about ANYTHING....WE are the ones that are CRAZY...Not Mike Brown. We just keep giving him our money in exchange for absolutely nothing.... and he laughs at us all the way to the bank. He gives us a plate of rotting meat and we eat every last scrap, begging for more. NO THANKS!

I was a fan of this team like 15 years before Mikey took over. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:22 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Was listening to WLW post game on way home from work and heard Tim basically say that if fans keep going to games and making excuses for this coach and ownership, then they are just as much to blame for how this franchise is performing. TRUTH BOMB TO THE FANS. PBS SHOULD BE EMPTY NEXT WEEK AGAINST DENVER.

Actually... we haven't shown up for the past couple of years.
Last year we were basically dead last in attendance and it wasn't close. Last place was the Rams as far as parentage but that was because their current stadium is massive.
Reply/Quote
The man doesn’t care what the fans do. The man isn’t all that concerned with a championship. You can’t say winning a championship is your #1 priority while sticking with a coach who hasn’t gotten you close for 15 years. It’s an impossible statement.

As bad as the Browns have been managed, at keast they keep trying. One day they will hit the right combination. I hate most AA lines but one I like is, “Nothing changes if nothing changes”.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote