Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim McGee: Fans are just as culpable as coaches/ownership!
Yeah, having a near empty PBS will surely do it........

Good God is this a joke? Attendance figures will NEVER and I mean NEVER influence Mike Brown.

Someone needs to check McGee for advanced CTE.
Reply/Quote
ok buy my tickets and Ill gladly stay home..........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:44 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: He also said that season ticket holders are going to show up because they've already made the investment for the season and don't want to just flush the money, so they might as well come to the game.  Which is true.  The last two games, the STH will still be there for the most part.  Who you're losing is the casual fan that comes to only one or a handful of games each season.  They're not buying tickets to either of the last two games.  Today's crowd, in terms of this season, actually wasn't bad.  It helped that a lot of Clowns fans showed up.  Can't count on that many Bronco or Raider fans showing up.     

ThumbsUp 

The Bengals lost a lot of season tickets holders the past 2 years. I see FC Cincy soccer taking a lot more in coming years. The season ticket sales will tell the story next year, I predict another 30% decline in season tickets. My guess is team will have gone from peak of 50+K to under 30,000 season tickets essentially guaranteeing stadium in 2019 to be a little over half full on game days.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I disagree with the premise that ebenezer doesn’t care about the attendance. When it is way down has been the only time I’ve noticed him take fan reaction into consideration and get him to attempt something to win them back. Granted it may take a little while and not be much.

I would imagine fellow owners would be wondering what’s going up here but they’re probably just as sick of dealing with him as we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:20 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: That describes me exactly.  Live in Indianapolis and grew up in Louisville and Columbus, Indiana.  Have been a Bengals fan since the mid 70s when I was a kid.

Historically have taken the family to a couple of games a year but not the last few years.  Just tired of feeling the ownership doesn’t give a damn.  Part of me wishes Mike Brown would just move the damn team so I could move on.  I don’t switch loyalties so I may become less and less interested but honestly will always pull for the Cincinnati team.  Hoping I can pull the trigger and cut off Sunday Ticket next year.

I used to get pissed after a loss but now just becoming closer to apethic.  It’s sad when you best pleasures regarding football comes from the occasional loss of a team you hate.

This is me almost to a Tee.  I grew up in the Lexington TV market, and my grandmother lived and worked in Cincinnati all through the war before she moved back home.

I have not been back to a game since the 2015 Seahawks game.....I won't be back until Merv is gone.  If I had to watch via Sunday Ticket, I wouldn't be watching either.

The last paragraph sums it up beautifully.  After watching FSU and the Bungals get creamed...my weekend was shot until Denver come on in there with one.....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I was a fan of this team like 15 years before Mikey took over. 

Ten years prior for me.....man we had it good, it seemed.  Then the Mike Clown shit show came to town.

(11-26-2018, 10:35 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ThumbsUp 

The Bengals lost a lot of season tickets holders the past 2 years. I see FC Cincy soccer taking a lot more in coming years. The season ticket sales will tell the story next year, I predict another 30% decline in season tickets. My guess is team will have gone from peak of 50+K to under 30,000 season tickets essentially guaranteeing stadium in 2019 to be a little over half full on game days.

I'd say you're right, and I certainly don't want to tell fans what to do....nor do I blame season ticket holders for going to games they've already paid for.  I have voted with my wallet, and if memory serves, so did you.  I don't know if the dumbass in the owner's box will make changes due to empty seats or not, but my butt won't be in one anytime soon.  That effort yesterday was abysmal.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: Ten years prior for me.....man we had it good, it seemed.  Then the Mike Clown shit show came to town.

I'd say you're right, and I certainly don't want to tell fans what to do....nor do I blame season ticket holders for going to games they've already paid for.  I have voted with my wallet, and if memory serves, so did you.  I don't know if the dumbass in the owner's box will make changes due to empty seats or not, but my butt won't be in one anytime soon.  That effort yesterday was abysmal.

There was hope back then even in the bad seasons. The 70's and 80's Bengals didn't play Pittsburgh with their tails tucked between their legs. How many seasons under Mike Clown have we had real hope ? 3 or 4 out of what the hell is it now 26 ?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The thing us fans are bad at realizing is our owner/GM hasn't won a playoff game in what 26+ years?

Really?

OMG!!  That changes everything, and NOBODY around here knows anything about this.

Maybe we need to start a dozen threads telling everyone since "us fans" have no idea.

Thank you for this brilliant post Pistons.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 10:35 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ThumbsUp 

I'll not spend a dime on soccer in my lifetime, let alone drive to Cincinnati for it, but I understand the sentiment.  This fanbase's interest is in danger of falling right off the table.  Do nothing, and they'll leave in droves.  Hire Hue as HC, and they'll still leave.  You can't keep running this team in a BAU fashion and not expect the fans to give the owner the middle finger and take their dollars elsewhere.

If Merv or Hue are HC next season, PBS will be a ghost town.  My seats may be empty, too.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'll not spend a dime on soccer in my lifetime, let alone drive to Cincinnati for it, but I understand the sentiment.  This fanbase's interest is in danger of falling right off the table.  Do nothing, and they'll leave in droves.  Hire Hue as HC, and they'll still leave.  You can't keep running this team in a BAU fashion and not expect the fans to give the owner the middle finger and take their dollars elsewhere.

If Merv or Hue are HC next season, PBS will be a ghost town.  My seats may be empty, too.  

???
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:17 PM)McC Wrote: ???

Business as usual.  The Mikey way, in other words.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:24 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Business as usual.  The Mikey way, in other words.

Thank you.  My brain was about to explode trying to come up with it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote